Different images showing up in search

I've noticed on most of my listings Etsy seems to have selected a new primary image to show up as the search thumbnails. Is there any way to turn this off? I pick primary images for a reason, the others showing measuring tapes etc are just so an interested customer can view them better 🤦‍

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Different images showing up in search

@CaledonianForge  - There was another thread earlier this week on the same issue. It had an odd title. Like so many things Etsy, it appears to be a test since some people do still see the intended primary photo, others were seeing what appeared to be randomly selected listing photos. 

What the purpose of this test is remains to be seen. Myself, I can't think up a good one.

3 Likes

1 Like

Wow. I too select my primary image for a reason. Othe images might be a close-up or the back of an item or a stock image with measurements or usage examples. I can't imagine why Etsy would override the primary image. 

3 Likes

@CaledonianForge This might be completely off base but did you notice the wrong image when the search results page first appeared, or when you hovered over the thumbnail of your item?
The reason I ask is because I am currently in an experiment where Etsy runs a slideshow through all the listing photos when I hover over a thumbnail in search. I am seeing this for all listings that do not have a video, except for the top row on page one of the search results. I only see it in Firefox.

0 Likes

I searched a category that I am heavily featured in and every single item had another photo. 

Many of them just next to a measuring tape to show size. This new idea is ridiculous. 

4 Likes
FernHouseStudio
Inspiration Seeker

I am have noticed the same thing and I am a little ticked off about it. Like you, I choose my primary photos for a reason and they work well. I noticed when I delete the image they are showing, it goes back to showing my primary photo. However, I don't want to delete the other photos if they show up, I have them there for a reason. Is there any way to complain to Etsy about this?

0 Likes

I complained to the help chat and was told it was a glitch. Doesn't seem to be happening when I search anymore. 

0 Likes
FernHouseStudio
Inspiration Seeker

I chatted with someone on help with this. They said it was probably a glitch related to my browser. I noticed it was happening on my desktop computer but not my phone when I searched. Seems like a serious glitch though because a lot of folks noticed it.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.