Check Your Listings - Site Wide Issue

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

Please check your listings carefully, especially if using LitCommerce or Zoho inventory management systems. Today I was charged for 74 renewed listings. I had authorized 11 of them. None of my listings auto-renew. The listings were a mix of different items. Most were products that had been officially "Sold Out" for many years but a few were renewals of products already active. A total of 63 listings were renewed without my consent. I initially thought it was due to using an new inventory management program, LitCommerce. I called Etsy to see if they could help me and the call ended in a fascinating conclusion.

After speaking to two different customer service representatives and holding for nearly an hour I was informed it was a site wide issue. Then after another brief hold I was told I could not receive the refund of my fees as expected and it was actually a problem with "Zoho." That was interesting because I use LitCommerce . . . 

I asked the representative if he was "back tracking" his earlier statement about Etsy having a sitewide auto-renewal issue and was refused any further help or a refund. Draw your own conclusions. 

I want to conduct business in a fair and ethical manor. I will no longer sell on this platform.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Check Your Listings - Site Wide Issue

Jump to solution

Yes, this was a call back requested from the contact us area on Etsy. My deepest apologies for creating any confusion. I initiated the call back request and it was immediate. The intent of the post was to inform others of what was said to me in case anyone else was having this issue. I appreciate you both for taking time to reply and am glad you did not have an issue with this. Have good night.

View solution in original post

2 Likes
8 Replies
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@EVEmporiumCo  "I called Etsy to see if they could help me and the call ended in a fascinating conclusion.

I'm not sure who you spoke to on the phone because you can't call Etsy. You can only request a "call back".   Also there doesn't appear to be a site wide issue.   

1 Like

Jump to solution

@EVEmporiumCo: "I called Etsy ..." As @SugarTaffySoap noted, there is no published phone number for Etsy customer service and anything found on the internet is likely to be a scammer. Hopefully you did not provide them with any personal information.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@EVEmporiumCo  There is no phone number for Etsy. You were scammed.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, this was a call back requested from the contact us area on Etsy. My deepest apologies for creating any confusion. I initiated the call back request and it was immediate. The intent of the post was to inform others of what was said to me in case anyone else was having this issue. I appreciate you both for taking time to reply and am glad you did not have an issue with this. Have good night.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@EVEmporiumCo  Thank you for the heads up, I am going to be watching my items a little closer.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have been having a serious problem with Etsy auto-renewing Sold Out items when the quantity which shows a zero quantity and it has been happening for years. I have been unable to get assistance with this problem. I, also, don't want to be charged a renewal fee for an item I don't have available to sell. I am refunding money to customers because of this problem. I've had 2 orders, so far, this month for the same problem. For some of the items, I have only ever listed one item. All of my listings are Manual Renew. Does anyone have any suggestions? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"I will no longer sell on this platform.

Although she was true to her word (most are not), this is a classic case of shooting yourself in the foot!!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I dont know what certain four letter selling platform is doing they used to have a way to call and get support and no longer now they have been making a lot of questionable decisions that push sellers off the platform and whoever is in charge of coding and software have been letting the bots run around and cause problems google does not just code an AI bot then release it into the wild the create an isolated simulation that allows for issues to be corrected before full integration I think the big reason for alot of what is happening is certain four letter selling platform is looking to keep as few live people on the pay role as possible and think that the best way to do that is with AI and bots.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.