My customers-friend and family (not scammers) are getting an error message when trying to checkout that says "Oh Dear. There was a problem submitting your order. Please give it another shot. If you continue to have problems, please contact support. This happened to two separate people trying to order two separate listings last night. tech support called but said they would send to tech support and tech support would email but there is no response today so terrible "support".

Re: Friends and Family Cannot Order from my shop

(Yet another revision, sorry...) I'm sure any company collecting data for marketing knows more about us that we'd like them to know. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

@Adorabilities 

I suspect you are right--but I still think it would creep me out if Etsy knew who all my friends are!

Since a lot of us do not use social media how would they . IS Etsy somehow monitoring our emails? Telephones?

2 Likes

Knowing how much they take from your profit, I wouldn't want them to buy on Etsy, I would do it offline and use pay pal which only takes a smaller cut or Venmo or even go old school and send you a check. Unless you want them to leave a review... which would technically be shilling I guess.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.