VoodooRubyArt
Inspiration Seeker

Digital Delivery Glitch and Star Seller

I’m currently experiencing issues when I am listing my digital items as made to order. When I initially started offering these listings, after a customer purchased one, it would go to my open orders queue. I would then upload their order, and it would send it to them and notify them as well. I would also notify them via message. Now, when I allow customers to purchase these listings (set up the same way, I have triple checked and Etsy has as well), they go straight to completed. This automatically notifies the customer and gives me no option to upload their purchases. Etsy help said they were going to submit it to their engineering department, but I’m not sure when it will be resolved as that was November 20th. This has caused a lot of confusion with customers. Also, I tried to offer a private listing to a customer hoping I would be able to offer digital files that way. She purchased the listing and there wasn’t a digital option. Instead, it wanted shipping information. I sent the download to her via email, and all was well with her. When I realized the issue it was causing, I canceled the order to fix my Star Seller stats, it still took away my Star Seller badge, which I have had several consecutive months in a row, stating I was missing shipping info for one order. I have contacted Etsy three times. The first person said no worries, she was happy to inform me that it wouldn’t impact my star seller score, and congratulations. The second person told me to give it a longer amount of time and to come to this forum. And the last person said they would try to get more information, and never replied to chat. I’m not sure if this is coincidental or not, but my sales have fallen since December 1st. It’s not ideal since this is the last busiest month before things slow down. This is very frustrating and confusing as no one can offer advice or a straightforward answer. Meanwhile, I feel like my shop is suffering. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Replies

Re: Digital Delivery Glitch and Star Seller

@VoodooRubyArt: "I canceled the order to fix my Star Seller stats ..." If you cancelled after the scheduled ship by date it was still late.

"I tried to offer a private listing to a customer" Have you seen https://community.etsy.com/t5/Announcements/We-ve-improved-our-made-to-order-digital-listing-experie...

0 Likes
VoodooRubyArt
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Digital Delivery Glitch and Star Seller

Yes, I was listing as made to order and it was working great. Now it is no longer working correctly on my end. 

Also, I don’t ship physical products. I marked it as completed, but it docked me because there was no tracking information entered. There was no tracking information to enter as it was sent digitally via email. If I had known this beforehand, I wouldn’t have went that route. It still doesn’t help that I was told this wouldn’t impact my star seller status, yet it has still been removed for the month of December. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.