Days old messages mysteriously appearing.

I thought I was imagining things at first, but now I know for sure this is happening.

Yesterday I checked to see if I have received any messages. Nope, no message notifications... no new messages. I checked my messages again this morning and I found 1 new notification, opened it, and saw a 3 day old message in my inbox. This has happened 3 or 4 times now. Not only am I not receiving notifications for some messages, but I'm not even receiving the message into my inbox until days after they were sent. I pride myself on having a good response rate & this issue (whatever's causing it) is really not helping with that. It also knocks off my star seller status. 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Days old messages mysteriously appearing.

@DigiTreats: Are you experiencing this using an Etsy app (on which operating system) or via mobile browser or desktop browser (which browser and operating system)? It makes a difference as to possible causes and potential solutions, otherwise we have to guess.

0 Likes

I'm not receiving anything at all via the app, so I check everything online via desktop Chrome, windows 10. 

0 Likes
UppNorthEh
Community Maker

I had one a few weeks ago.  In the morning I checked my phone.  Thought it said message 2 hours ago.  Got to the computer and it was 22! hours ago.  There was no way I wouldn't have seen that the whole day before.

0 Likes

Try cleaning out cache and cookies so a new cookie is placed.  That may help.

I've not experienced but I believe what you are saying.  It might be your ISP provider.  Is there system large enough to handle an influx or affected by anything such as storms? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.