App Notifications

Jump to solution

Are app notifications glitchy today?

While I was out, an Etsy seller app notification popped up on my phone. When I clicked it, my app dashboard appeared and that's all. 

My app notifications are thus:

1. Someone has sent me a message

2. Someone buys something from my shop

3. Someone reviews my listing

So... I have no new messages. Yes, I checked spam

I have no new orders (sad face)

I have no new reviews

Any ideas? It's a mystery to me...

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: App Notifications

Jump to solution

It could have been a message from one of the scammers, but by the time you checked Etsy had already removed their account. At that point it wouldn't show in your messages, including spam. 

View solution in original post

1 Like
15 Replies

Jump to solution

It could have been a message from one of the scammers, but by the time you checked Etsy had already removed their account. At that point it wouldn't show in your messages, including spam. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@audreytherese You know, you're probably right. That makes the most sense. Thanks!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I got one earlier that said 'do you offer returns? If so, let buyers know' or something along those lines. When I clicked, I was also just taken to dashboard & it disappeared. I also had disappearing orders, convos & reviews (still in the right places when I looked but the notifications I opened led me nowhere)

Oh & as if that wasn't enough fun, if I get an order, message or review while I'm in the app, no notification appears at all. No sound/icon, anything. (All are set to notify me) So I have to do a final check in messages & orders tabs before exiting the app or rely on email notifications coming through. Fun & games!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@HandmadeAt62  Wow, that's annoying! I wonder if you need to delete and re download the app or something?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LaRenaissanceGirl

Probably! Haven't done it yet this week lol 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@HandmadeAt62 I had the same question (do you offer returns?).   I thought, "Etsy knows I do!" so I clicked, and the same thing happened to me.  took me to my shop and just dropped me there. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I didn't get a Cha Ching today for one of my sales.  I sure love getting Cha Chings.  I hope that's not glitching!  

1 Like

Jump to solution

@MysticalMermaidsCo  Aww... no cha-ching? I always have my phone on silent, so I wouldn't know if cha-chings are glitching.

0 Likes
LTVboutique
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Having same problem since upgrading the Seller App.  I got an email saying I had an order, but no notification in the app itself.   

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just had another sale and didn't get the Cha Ching. I'm not getting any notifications for favorites either.  I need my Cha Chings!!!!    I'm about to restart my phone and hope that helps.   

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It's obviously Mermaidaphobia.

1 Like
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I've noticed delayed notifications lately. I have the app on both my cell phones and 3 of my ipads. My personal phone is always on silent but the others aren't. The cha-ching's are never in sync.

My bestie came for an overnight a few weeks ago and we were sitting, gabbing and drinking wine when I got a cha-ching and she was so startled that she spilled her wine. She asked, what in the hell was that? 

My reply. It's the sound of money. It's a good sound. Have more wine. She wet her pants from laughing. 

Good times.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

The app is faulty and seem it wasn't tested correctly before being rolled out. I had new notification today (not for the first time) when checking on the app several times so you have wait 15-20 seconds for it to update and show nothing. Tried 3 times nothing. Went straight online and there was a valid message to reply. Top tip Do not rely on the app until Etsy roll out one that is fully fit for purpose. The old one may have been dull but working fine and that's all you need in app. If it doesn't save time what is the purpose of an app?

1 Like

Jump to solution

I just had several items purchased in the last few hours and a message sent.

I didn't receive a notification from Etsy.  So I am guessing yes they are down

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MiniatureDreamHouse: There are so many threads in this forum about issues with app and eMail notifications. Assuming that the eMail was sent, too many bad things can happen between Etsy's mail server and your eMail client. The consensus is that a seller needs to check their shop for messages and orders at least daily via a browser until these issues are resolved.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.