Etsy, PLEASE fix this!

Many, many people have reported having issues uploading images via your app since it launched. 

When is this going to be fixed????

I DREAD trying to publish or edit listings. It takes so long (over an hour sometimes) with the frequent error messages 'couldn't upload photos, contact Etsy support' * eye roll * & often I have to email the photos to myself & log into the desktop site to get my photos up. To top it off, now I've lost an old image from the listing which I wanted to keep. It's still counted in the listing's photos, just INVISIBLE!??

It's honestly beyond a joke now. Even if you don't care that sellers (your customers!) are vocally & chronically frustrated & struggling to grow their shops, how is leaving this major SNAFU unaddressed beneficial to your profits? You care about those, surely? Streamline your listings process via the app (& address the truckload of other issues with it ideally) & I'll bet you'll see an uptick in listing fee revenue.

Seriously, how can you expect us to run our businesses like this??

I listed on ebay over the weekend & it was a dream compared to your, frankly appalling attempt.

And no, I don't need to clear my cache, cookies, uninstall/reinstall the app, do a shamanic dance or reformat my photos, just like everyone else who's STILL not got a solution for this.

Maybe whichever bright sparks decided to make images square could've spent that time more wisely.

I'm beyond frustrated. PLEASE fix this

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
10 Likes
12 Replies
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy, PLEASE fix this!

I don't use the App, but I'm sorry to say; I don't believe Etsy will change it.  I never understood why when something is released, it is not as good (or better), than that which was discontinued. It seems like such a waste. Etsy won't see this post though (in the hopes of making changes), although Forum Moderators do read posts.

0 Likes

I don't understand either. Innumerable issues with the new (but definitely not improved) app. Creating listings isn't my favourite aspect of work as it is but they're practically intolerable now. Love your spooky decor btw especially the happy ghosts!

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@HandmadeAt62  Thank You for your kind words:)

1 Like

This is Etsy's MO.    Roll out changes to something that was already working fine and break it to the point where it's either useless or too frustrating to use.    I no longer use the app for anything other than notifications.    And I dread the day the new listing page becomes mandatory on the desktop version.    I am not opposed to change but I need functionality and we've lost that with both of those "improved" applications.

And they STILL haven't fixed the damage they did to the custom order button.    I'm just going to continue to put that out there until I can no longer type or they revert to the version that actually worked.    It'll probably be the former before the latter....

6 Likes

Functionality, exactly! If current day Etsy was a product I'd bought, it'd be returned as faulty!

What do you mean by custom order button? As in creating a private listing for buyer? (which I can't upload pics to either) Or the 'request custom order'? (I thought that disappeared years ago?)

0 Likes

@HandmadeAt62 

The option to create a custom order directly from a message - it was great when it worked and now that they've "improved" it, it opens sellers up to a case.   The "stats" don't stay so a buyer could very easily claim item not as described even if the seller lists the correct parameters.   You can go in and manually revise the listing after the fact but the buyer gets notifications every time that happens and in my opinion, it looks unprofessional or even worse like you're trying to sneak something through.   

1 Like
Chrysalism
Conversation Maker

Every time I try to edit a listing on my laptop it throws a 400 Bad Request error and I have to clear my cache/cookies and reload. For weeks now. So it's not just the app unfortunately.

1 Like

Sorry, that reply was @moonbeamgifts 

0 Likes

@moonbeamgifts Ahh I see! I don't use that because I can't upload photos there at all, wheras the main listing publisher at least works intermittently. What a joke though! I'll be aware of your warning in future, thanks! (& sorry btw, I didn't see any notifications that you'd replied)  

0 Likes

I left a detailed review for the developers in the App Store. One star.

3 Likes
VibeEnvy
Conversation Maker

I have no interest in making my experience on Etsy any worse than it is so I have only ever used desktop version because it has a lot less problems.

The fact that nothing on Etsy is ever actually about improving the experience or benefits to sellers, things hardly ever seem to have the full effort or making them fully work and using our efforts for Etsy gain, it just always seemed like they just want a popular app in app stores for free promotion/brand recognition.

0 Likes

I upload at least a couple hundred pictures a month (at least 10 new listings per week, 8 pics or so per listing) and it works fine for me. A couple times a month get the error message you mentioned (couldn't upload photos) but when I come back after a few minutes it works, I haven't had to contact Etsy support. I have heard other sellers say that they have issues with it though. 

When we went to the current app from the old one, it took some getting used to. The upload is slower than eBay app, and one thing I liked about the old Etsy app was that you could type information in the listing while the pictures uploaded in the background, you can't do that on the new one. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.