Deactivated active listings

Hello,I went on my shop a little over a week ago and all my active listings say deactivated by etsy in red on them.I can't do anything with them and haven't done anything wrong that I'm aware of??!!Tried to get ahold of etsy and I'm just told you wait for an email.Still havent got it and in the meantime.... no sales.Shop is fine but customers can't see any of my listings.I can add new listings and these are fine but everything else is not visible.Has anyone else had these issue?If so how long did you have to wait before you got help?Or do you know what I did wrong or how to fix it?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
38 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Deactivated active listings

Probably a tag on the listing like amber.

0 Likes

What do you mean by Amber?What is that

0 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

Check your spam in your emails. I've had a few amber items deactivated and have received emails. 

Were you, by any chance, using images (or your version) or names of popular figures like Mickey Mouse, Hello Kitty, etc.?

0 Likes

no not at all.There just glittered birthday decor.

0 Likes

Where they the "Mickey Mouse" Letters?

Or "Blippi"?  Or "Trolls"?  Or "Ninja Turtles" and "Wonderwoman", like you have shown in your About section photos?

If you were using famous brand names to sell your unofficial items, Etsy would consider them illegal counterfeits and remove them.  Or, any of the actual owners of the famous brands could have reported you to Etsy for removal.

https://www.etsy.com/ca/legal/prohibited/#Q5

"Unauthorised replicas or copies of items are prohibited on Etsy. We consider counterfeit or unauthorised goods to be items that imitate an authentic good, particularly by using a brand’s name, logo, or protected design without the brand owner’s consent. "

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-intellectual/22398703823

https://www.etsy.com/ca/seller-handbook/article/fan-art-and-fair-use-one-truth-and-five/39402098770

5 Likes

No those were only in the about section,I didnt sell or label anything in my shop.It was all glittered birthday decor and lots of digital planner sheets,etc.

0 Likes

Did any of the deactivated Listings have anything to do with "Disney" or "Mickey"? The Mouse likes to tidy house regularly.

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

You have 184 active listings. Are there more that were deactivated?

0 Likes

@Amaradorn There are, indeed, 184 shown on the left hand menu but, if you look closely, only the most recently added 10 are visible and available for sale in the Shop.

It looks like there is either 1) a huge "glitch" with the Shop Listing Pages display or 2) Etsy has removed 174 Listings but the process is not complete / correctly actioned as some of these are still showing in Reviews when, normally, there would be a "No Longer Available" notation.

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@CarpetCollectionAU oh er! yes that looks like a glitch. I didn't notice all the other pages were blank.

1 Like

no that sounds about right.It says i have them there just not showing up

0 Likes

I can put up new listings and they seem fine but all my other listings were just not showing up.The listings you see have been put up since this happened.Iv tried chat but they just tell me to wait for an email.

0 Likes
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

@HomeofManyBlessings   Do you see the listings in your shop? If so, deactivate, wait a minute, then reactivate again. This has helped others when this glitch happens

1 Like

Ok, Maybe that might help

0 Likes

I can only see them in my listings were I actually can edit them.And on them they say deactivated by etsy.There digitals and confetti and other glittered birthday decor?I came back from vacation and they were all gone.What you see know are new listings that i have put up since this has happened.I can go into them and edit them but all i can do is save them.I cant reactivate them

0 Likes

I also am having big stress trouble with ETSY deactivating my listings. I do not understand WHY I can buy content but can't add it to my existing content of the same material to resell SAME ITEMS!!?? I feel like my shop is being targeted and as soon as I start to gain momentum they deactivate my best posts. Does anyone know how to contact Customer Service and have a person respond back instead of automated messages? I haven't done anything wrong. Even had content that was created be taken down. It's really starting to upset me over multiple posts. Can anyone point me in the direction so I can have a positive resolution for this situation??

0 Likes

@CommonScentsbyBrandi  Is it the Ebooks that are causing you problems?   If you're not the author or publisher of those books, what you're doing is actually considered infringing. 

3 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

If someone sells you infringing content and you use it in your items, then you both are infringing. If your items have been removed from your sold listings and deactivated from current listings, then it's likely that the IP holder has contacted Etsy and had them removed.

I would assume you won't get any joy from Customer Service even if you can contact them. The best resolution for you is to remove any remaining infringing listings before Etsy decides to close your shop.

4 Likes

@CommonScentsbyBrandi 

Display your licensing for:

- Kansas City Chiefs

- Yellowstone

- All of the beer companies names / labels

If you have no licensing to use these famous names, REMOVE the listings entirely before you get caught and sued.

It looks like you've had a huge amount of items removed already, judging by the amount of missing items in your feedback. This could be your final opportunity before Etsy closes you for good.

9 Likes

@CommonScentsbyBrandi  :  Without getting into a discussion of what is fair or right or if your listing should be deactivated, the fact that you have been selling something for years only means that the bots have been updated. If there are other shops selling similar items it only means that they have not been caught yet. The bots seem to check when a listing is created, renewed and / or edited.

1 Like

Ok, I get the licensed products etc. But what I don't understand is if I can buy content to use for my projects and sell my projects to my customers, Then shouldn't have a a license for everything I have BOUGHT from other people??? But furthermore how can we make any products if we can't use what we bought to make the projects?? I am a single mom. I was at one point very excited over this ETSY program to make extra money for myself to provide for my kids and grandkids. But recently I found myself more and more frustrated with this whole ETSY situation. I want to be financially free like I see so many other people providing for the families. But taking 1 step forward and getting knocked back 10 is very discouraging. I even purchased thousands of EBOOKS with all the resell rights to have a different product for what they keep deactivating. What should I do? Should I just give up? Or should I continue this uphill battle of my shop being constantly attacked. ETSY has even deactivated products that was created by individuals like me that wasn't created with the copyright. 

I am just really confused about all this why some people can buy and sell and I can buy all day long but I can't sell my creations that I have Bought..... 

I have even became an aff. marketer through Amazon promoting companies products. More coals in the fire. Not relying on just ETSY to give me the financial freedom I desperately need for my family. I would love to figure out how to have much success like other ETSY sellers. It's a brand new year, and I appreciate any and all feedback to help me grow. Thank you everyone who has taken the time to read this and offer help and suggestions. God Bless you all for a blessed and prosperous year to come!

0 Likes

Yea, It's only the YellowStone I have created or purchased from other ETSY sellers. But if I have purchased these yellowstone images then shouldn't there have been reseller rights included?? 

All the EBOOKS I have the selling rights for all the EBOOKS. It's attached to all the PDF files that they are located in. 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@CommonScentsbyBrandi you really should have started your own thread because the replies to you are now getting mixed up with replies for @HomeofManyBlessings (or are you the same seller with 2 shops?).

You keep mentioning 'reselling' so I'm wondering if that's the problem. Handmade items must be made by you. You can't buy content from someone else and then resell it on Etsy. I would suggest you read the Seller Policies.

4 Likes
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

@CommonScentsbyBrandi  If the seller you purchased from doesn't own the IP, they cannot possibly confer ownership to you when you buy it. Only the legal IP owner can do that.

If Etsy has removed your listings, that means the actual true IP owner filed a takedown notice. It's really that simple.

6 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.