Context of Shop Policy

Jump to solution

I am not able to access my shop policy context.  I need to change some info in it, but I can only change 'RETRUN AND EXCHANGE.'  Is there anyone who is having the same problem? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Context of Shop Policy

Jump to solution

If you look at any Listing in Shop Manager view and scroll down to Shipping, you will see "Returns and exchanges". It is here you can set a "Return" or "No Return" Policy for individual Items

It is all explained in the Help Center

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015775908-How-to-Update-and-Verify-Your-Bank-Account-for-...

"Beginning September 22nd, you can now apply different return policies to each of your physical listings. This lets you clearly indicate to buyers which items from your shop, if any, can be returned, and gives you more flexibility over your business. 

If you have an existing shop-level return policy, we took the current policy you had set for your shop and applied it to your individual listings. Please go to your Policy settings to review and either accept or edit them so you can update to the new listing-specific policies by October 31st.

After October 31st, we will publish your draft policies if you have not done so already, and buyers will only see listing-specific return and exchange policies. You can continue to edit your policies as often as you like after this period.

For more information about converting your existing shop policy into listing specific policies, check out our site update."

View solution in original post

1 Like
18 Replies
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It’s Etsy’s new approach to standardizing all sellers’ policies. I, too, have lost all my specific policies, as well as everyone else who had written policies.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Does it mean that my customers cannot see any of the context? I can still see it though.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

no. your customers cannot see it, it says see listings,

and your listings say returns not accepted

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you look at any Listing in Shop Manager view and scroll down to Shipping, you will see "Returns and exchanges". It is here you can set a "Return" or "No Return" Policy for individual Items

It is all explained in the Help Center

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015775908-How-to-Update-and-Verify-Your-Bank-Account-for-...

"Beginning September 22nd, you can now apply different return policies to each of your physical listings. This lets you clearly indicate to buyers which items from your shop, if any, can be returned, and gives you more flexibility over your business. 

If you have an existing shop-level return policy, we took the current policy you had set for your shop and applied it to your individual listings. Please go to your Policy settings to review and either accept or edit them so you can update to the new listing-specific policies by October 31st.

After October 31st, we will publish your draft policies if you have not done so already, and buyers will only see listing-specific return and exchange policies. You can continue to edit your policies as often as you like after this period.

For more information about converting your existing shop policy into listing specific policies, check out our site update."

1 Like

Jump to solution

How do I publish my new policies ahead of October 31st?

I'm still seeing my old ones and want only the new ones to show up.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I went ahead and made the change.  I believe there is a link in the notice about doing so.

Go into edit on your shop home page in the policies area.  It should take you to the shop policy area under settings in the shop manager.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thank you, but I still cannot do it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Me neither, I don't understand how I am able to "publish" them now

0 Likes

Jump to solution

AND that link in the pink box above goes to "How to Verify Your Bank Account"... has nothing to do with how to do the return policies.

0 Likes
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I'm trying to update my DELIVERY section of my polocies. I can't edit it, it keeps taking me to the new Etsy Shop Policies page which only has Returns & Exchanges, Cancellations, Privacy and Fixed Policies which aren't editable.

Since COVID I have been doing a monthly update to the Delivery section to highlight any delays or issues-  now that the Communication Workers Union have announced another 19 days of Royal Mail strikes over the next 2 Months, I need to update the outdated information I have on this part of my policy urgently. 

Can anyone help me on how I can do this? x

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LovesVintage43 

you have to extend your delivery dates now, in your shipping profile

choose "other" for the carrier in the shipping profile, and you can put in up to 10 weeks

0 Likes
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  Hi Crafty! Thanks for that- what I am trying to alter is the typed text in the Delivery section where you say how you will make the deliveries etc etc but can't find how to do it.

Is that what you are going to be doing with your shipping , extending the dates? x

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@LovesVintage43 

I can't edit that any more either, we are stuck with what we have.
it will go completely on 31st Oct

I will be extending the delivery times in my shipping profile

1 Like
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  Oh I see well I guess the out of date info will just have to stay there then! I think I'll do the same- thanks for the advice x

1 Like
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  Hi Crafty! I just wanted to ask you a question - I can't make my mind up how many days to extend the shipping by on my profiles. These are business days ...so I was going to add a couple to the highest nymber, but am worried that may not be enough, What are you doing if you don't mind me asking? x 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I send 1st class, I currently have 2-3 business days, but will extend it to 5 I think.

at the moment, 2 that I sent Friday afternoon, which were sales from Amazon, I had reviews Saturday morning, so things are flying through.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having a similar problem. I'm looking at my policies and some are very outdated, i.e. I no longer ship Internationally but I've got International shipping info still there. I obviously wrote the stuff at one point, where to I go now to edit?

I don't have a problem with returns but below that there are sections that are in need of updates, shipping, payments, additional policies, where do I find that? I no longer take custom orders, for example, I need that out.

I have a lot of wording in my current policies and want to clean it up.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@FunkyJunkyVintage 

You can't edit your current policies, and they will go anyway on Oct 31st.

I have seen that some people can still edit them on the app until then.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.