Have manually fixed it now 3X still pops up with enter valid postal code. Anyone else in this boat?

Betreff: Delivery Profiles all altered and missing postal codes

Hier in Deutschland ist tritt der Fehler auch auf. Die Postleitzahlen lassen sich nicht speichern.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

@Alleswirdweiss   Ich hab zuerst das Versandprofil geändert, also die Nummer dort eingetragen, die ist selbstspeichernd, und dann konnte ich den Artikel speichern.

0 Likes

Re: Delivery Profiles all altered and missing postal codes

It seems I won't be listing any new items today! 

You never get a day here where all the "tools" are working as they should. 

3 Likes

Hi Rosie

Hope all is well with you.  I purposely didn't put all the information on my shipping profiles because I didn't want Etsy to enter incorrect estimated delivery times.  Now it seems as if they have forced our hands by preventing us from listing/renewing unless we complete all of the required information.  I wonder to what end this will be, as there has to be a reason for it, which will be to Etsy's advantage no doubt.

1 Like

@BoudoirPrive 

Hi Pearl, yes I'm fine thanks, and you too I hope.

That's exactly why I didn't fill in the minutiae as well, talk about micro managing. 

3 Likes

@CuriosAnCollectibles @BoudoirPrive 
Same here. I never entered the mail class in my shipping profiles for that reason. Now that I have been forced to, I see that Etsy are using their local date instead of mine. Here on the east coast of Australia we are 15 hours ahead of Etsy US east coast.
Local time is 1pm on April 2. But Etsy are showing Order placed Apr 1 with associated ships & delivered dates.
Oh, crikey!

0 Likes

@BoudoirPrive @CuriosAnCollectibles  they are doing this to better predict delivery times for customers, which apparently are a big concern. US sellers have already had to do it for almost a year. 

US sellers got a warning of the deadline, though, unlike us. 

1 Like

@cindylouwho2

Thanks for the explanation.  I'd still rather put my own ETAs in, as up until now, Etsy's have been wildly inaccurate.

1 Like

@BoudoirPrive  be aware of what is happening in the US: Etsy is recalculating the times if they feel they have enough data on transit between the two locations. That means some buyers are seeing that their items might arrive late even when they are in transit and scanning normally. 

We can't win this one, because Etsy will show what they feel like showing. 

0 Likes

The same issue here, I enter my postal code (which is valid) and it keeps saying - enter a valid postal code...

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Same here and I'm in the UK

0 Likes

I am in US and don't have any shipping profiles at all? Just e-mailed Etsy. Will let you know if there is a solution.

0 Likes

I'm in Australia, just had to add my postcode (never had to before) to all my profiles. Etsy are currently working on 'streamlining' the shipping section of the site, wanting items to be more clear about estimated delivery dates. Which no doubt they will do with stunning accuracy and smooth, faultless operation.............................. 

7 Likes
Octopunx
Community Maker

Thanks for the lol!

1 Like
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

@BriarMoonBeads - How did you know you had to add it?

I'm in Australia and just had a look at my delivery profiles and none are asking for a postcode.

I use some with delivery service set to "Other", some as "Australia Post", but all seem to be okay and not asking for more info..?

1 Like

@givemeacrown 
Hi! Try editing a listing that is attached to a shipping profile. You should get the error when you try to publish.

In order to publish the listing I had to edit the shipping profile & enter my postcode, plus I had to select a Shipping service for all my fixed rates that have Australia Post selected - even for domestic. Otherwise I could not save the shipping profile or proceed.

1 Like
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

@DaysofYoreTreasures - Hello : ) and thanks! 

I've just tried editing two listings with shipping profiles attached, one with an "Other" shipping service and one with "Australia Post", and neither showed any prompts or issues.

Maybe the rollout is going alphabetical and they haven't reached me yet. I'll check again later in the day.

1 Like

@givemeacrown @DaysofYoreTreasures yep that's how I found out, editing a listing. All my profiles are set for Australia Post. I have my locale set to Melbourne (actually in South Gippsland) so maybe they're doing the cities first then rolling out to non-metro areas..?

@OctopunxLOL you're welcome!

1 Like

That's why I purposely left certain information out of my shipping profiles to prevent Etsy from adding inaccurate estimated delivery times, especially internationally.

2 Likes
MaressiSchmuck
Inspiration Seeker

Ich wollte zu bestehenden Angeboten die Stückzahl ändern und plötzlich wird nach der Postleitzahl gefragt. Nach Eingabe der PLZ wird diese aber nicht gespeichert. Das heißt, ich kann mein bestehendes Angebot nicht bearbeiten. Des weiteren werden Bestellungen von gestern heute noch als Neubestellungen angezeigt und das obwohl ich diese als versendet geschlossen habe. Sind das etwa die neu angekündigten Features, für die wir nun mehr Gebühren bezahlen müssen?

1 Like

Marking - I am afraid to even check mine. 

I don't suppose anyone can get the live chat option? 

0 Likes

I'm having the same issue today (in the UK - Wednesday 30th March). It appears to want to force me to put in estimated delivery times for all of my destinations in all shipping profiles. Is this a change that is staying? I will wait a day or so before I go and add (unrealistic) timescales to all my delivery profiles! 

0 Likes

@Chanchala  It's likely a change that is staying, since they already force Americans to do it. However, they gave Americans the courtesy of a warning with actual deadline dates, whereas non-US sellers just get a surprise, with buggy rollouts. Wouldn't it be nice if non-US sellers got the same consideration as US sellers? 

If you want to edit something today before you have taken the time to make these impossible estimates, you can probably use another browser or device, since it hasn't rolled out everywhere yet. 

8 Likes

I've tried logging into different devices and different web browsers, from Tablet to Computer, from Firefox to Chrome.

The only one that was successful, where I could edit the description of a listing without having to change anything with Shipping Profiles... was the Sell on Etsy App. I also copied a listing and saved it as a new draft. I don't like using the tablet to create new drafts, or add photos, but it's do-able.

Maybe those sellers who use Macs will have different results, I also did not try IE or any other browsers, since I don't have them on any of my devices. 

2 Likes

@Chanchala 

Yes, I think that's the idea and I'm sure it will be permanent, even if unpopular with the sellers. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.