ETSY SUPENDED MY ACCOUNT.......All my information is correct , IE ssn, my name, address. Busness name. bank accounts and they have never changed in 43 years but Etsy is telling me I have a invalid SSN. I was even on line with SS thinking that my number was stolen but that is not the case!!!!. I need my sales to support myself and ETSY freezes my account? Where did all my listing go almost 1200 of them. I still have 4 orders to ship and I can't use my funds to ship them. You cant get a hold of anyone. This is rediculous. When I scroll down it states I am verified. So which is it. I now have to wait 48 Hours for them the validate me. Mean while I need to pay my bills. I can see them holding the amount for the orders I haven't shipped but NOT ALL MY FUNDS.

Re: ETSY SUSPENDED MY ACCOUNT

Jump to solution

Mary A Bell

DBA O'Sew Pretty

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

TRhere is nothing in my shop . All my listings are gone/. I was asked to verify my account and i did ...same as the last time. But it kept telling my SS was invalid. Everything is up to date and nothing has change since I have been in business

0 Likes

Jump to solution

it may not have changed,

but rules change all the time, especially the "matching" ones,

do they all match, exactly

1 Like

Jump to solution

I cant get in there to find out

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@osewpretty   It is possible hackers have tried to take your shop.

It does not have the normal banner Etsy places on a shop so it can't be verifying the information for the Informa Act which is required for US sellers over a certain amount,

I would suggest you look into have malware on your computer.  It's likely not Etsy but someone trying to hack your shop.

Have you changed your password?   Do you use 2fa? 

Contact us under Help and send an email to Etsy.  But I would also check bank account and credit card as well as running anti-virus. 

Do you have an LLC?  Are you registered as such?  Does everything much such as legal name across the board.  DBA is not important unless registered in your state as an LLC.

Still the banners for Etsy is missing so I think something else may be going on. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

They did

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I recently opened another shop and Etsy wouldn't take my name the way it is on my social security card.  They wanted a photo ID which I sent them and they ok'd it within a day's time.   My middle initial is on my social security card and my entire name is on my driver's license which they accepted.  I find it strange that your shop is showing no items listed at this time.  

Hopefully they can get you up and running soon.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you, I did send in my license and im still waiting. 

Your taxpayer identification is used when reporting to the IRS or your local taxing authority, and is required for certain sellers. Note that by entering your business name and identification number here, you are certifying under penalties of perjury that the number shown is your correct taxpayer identification number.

[REMOVED]

We’re verifying your new name

We’ll need to confirm that the info you shared with Etsy matches what’s on the legal documents you submitted (usually within 48 hours). You can check your verification status here. Keep in mind, your shop will stay open but you won’t be able to receive funds from your sales until we verify your taxpayer info.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I sent in my Drivers licence and I havent heard back yet. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Im back up and running. All my listing are now activated and my funds are available again.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks, but Its not a hacker. Its at Etsy end. I scan my computer daily and just did  now. My bank accounts are fine.

1 Like
TheLuminousBeads
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

How was yours get resolved? im new to Etsy and I have the same problem, they can't verify my SSN. I did everything name, and SSN# all matched with my SSN card but it failed according to their system.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

We have experienced the very same thing. On Thursday, we received the same email many received saying we needed to verify our ID once again. We are an LLC with Sub Chapter S status. I sent them my driver's license, letter from the IRS with our EIN, State registration number and even the first page of our corporate tax return. Immediately, we were put into vacation mode. All of our listings disappeared as well. We were finally taken out of vacation mode about 24 hours later, however, the "lights" have definitely been "off" ever since. We are closer than ever to putting Etsy behind us. It's so very frustrating to deal with one thing after another with this place!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Im back as of 1 hour ago. I sent them every thing I could. took exactally 23 hours of down time. I was panicking for sure. I going to have a back uopp plan again just in case.

1 Like
GrandGear
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, I just checked your shop and it is open and running again. I am happy it has been sorted out for you. I hope all is good for you now. 

1 Like
Jewelrybyindiana
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

My account suspended due to Payoneer but I add my Payoneer still my Shop suspended please help me

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Jewelrybyindiana 

You have to contact payoneer, not etsy

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I had to send in pictures of social,drivers license and tax info

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.