Etsy removed a private custom listing created from messages and now a link connector loop!

Etsy is automatically removing listings based on their "counterfeit" policy. One was a custom listing, created through the message system. No photo, no description nothing. They just removed it immediately, I lost a customer because of this! and now a hammered oval connector loop for jewelry making. I'm a supply store, I have no counterfeit items, or anything even resembling them. This AI system is out of control! 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Etsy removed a private custom listing created from messages and now a link connector loop!

@LylaSupplies   You are a Star Seller, so you should have the "Chat" option in your Shop Manager.  I would try that, to complain, and see what happened.  This is really astonishing, that a Custom listing created through messages could be removed before it was purchased, because they aren't published / visible yet.  It's possible some word triggered a bot - maybe even the name of the Buyer!  I've heard of that happening with Buyer names that happen to be the same as famous designers - example" Tiffany or Chanel.

I would also request Etsy contact the Buyer with an apology !

Come back if you find out what triggered the removal!

5 Likes

Re: Etsy removed a private custom listing created from messages and now a link connector loop!

Did Etsy remove the option to create private listings altogether?  I no longer see that option

0 Likes

No it's still there. I received the email claiming that it will be received within 2-5 days and of it's ok they'll relist if not permanently removed.

0 Likes

Sorry I meant reviewed not received.

0 Likes

I can create a private listing.

Could it be because of the new spam function? they see a link and remove it from chat

0 Likes

I feel like AI has been crawling our messages for some time now. I'm careful about avoiding negative words like "no" or "sorry". This takes it to a new level. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.