Explore glitch

Jump to solution

Anyone else experience this problem with explore? I had somebody else’s video on my main page! I have no idea how that happened! My video was for a ring tree and I found a drink being poured over ice instead! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Explore glitch

Jump to solution

@bitsyshandmade 

She's talking about Etsy Explore. It's new. 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412145816599-How-to-Create-a-Video-Post-with-Explore?segmen...

Michelle, sorry girl. You know I haven't checked it out yet. For those who have tested it out, I hope they jump in. At least it was someone just pouring something into a glass and not someone showing the naughties!

: )

View solution in original post

1 Like
15 Replies

Jump to solution

Anyone?

0 Likes
bitsyshandmade
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

If you are referring to the browser Explorer, that is probably the reason.  I use Chrome and rarely have any issues.  Otherwise, I guess I misunderstood your issue.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No not chrome or explorer for your browser. I’m taking about etsys explorer so you can use videos and music like Instagra. I had someone else’s stuff on my video main page. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@bitsyshandmade 

She's talking about Etsy Explore. It's new. 

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4412145816599-How-to-Create-a-Video-Post-with-Explore?segmen...

Michelle, sorry girl. You know I haven't checked it out yet. For those who have tested it out, I hope they jump in. At least it was someone just pouring something into a glass and not someone showing the naughties!

: )

1 Like

Jump to solution

*duplicate post* 

1 Like
bitsyshandmade
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MichelleArtStudioCo and @PersonalizeStation - Thanks for clearing that up for me.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

That’s for sure! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Michelle, I see the drink video on your page. It has your shop name and a caption about a ring tree. That’s very bizarre! 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I know right? I sent a glitch report to Etsy.

0 Likes
PapercutandSuch
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I had the same drink video on my video that I posted! I deleted and reposted but it was really weird. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Omg you as well! So weird. I was like WHAT?

1 Like
IndustrialWhimsy
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I had that same video appear on my page as well and tagging two of my items even though it had nothing to do with them. I deleted it but it was showing that I was the one who posted it when I certainly never did. Creeped me out. How is that even possible? Makes me think my account was hacked or something. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Although Etsy has been fiddling and experimenting with the new "Explore Video" all year now for the IOS version of the Etsy Seller app, at present the feature is missing the the app altogether.  I wish that Etsy would do better beta testing of new features before they promote them for use.  They could actually enlist the sellers who have a software development background if they were smart.  Anyway, I continue to be disappointed with Etsy communication and education of Sellers regarding running a shop on Etsy.  The only useful information is found in third-party YouTube videos and in the forums here.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Although Etsy has been fiddling and experimenting with the new "Explore Video" all year now for the IOS version of the Etsy Seller app, at present the feature is missing the the app altogether.  I wish that Etsy would do better beta testing of new features before they promote them for use.  They could actually enlist the sellers who have a software development background if they were smart.  Anyway, I continue to be disappointed with Etsy communication and education of Sellers regarding running a shop on Etsy.  The only useful information is found in third-party YouTube videos and in the seller forums here.

0 Likes
LeatherByLencho
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I can’t get the explore video feature to work today. It won’t let me upload anything.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.