Etsy having trouble saving my changes

Jump to solution

I've spent ages changing a listing that has never sold, I added new images and a new video, changed the text, but when I try to publish changes a red box appears at the box and says that 'we're having trouble saving your changes, try again and to contact etsy support'

It's so frustrating.  I don't want to lose all the work and I feel that I've wasted so much time in making a video etc.

Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy having trouble saving my changes

Jump to solution

Update:  Having spoken to support I now discover that there is an issue with the new listing form, when I changed to the old version I could publish my changes.  If anyone is having issues it may be better if you changed to the older version and see if that works for you.

View solution in original post

6 Likes
9 Replies

Jump to solution

Update:  Having spoken to support I now discover that there is an issue with the new listing form, when I changed to the old version I could publish my changes.  If anyone is having issues it may be better if you changed to the older version and see if that works for you.

6 Likes
EdithAndEarl
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

New to this what is the old form?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@EdithAndEarl: When using a browser (not the app) you can toggle between the 'old' listing form and the 'new' listing form. There should be a blue banner at the top of the listing form when in edit mode with a button to switch to the other format.

0 Likes
FLORALOFFICAL
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

How do you go to old listing because I really wanna sell and I’m over here crying please help

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FLORALOFFICAL: "How do you go to old listing ..." When using a browser (not the app) you can toggle between the 'old' listing form and the 'new' listing form. There should be a blue banner at the top of the listing form when in edit mode with a button to switch to the other format.

0 Likes
ThePunjabiEdit
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

this worked! thanks for sharing as it helped me resolve my issue by switching to the old form and then back to the new one S. 

0 Likes
KNTDesignsUS
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

This worked for me as well!   It just didn't make sense to get this error on a handful of existing listings when making swaps of images.  It has been so frustrating.  Thank you, thank you, thank you! 

0 Likes
MaadWeb
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I've just been having this problem and the solution that worked for me involved the 'Alt descriptions' on my images. They were all within the 250 character limit but it wouldn't let me save.

I found Etsy uses symbol codes for certain characters, so every time an inverted comma/apostrophe is used it translates it to ' ' ', this was taking me above the 250 character limit and was causing an error. As soon as I reduced the number of characters it saved straightaway. 

I'm not sure if they do this for other characters but I'm guessing they do.

This might not be causing your particular issue, but it's something to be mindful of, and might help somebody who has been banging their head up the wall for the last few hours like I have.

Good luck!

1 Like
ACLohneWoodWorks
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I just had the same issue and the ability to switch to the old version does not seem to be available any longer. Turns out that the listing form does not like a "." in the item size form controls. I had 6.5 for length and switched it to just 6 and it then saved.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.