HELP...MISSING The "Description" category for each object in shop. Completely disappeared!

Jump to solution

I am repeating my reply to a post that was listed about 40 minutes ago.  Not one description is listed under the object in my shop. This is happening on all browsers.  This is **very** disconcerting especially after reading the seller's opinions this morning as found on the Etsy Seller's App.  Those reviews only confirmed many of my suspicions and yes, I now that we are having this bug without any explanation from Etsy's corporate office and I am truly concerned about my business!   I am posting inventory through my computer, as always and never use the app other than to check on number of visits and sales.  Hope that serious bug is fixed soon! And I hope that other Etsy sellers will also comment on this so that someone at Etsy sees this problem and responds!  Thank you for speaking up!

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Re: HELP...MISSING The "Description" category for each object in shop. Completely disappe

Jump to solution

It's not a bug, it's a test; all descriptions have been moved to the bottom left of the page, under reviews and review pics.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
27 Replies

Re: HELP...MISSING The "Description" category for each object in shop. Completely disappe

Jump to solution

Descriptions are missing for any listing I view from my desktop, including those in my shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CBanningAccessories    I must be in the test. Your descriptions are on the bottom.

BTW, I love your video on the bucket hats!!!

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@CBanningAccessories  - I see your descriptions underneath "add to cart".

0 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

That just means you're not in this test at this time; to me her descriptions are on the bottom left.

I've been in the test since the get-go, and all descriptions are there, even yours.

0 Likes
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It's not a bug, it's a test; all descriptions have been moved to the bottom left of the page, under reviews and review pics.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm sorry but I have no idea what "a test" means.  Yes, my shop is involved with this.  It is such a problem because the information is imperative and people won't be able to find it.  I couldn't find it myself!  Please let me know how long "tests" last and if this will soon be changed?  Thank you.

1 Like
leinweberstudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TheGildedGriffin 

I am no admin and have no idea how long this test will last, nor if it will become a permanent feature. Some site users are in it, some aren't.

Tests are programs that Etsy is trying out (testing) to see if they will increase sales numbers sitewide.

ETA, my comment was chosen by an admin as the solution. I had nothing to do with that.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks for clarifying Lein!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thanks for the extra info. Now to see what happens next!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, the descriptions are now showing below the 'reviews' section.  

The issues I have had with the descriptions is most of the time the buyer does not read them.  Had a customer give me a poor review and stated it was her fault for not reading the description, so moving the description where it has to be searched for only aggravates the situation with the buyer.  Going to be interesting to see the results of this 'test', especially from a buyers prospective. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

How do we get out of the test and have the description moved back where it was?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have just left this message in my Announcements.  Perhaps it is quite harsh, but it is the truth! I'm so frustrated by this!  I wrote: IT ISN'T OUR FAULT! BUT YES, INDEED, WHERE IS THE ITEM'S DESCRIPTION, measurements, and other definitive details? ETSY is redesigning their site. DESCRIPTIONS OF EACH OBJECT can be found if you SCROLL ALL THE WAY DOWN AND LOOK BELOW THE SHOP'S REVIEWS SECTION. You will then see "Learn more about this item." I AM SO SORRY! Every shopkeeper is complaining behind-the- scenes and trying to get the Corporate Office to stop making these changes...yes. this is quite difficult for everyone! Thank you so very much for your patience!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheGildedGriffin: But what about the accounts that are not in the test and are seeing the "normal" layout? Keep in mind that it is the viewing account that is in the test group, not the selling account. If your account is in the test then you will see the "new" layout both in your shop and others.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I would be very confused because it is clearly on the right where it has always been. Why would the seller say it has changed when it hasn’t. 
I’ve not been in the moved description test so the only way I know about it is through the forums, so anything that says it’s changed will make no sense to me and I would probably wonder what the seller is taking. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

There have been numerous threads and posts on this issue since it started sometime last week. You are not the first to notice it or post about it.

For example, this thread has almost 500 replies and was started last Wednesday:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Product-Descriptions-at-Bottom-of-Page/m-p/14287802...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"TheGildenGriffen", hope this helps.  It has been a learning curve for our shop.. Here is what I've learned working with Etsy and posted from other Etsy shops. Posted this on our shop for potential buyers. Hear ya bud, loud & clear!

Etsy has relocated the item description, history, the size, weight, return policy & shipping info for some shops.

If you don't see these available on your current page, scroll the pages and you will find the information below => "Other Reviews For This Shop."

Etsy calls it an "experiment.", their word, not mine! Hopefully a very short test or experiment.

1 Like
MableandGreen
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yeah, it would be helpful if Etsy had advised shop owners beforehand that they were being put into a test or 'experiment' regarding the placement of their descriptions. Can't imagine how a potential customer not being able to see a description (unless they go to the trouble of scrolling all the way down below reviews) is going to help with an increase in sales. And now all my videos have suddenly disappeared as well. Hey ho! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MableandGreen: It is NOT the shop that is being put in the test, it is the viewing account. So if you are in the test you will see your own listings in the "test" layout but some of your potential buyers will still see the "normal" layout.

1 Like

Jump to solution

There are millions of accounts on Etsy and many will not be in the test group at all.   
Many have opted out of getting email from Etsy so all those accounts will not be notified.    
Many buyer only accounts seldom come to Etsy so they won’t even see the test format if they are in the test group. 
I can see where an email about testing that they may never see could confuse a whole bunch of people. 

I just looked and there are almost 100 million accounts on Etsy. I wonder how many buyer only accounts even know or care about the testing?

1 Like

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem.  Not one listing description is showing up, which will obviously prevent any sales.  When is this expected to be fixed.  (I have an instant download shop)

1 Like

Jump to solution

@WearableArtEmporium: "Not one listing description is showing up" Are they truly not showing up on the page or is that they are buried near the bottom? Two different issues.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sick to death of all the testing.  I do no see my descriptions.  Maybe they're there, maybe not.  Been on Etsy for 15 years and completely disgusted.

Sales are totally off and buyers must be totally confused.  I Know I am.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I completely agree...enough with the experiments.

1 Like

Jump to solution

They are buried near the bottom...and very hard to find or see.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.