Hello, we have recently come across an issue where gift messages have been falling off of orders after customers have placed them. It's more than just a simple customer error as we have had 50+ orders at this point (probably more that have gone unnoticed) with buyers confirming that they submitted a message and it was not received on our end. 

I reported the issue to Etsy and they attributed it to an outdated version of the Etsy app, but the volume of orders affected by it does not seem to support that. 

We're very concerned the customer experience is suffering for who count on this feature when they place orders with us.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? We'd like to be able to escalate the issue to the Etsy support team with more shops that have been affected and get things back to normal! 

Re: Gift Messages Missing

FINALLY GOT A RESPONSE!! They are officially investigating the issue. It seems we made enough noise to get things rolling! Thank you everyone for reporting. Not a lot of info in the message but it gives me hope that it could be resolved soon.

"Based on the information you’ve shared with me, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their on-going investigation so they have more information to work with.

At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved but please know that we prioritize issues based on the impact to our members."

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

I reported this last week.  Etsy’s response (and no resolution yet):

Thank you for letting us know that there are orders that don't show gift messages. Allow me to help you with this.

After a thorough check on your account and based on the information you’ve shared with us, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their ongoing investigation so they have more information to work with.

At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize issues based on their impact on our members. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated.

Don't hesitate to send us an email if you have any questions. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day.

2 Likes

This is still an issue…

0 Likes

yeap it must be happening still as just had one of my customers asking why the gift message was not included with the gift, i did not receive a gift message with the order, Etsy needs to get this sorted out as its making sellers look incompetent!!

0 Likes

I’ve had a response from Etsy that says the engineers are aware and  “…At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize issues based on their impact on our members. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated.”

0 Likes

wow and 1 month later they still cannot fix it!! what do they actually do or know how to sort things out, the so called technical department need to sort themselves out!

0 Likes

Still an issue after WEEKS. I just heard from yet another irritated buyer who included a message I could not see, and I keep hearing from the recipients who are wondering where in the heck their gift came from. Etsy help said yesterday, "it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into". 100% of what I sell are gifts, and a LOT are sent directly to the recipient with a gift note. I'm sure it's just a matter of time till I receive negative reviews due to this, which is a bit concerning....

2 Likes

I'm having the exact same issues and concerns. Customers are cross at having to give the same information twice.

0 Likes

Hi, I'm currently experiencing this. I've been contacted by many buyers saying that they included gift messages which seem to have disappeared. Have you been in contact with Etsy? 

0 Likes

Yep - after a bit of a runaround where they seemed to not know what I was talking about, the last message said "it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into".

Definitely still an issue - looking at the orders I'm shipping today, there are only a couple of gift messages (where there would ordinarily be MANY). 

0 Likes
WaypostPaper
Inspiration Seeker

It's been nearly 6 weeks since gift messages started disappearing and still no resolution. I've had to slow down my production process to allow buyers time to respond to my message informing them about the glitch and asking them if they'd like to add a gift message. I incorporate gift messages into the product, so I need the gift message before starting production. 

I'm tempted to direct buyers to leave the gift message in the "note to seller" box - normally something that annoys me, but in this case, it could help cut down the volume of messages I'm having to send to buyers about the issue.

3 Likes

My email from Etsy support says 

At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize issues based on their impact on our members. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated.”

so I would advise anyone having similar issues to please contact Etsy technical support so they are aware of just how many shops are being affected. Perhaps, the more sellers that report it, the higher priority the issue might be considered?

Good luck

3 Likes

Yes, we can confirm this is a big issue that must be resolved. It's unfortunate and really sets sellers up for failure when customers are expecting that personal Etsy touch. We would have no way of knowing without doing our own test orders and confirming the issue. 

0 Likes

Yes, I experienced this on 1 order.  I just happened to check with the buyer as I noticed the buyer's shipping address was not different from the ship to name.

0 Likes

I have also not received anymore updates on this from Etsy. It continues to be an enormous issue for our shop. I will be filing another help ticket with support today. 

It seems as though the issue is not being addressed at all. 

1 Like
tinySunshine
Inspiration Seeker

I am also experiencing this issue.  The last 5 customers that were sending an item as a gift all said that they had left the message at check-out.  I've never experienced this in 15 years so I know it has to be a real issue.  I just tested it with one of my customers.  She placed an order using the Etsy app and left a gift message and it DID show up on my end.  So I'm wondering if this is a browser issue on the customer side.  I contacted Etsy about it and they did not mention that it is an open ticket that they are looking into.  Instead, they recommended I clear my cache.  Obviously not helpful and they are apparently minimizing the issue.  Meanwhile, I continue to struggle with this while Etsy continues to dip into my profit and do nothing to help. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.