Changing photos in listings

Hello , I am asking if changes in photos and personalization field wording will affect the rankings? Or the listing ranking just only affects by tags , titles , descriptions, attributes?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Changing photos in listings

@PersonalizedbyAZZA: What weight any change will have in calculating your listing's search score is anyone's guess, but we have received suggestions from Etsy to refresh a listing with new photos. And better photos will always help because in theory they will increase your conversion rate.

1 Like
clairerocksx
Inspiration Seeker

Morning! I changed my photos over a couple of days about 2 weeks ago… now my interactions have turned into a trickle and sales have completely dried up. There can’t be any other reason. I was page 1 for a few searches, now ?

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@clairerocksx 

1. Perhaps your new photos are not as effective as the previous photos.
  2. Perhaps it's just a coincidence that it occurred at the same time.

If your listing fails to convert for a specific search term then it will drop in ranking for that term.

Edited to add: if by adding new or additional photos you then cause confusion relating to variations then this might be impacting your sales. I looked at your blue floral heart but it wasn't clear what I would be buying because there were so many photos showing the different finishes and none were labelled.

0 Likes

@clairerocksx: "There can’t be any other reason." With all of the testing and tweaking that Etsy does (particularly with Search) it is almost impossible to make direct cause and effect correlations. It is just as possible that your interactions would be even worse if you had not changed your photos.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

As far as I know, the quality and quantity of listing photos does not have a direct effect on search ranking.

However if you upload better photos and they help you make a sale, then that sale will help that listing rank higher.

Also, if Etsy like your photos and award the Etsy Pick badge and that listing will get more visibility.

You will find more information on what factors are used to rank products in search results here : https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/375461474487

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.