ToyMagic
Inspiration Seeker

Deactivated listing

Good afternoon,

One of my listings is deactivated. This is a crochet pattern PDF document.

Elephant Crochet Pattern Amigurumi Stuffed toy PDF file by ToyMagic.

The listing has been on sale for more than 2 years. I know for sure that this was my idea.

I did not receive any email or spam. I wrote to support, but there was no answer.

Can someone explain why the listing was deactivated? How can I get support?...Thank you.

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
9 Replies

Re: Deactivated listing

You can contact Etsy via the menu options on your shop manager pages. Only Etsy can tell you exactly why they deactivated it. Check your spam folder for a message. Sometimes they go there.

Did you use any forbidden words ... ivory, amber. Perhaps because it was listed as a 'toy'? Or someone stole your photos. 

1 Like
ToyMagic
Inspiration Seeker

There is nothing in spam. thanks for the moral support. I will be strong

0 Likes

@ToyMagic  - Etsy uses bots to deactivate listings. As weird as this sounds, since bots cannot take words into context, it may have decided that you were selling a real live elephant.

I don't know how long ago you contacted Etsy about the deactivation but their reply can take some time. You can always go back to that help ticket you originally sent & send a follow up of sorts inquiring about an update. But first & foremost patience is required while awaiting a reply.

2 Likes
ToyMagic
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you. There were no tusks or ivory. Only "African elephant" is written. Perhaps you didn't like it?! I will of course wait. I just encountered this for the first time and I don’t know how to behave

0 Likes

Yes, it's quite possibly the word "elephant". Though how else you could describe it is a mystery.

Hopefully Etsy will review the listing & reactivate it soon. Do keep in mind that you could possibly see the same thing happen in the future. While a bot's decision can be corrected, it seems there is nothing attached to the listing's "data" that tells the bot the listing is okay.

0 Likes

I've had to wait up to four months for a re-activation, so it can take awhile, but Etsy does seem to eventually get around to it.

Your item might have been auto-deactivated if you mentioned ivory or elephant tusks or even if the AI spotted tusks in your photo. 

1 Like
ToyMagic
Inspiration Seeker

4 months! It is too long. It's been a week since my listing was deactivated.

0 Likes

The Mary Poppins pattern could cause a problem also. You might want to take that down before Disney does. 

2 Likes
ToyMagic
Inspiration Seeker

Yes, I didn't think about Disney. Thank you.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.