DecorFab
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy Support Chat Applet - Not Working

Has anyone else experienced an issue with Etsy's chat from the seller dashboard? I take it they have recently updated their live-chat system but my previous chat conversation is still active and nobody replies to any further messages after the initial conversation.

Any help on how to close the conversation/start a new conversation would be great. Thank you in advance.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
12 Replies

Re: Etsy Support Chat Applet - Not Working

It seems they are rolling out a new chat function. From all the threads in Forums about it, I assume it is not yet working fully or properly for everyone. Roll-outs are always gradual on Etsy. It would be impossible for an immediate roll-out to millions of sellers. Patience is probably the only solution.

Chat has never been available 24/7 either.

1 Like
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

its normal Etsy role out changes without them being tested. The forum is littered with many examples. Reminds me of Myspace lets hope it doesn't end the same way

1 Like

Sadly most things *new & improved* on etsy usually mean broken or full of bugs for a few weeks/months or longer. The new chat icon replaced the old one just a few days ago on my dashboard so I fully expect it to be glitchy or otherwise not working properly for a bit.

1 Like

This happened to me as well a couple of days ago when the chat was actually showing. Repeats over and over to put name, email and concern, over and over. Yesterday it was there and actually got a reply but it's not always there for whatever the reasoning is..

0 Likes

I used chat this morning and the agent abandoned the chat-now it's stuck in "active" mode and I cannot exit the chat.  Cannot get any further agent response and cannot end the chat.  And of course there is no way to receive help to resolve.

5 Likes
WEEKDROP
Inspiration Seeker

Same here! I found a way of contacting the financial team via phone to raise the issue with the chat support option... and they replied, except they don't seem to know there is an issue.

0 Likes

Still having this issue. Agent abandoned the chat and now I can't get anyone else to respond. 

1 Like

Same here

1 Like
SpiceLuxe
Inspiration Seeker

Same issue here. So frustrating since there is NOTHING you can do about it.

I have turned off my ad spend and have started promoting my listings elsewhere. 

1 Like

it turns out that I'm not the only one who feels it … I have several times reported my problem and etsy replied that there was no problem with my account and left the chat

1 Like

Betreff: Etsy Support Chat Applet - Not Working

Another month later - same problem still alive.

You can start a new chat by clearing your etsy "help" cache, but that is just the next road to nowhere... I stay mostly unheard, nobody is replying at all and if someone does it's only one time. No conversation is possible, no chat is closed ever by etsy itself. 

0 Likes
AmeriTreasures
Inspiration Seeker

I don't even see a Chat button on my Dashboard.  When I click on Chat in the Help Canter, the window opens but it constantly shows "Couldn't load messages / Tap to retry" which does nothing.  

So how does a new seller find any human support?

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.