Etsy deactivated 2 (older) items, have no idea why and no response from Support!!!

Jump to solution

I have contacted them 4 times already asking why the items were deactivated (didn't use any brand name, material or terms I know are not allowed but I assume it keeps changing), I make all the jewelry myself and the items have been in my shop for several years. I have contacted them 4 times already, the case is closed almost immediately, and no one replies. How the heck am I supposed to fix it if I don't know what is wrong??? does anyone know who and how I should contact to get that fixed??? Thank you in advance for any help:)

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy deactivated 2 (older) items, have no idea why and no response from Support!!!

Jump to solution

Have you checked to see whether the images for those items had been stolen and used on any other sites? Do a reverse-image search.

Etsy will not specifically tell you, as that is considered business advice.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Etsy deactivated 2 (older) items, have no idea why and no response from Support!!!

Jump to solution

We also can't really help figure it out if we don't have any information on what was removed. But just on the fact that you are selling jewelry, my first guess is that it was something amber. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank for the advice, no Amber...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Have you checked to see whether the images for those items had been stolen and used on any other sites? Do a reverse-image search.

Etsy will not specifically tell you, as that is considered business advice.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

you were correct! I found those items on Aliexpress and other platforms. I have contacted the platforms demanding to remove the items. I have learnt a lot:) Thank you!

1 Like

Jump to solution

Never thought about that, I will try to follow that and see what I come up with.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just noticed that you have a pair of earrings titled "Seattle Seahawks Earrings", using the names of sports teams without proper licensing is considered IP infringement.  I would take any sports team references out immediately.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@KKbraceletsandmore Not only the Seahawks but also Miami Dolphins,  Green Bay Packers,  Denver Broncos, Cincinnati Bengals, NFL.

@TIMATIBO
One thing wrong with your shop is using sport team names to sell "your" items.
Unless you have licensing to use all those team names, those items are considered counterfeit and illegal to sell anywhere.

You're on Ety's radar now, so best to get RID of all these infringing items.
The next time, Etsy might shut you down for good and you'll never be able to open another shop..

You might want to read the info on the help pages:
https://www.etsy.com/legal/prohibited
Especially this part under #5:

Unauthorized replicas or copies of items, and patterns or designs enabling their creation, are prohibited on Etsy. We consider counterfeit or unauthorized goods to be items that imitate an authentic good, particularly by using a brand’s name, logo, or protected design without the brand owner’s consent. Additionally, we may consider up-cycled or re-purposed items, even if using authentic materials, to be counterfeit if they are making use of a brand's name, logo, or protected design without their permission. Examples of prohibited counterfeit or unauthorized goods include replica luxury and non-luxury items like bags and branded apparel.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-intellectual/22398703823

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Coral and tortoise shell are also taboo. ( just adding to the list)

General advice is to not open multiple tickets.

It does make you wonder ...?if a bot can pick up on  a transgression - can it not be programmed to insert the offence into a notification letter?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@Thedinkydoodlestudio   It doesn't insert because it is considered business advice.  Etsy has certain rules or maybe better to call it decisions about what they will or will not inform a seller of.

1 Like

Jump to solution

The deactivation emails do let the seller know the category of the offense.  Off the top of my head, I remember "not handmade," "counterfeit," "drug paraphernalia," "medical claims," and "illegal."  Often the category cited just has to do with whatever keyword phrase tripped the bot and doesn't have much to do with the actual item, but sometimes the category does apply.  The deactivation emails do tell the seller the category of violation.  It's buried in the third or fourth paragraph, so often a seller will miss the reason since it's piled among so much unhelpful Etsy-speak. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.