Disabled Messages, 100% Rating Dropped and Loss of Customers!

Jump to solution

Etsy has disabled my messages for no reason!!!! This issue has been going on for over a week as I started my new shop and work with custom order's and respond asap to provide the best quality customer service and they have suspended my messaging and I cannot talk to any of my customers to show them a proof for custom orders. This has brought my first message response from 100% to below 80% please help me as I have customers who need a response with their order in order to complete it.

Made Four appeal's now in a week's time and not one has been responded too.

Currently have 8 message's that customers are wondering what is going on with their order and I cannot do anything to help them... never received anything from Etsy when my messages went down.

Message I receive: Bummer, your messages have been temporarily disabled. Please contact support to have them reactivated. Also, see the FAQ and Community Guidelines for more info about Messages.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disabled Messages, 100% Rating Dropped and Loss of Customers!

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Over two weeks and finally got my messages resolved, thank you to everybody that helped give me tips & tricks on the situation, really means a lot!  

Thank you, Etsy Community!

View solution in original post

1 Like
34 Replies
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Etsy thinks you are spamming your customers.  Etsy won't lift your message ban until the time limit has gone by.

You can try emailing them instead, but I suggest you find a way to minimize messages.  You can do this by using variations, or the personalization box, to get information from your buyers before checkout, so there is less reason to contact them.  

Good luck!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, in my case I have it as simple as possible already they upload their image and send it via etsy chat, and I send a mock-up.  The only thing I can think of is just using an email that they send everything too.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Email them instead.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

What is the email for etsy?

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@HandmadeCornhole email your customers.  

2 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Your customer's email address is on the order page, to the right of their name, click on the little arrow. 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Email them..won't help your SS rate but at least will help your customers. For some reason the (I am assuming bot) thought you were spamming. If you were contacting people who faved you that would do it. If you were just conversing with customers who asked a question, that should not. If I have something to tell a customer after they purchased I try to use the contact link in the order, not the message page. Also I email them as not all check their etsy messages or have them set to trash at their email address.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you, will email all of the order's that came but unfortunately, I also have 4 message's that are looking to place an order and asking if I can do a certain design and I cannot respond.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I suggest you switch right over to emails.

Hate to say it, I like keeping my Etsy customers all on Etsy and my outside customers from my site separate.  But that's no longer possible for me here.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Lots of shops are doing custom work and are exchanging lots of messages every day with various customers, so blocking you is weird.

Just in case, never ever send messages to folks that are not openly saying they are interested. For example: "Thanks for favoriting my items". It's against the rules, customers hate it and report the spam (basically it's the opposite of what people are trying to achieve, rarely anybody wants to buy from spammer sellers), which may cause you to be shut down.

Also, quoting "f you have been sending lots of similar messages then Etsy can restrict your messaging privileges as they think you are spamming."

Google "why etsy disabled messages" will give you several threads in this matter, maybe some will give you good advices.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you, I only message customer's that message me and respond just with the need's and nothing else so I still wouldn't know why Etsy would disable my messages as all conversations are different.  It may be because I have had so many messages as a new seller of only less than a month and have had over 30 messages.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Try this link for help from Etsy:

Submit a request – Etsy Help

If you get a canned reply keep clicking on "I still need help" until you get someone. If you put in more requests, they think the first ones are answered so keep using the same one. They should be able to see that your messages weren't spam and were from customers or prospective customers. Sorry this has happened to you. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Thank you, I opened a request over a week ago and still no response have 3 cases open and none of them have had one response attached to them.  Never even got an email saying that my messages were disabled as well.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

UPDATE:

NOW IT HAS BEEN OVER TWO WEEK'S AND IM STILL MUTED!

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@HandmadeCornhole  We are only other sellers here in the forums. You need to contact Etsy for a resolution.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have I opened over 5 cases and not one response has been looked at from Etsy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Stop opening new requests with Etsy and continue to pursue the original one.     Every time you open a new one, you essentially go to the back of the line.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Please help me, I have now received a 3-star review and have about 5 order's that I cannot contact the customer to confirm everything!

I have opened cases with Etsy and there is no responses.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@HandmadeCornhole 

"and have about 5 order's that I cannot contact the customer to confirm everything!"

You can...just email them until your etsy messages are unmuted. Their email is on the order. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Go to the first of your cases with Etsy and update it.

Say " I STILL NEED HELP".  Stick to the original message instead of opening multiple threads on the same topic.

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You were told to email them a week ago. Are you seriously saying you left them hanging instead?

Their email is on their orders if that is the problem. Take charge and email them. Explain what Etsy is doing. Immediately.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Just a pet peeve of mine, but is it possible to flip the American flag? It’s showing the blue field on the upper right instead of the upper left and it should not be flown that way. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, that is my apologize!  Thank you for pointing that out I'll get that changed, just been working on so many designs some time's I go really quick and slip up.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I’m a retired Army wife so it just bugs me when the flag is shown wrong. I have seen it more the way yours is than I have the correct way. 

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.