Etsy support found a technical issue in my shop and not fixing for two weeks.

Hi. Do you have any suggestion what can I do in my situation?  When sending and email Etsy  sending me confirm email regarding my issue. After that it's more then 2 weeks since no solution or any response from them. I'm very worrying that my shop experience a technical issue that was found by Etsy's customer support  agent. I'm  worrying because its busy holidays season and my shop is not working at all. I don't know how long it has to take to fix the issue but I m loosing my hope to get any solution at all. Any suggestions gladly appreciated.  

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
19 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Etsy support found a technical issue in my shop and not fixing for two weeks.

What is the issue?

2 Likes

Re: Etsy support found a technical issue in my shop and not fixing for two weeks.

Yes, what is the issue?  This smells a little phishy.  Are they asking for any financial info, bank account info?

Near as I can tell your shop is operating just fine.  I am able to cart your items.

4 Likes

Knowledgeable Etsy sellers may be able to help if you provide a bit more information.

Etsy certainly has their share of issues ... but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around one that is specific to a particular shop. It's a platform after all, that we access via the web.

Sometimes Etsy runs tests that impact shops in unexpected ways ... usually appearance or what information is displayed where.

And sometimes issues are related to a particular browser or operating system. As annoying as that is, you can rectify by trying different browsers, making sure your browser is up to date, switching to a PC if you're accessing from a phone, clearing cookies and cache, rebooting, etc.

When it's possible to help yourself, that is usually faster than Etsy support help.

Provide more info and other sellers will chime in with information and help.

0 Likes

and I think @PristinityJewelry may have hit the nail on the head ... if you're being contacted by Etsy regarding a technical issue in your shop ... that is a scam ... someone trying to get more info so that they can hack or steal or interfere in nasty ways.

2 Likes

...Etsy doesn't contact you about technical problems via messages. They just send emails or have big announcements on a Dashboard [shop manager page].

They DON'T ask about your email. They already know it.

If you have a technical issue, the seller is the one who contacts Etsy, not otherwise.

Etsy was announcing on the Message page that every message that actually comes from Etsy, is in the "From Etsy" section and NOWHERE ELSE. 

Just because something has an orange icon with "E" on it, and is called "Etsy staff" or whatever, doesn't mean it must be Etsy.

So... do you actually see any issue, or do "Etsy staff" say there's an issue and they need info from you?

2 Likes

Sounds like a scam to me.
Etsy would NEVER contact you about technical problems via messages.
BUT if they did, that message would be in the "FROM ETSY" section.
If it's not there then that message was NOT from Etsy.

Etsy has your email, they will NEVER need you to confirm it.

0 Likes
FancyTogs
Community Maker

That sounds like a scam message.

Did you click on any links in the emails or messages?, or were you told to download an app?

If you were asked to enter bank or card details then contact your bank as soon as possible to secure your account and card. Sellers have been losing their bank account contents to these scams.

Also do a virus & malware scan on the device you used.

Lawrence (Clare's other half)

0 Likes
FruteJuce
Conversation Maker

Well your shop is working, I can see everything you have for sale. But as others have said take precautions and change your passwords and get hold of your bank if you think you have been compromised. 

0 Likes

I myself contacted Etsy support through chat or email to get help with my shop. The agent in the chat reviewed my shop manager dashboard and found technical issue with social media traffic source. She said that someone from Etsy support  will get back to me but no one contacted me with a solution. My shop's dashboard doesn't work as it did after Holloween. I keep contacting Etsy support almost everyday  for the past two weeks and still no response. My shop is having technical issues and I don't know where to get help to fix that.  I'm losing my hope that my shop will ever get back to normal. 

0 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

@MiLaViKnits - don't keep contacting them every day. When you do that, it starts your request over each time. Hard to wait and be patient, but don't keep sending repeated emails. Have you tried getting a call back by clicking "still need help"...

0 Likes

This may be a dumb question but did you go through the Etsy site to contact Etsy? I’m sure you are smart enough to know better but so many go through the email they received from “Etsy” and get thoroughly scammed and lose money. 

1 Like

Ill try to explain what is happening in my Dashboard - Stats I see 6 visits. When I go to see what listing was viewed and the source of that traffic after I tried to promote on social media I  don't see the item or source of that. Usually,  short after promoting on social media I can see some visits on the promoted  item and the source of traffic like ( Pinterest, Twitter  or Facebook). This last 2 weeks it stop showing any views on the specific item or the traffic source.  Sorry if it sounds so confusing.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

@MiLaViKnits  Try extending the time frame to get a better picture.

2 Likes

When you open the social media tab on Stats, you are seeing the listing for the items you have posted under the various sources?

It is updated every three hours. Or at least that is what mine says so you may not see the ones just posted some time ago. 

Have you checked your social media to see if they are active?  No issues?

For one thing, if this is happening to only a few, Etsy will not quickly fix.  It is not high on their priority list.  Give them a few weeks and then take the reply email and send back to them.

The other think you might want to try is rebooting.  Cleaning out cache and cookies and making sure you have no extensions that might be blocking.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@MiLaViKnits  Hi, My Shop has been on Vacation since 1 week after Halloween (approx).  I just went to my Stats, Filtered for "Last 30 Days". When I scroll down the page, it shows thumbnails of my items, and breaks down No. of Visits & Favs (from the Highest to Lowest). *(Desktop computer).  
Can you try to filter for "Last 30 Days"?

0 Likes

@MiLaViKnits 

My dashboard and stats and anything else that indicates traffic rarely if ever match when looking at narrow timeframes. Etsy's tools are not real time. Monthly stats are a good approximation of what's happening in your shop and with specific listings.

0 Likes

Since this morning visits never changed (6 visits) even though I'm commenting here in the forum I'm sure it should increased by 3 pm. Views has increased but visits are not and not showing what item was viewed or how many times.

0 Likes

@MiLaViKnits   Views can be anything including BOTS.  Etsy removes all extraneous views.  Visits are the only true stat that shows your shop was visited.

If you really want minute to minute use Google analytics.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@MiLaViKnits   Are you getting sales to your shop from social media? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.