Cannot print packing slips - gift notes generated instead

I need to attach an invoice/packing slip to 2 UK orders today, but when I try to print them, Etsy instead generates a gift note. Neither order included a gift note, but both were marked as a gift

Orders that were not marked as gifts generate packing slips normally. 

The only work around I can come up with is to print the "Order Receipt" and include Etsy's UK VAT # on it as a "private note". This is not ideal, as the invoice is no longer in the buyer's currency, which could create issues. 

Anyone else? I am on a PC, Windows 10, using Chrome

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
11 Replies
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Re: Cannot print packing slips - gift notes generated instead

If the buyer checks that it is a gift they don't want a receipt and that is what is printed (gift receipt). We have no control over that. Just print it and include it. 

0 Likes

@EnergyPeace I don't think you read my post correctly.

These are orders with VAT paid, so I need to include that info on the outside of the package. (The Customs form already legally requires me to put the value on the outside of the package, regardless of whether or not it is a gift) 

Since Etsy started collecting VAT, I have always included the packing slip on the outside of the package for Customs, so they can see that VAT was paid & to which VAT number. This has never been an issue, and again, it is all required. 

2 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

@cindylouwho2 yeah, I didn't understand you needed it for that. Didn't know where you were located but see you mention VAT now. Sorry.

0 Likes

@EnergyPeace no worries - I appreciate you trying to help! 

1 Like

@cindylouwho2 I do believe you can untick a Marked as Gift order, so the invoice should print normally?

1 Like

@KultRemade good to know! but also kinda dumb, since I need to know this was marked as a gift to provide gift packaging. 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Order marked as gift = generate gift packing slip (without prices) which includes gift message from buyer if there is one

Gift wrapping = completely separate option which is turned on/off using a different feature where a cost can be assigned.

0 Likes

@Amaradorn I know I have done this before without this issue, but thank you for your reply. 

I am also aware that gift wrapping is an option, but that is not what I am talking about. I don't offer it as an option to be selected. I just package things differently if they are marked as gifts. 

1 Like
McKeanCreations
Conversation Maker

@cindylouwho2  Hi Cindy, Can you print the gift receipt then untick the marked as gift to get the packing slip, then retick it again? I know there's a button to click if you want to mark the order as a gift, but not sure if it can be unticked. Never tried.

0 Likes

@McKeanCreations @DreamGreatDreams well, sure, I can fiddle around all day to work around Etsy's issues, but that's not idea during the busiest time of the year. 

I've never had this issue before, and didn't really have time for it today.

3 Likes

can you select the order, then under option click “unmark as gift”?  i do this often to force print a legitimate receipt without dollar amounts. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.