CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Can’t sign in to either shop

Jump to solution

I have had the sign in issues in both shops for a long time where I sign in, get an error and then refresh the page and I’m in. A while back others posted here with similar issues and described it as a technical glitch. Contacting Etsy is so difficult these days so I have been living with it but tonight I have been completely shut out from both shops. I cleared cache etc, updated browser etc on my PC but nothing is working. No problem signing in on my phone (not using the app). Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can’t sign in to either shop

Jump to solution

since it became difficult to find the links for support, i’ve collected them when sellers mentioned where they found help.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is the link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is the link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you do email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to that email above the line of asterisks that their automated best guess solutions did not work. all you have to say is something like “i still need help” send the reply, and it should stay active.  it’s critical that you reply to the automated response you receive and don’t send additional emails thinking it will speed things up (this actually slows things down.)

keep in mind these none of these links work all of the time. also know they may or may not work outside the usa, or may not work outside of non-standard typical usa business hours (m-f & 8-5).

View solution in original post

1 Like
28 Replies
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Some people are reporting a lot of issues accessing Etsy in the past half a day or so. Your issue might be related.

What browser are you using? e.g. Firefox, Chrome, on Windows or Mac etc.

Do you know how to check if you have add-ons/extensions installed in your browser? e.g. in Firefox on Windows I can click the three horizontal lines icon in the top right corner to access the menu and then click on "Add-ons and themes", or in Chrome I can click on the three vertical dots icon in the top right corner to access the menu and then click on "More Tools > Extensions".

If any add-ons/extensions are installed and enabled, you could try and disable them all and see if that helps. If it does help, you can try switch them back on one-by-one to determine if a particular add-on/extension is the problem.

Or do you have antivirus software running on your device? You could try and disable it temporarily to see if that helps.  If it does, there may be some settings that can be adjusted to prevent the issue reoccurring when you switch the antivirus software back on.

Other people have reported similar issues but the majority of people can login without problem so it's possible there's something specific to some people's devices that is causing a conflict.

0 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@givemeacrownThanks for your help, I tried both your suggestions and neither extensions or anti virus are the problem. Also, no way to even send Etsy an email or to get any help.

0 Likes
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Anyone know how to reach E Etsy for some help please? Still can’t sign in from pc and no way to contact Etsy, thanks

1 Like

Jump to solution

I had trouble signing into one of my shops today.  It took a long time and eventually timed out.  When I tried signing in again, it wanted me to prove I was human but the rest of the screen was blank.  I closed the box and went through the sign in 2-3 times and it eventually went through without proving anything.  Annoying but at least doable today.  Tomorrow may be different.

1 Like

Jump to solution

This began yesterday for me. I use Firefox and I can not log in. For awhile I have been getting the error message and would just click on Etsy logo and I would be signed in - now the sign in button doesn't do anything.  I've tried all the suggestions I have read and nothing works. I switched to Chrome and am having no issues. I am having no other issues with Firefox and any websites except for Etsy. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I just want to report that it's the same thing for me. I use Firefox (with pc, I don't have a cellphone) and I can't log in since yesterday. As DezignerheartDesigns and CloversFinds mention, for months I have been getting the error message and would just click on the round arrow to refresh my page and I was logged in - now the sign in button doesn't do anything. I've also tried all the suggestions I have read and nothing works. I switched to Edge and I was able to connect (even if the error message also appeared; I refreshed the page to be connected) .

I have NO other problems with Firefox: All other websites (for logging in or just browsing sites) work fine with Firefox except for Etsy...  

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MarieClaproodArtHi, if you still can't get in, check the solution to this thread for links and do a help request - thanks for the reply and good luck

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I also use Firefox and have not been able to log in using that browser since last night.  I have been able to login in with the Edge browser and on my cellphone (not the app). Like @DezignerheartDesigns and @MarieClaproodArt - I am only experiencing Firefox browser issues with the Etsy website, even after trying all the suggestions regarding cache clearing and antivirus software conflict possibilities.

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@Former_MemberYes it is definitely an Etsy thing - I had the same problem - no problem on my phone (without app) or any other websites except Etsy on my PC. I did all the recommended stuff too. I am able to get in tonight (with error/refresh combo) on FF. If you still can't, check the links in the solution to this post and put in a ticket. hope it gets fixed soon and thanks for replying..

0 Likes
BrianLacyPottery
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yep, me too.  I have the latest Firefox browser on both Windows 10 and 11 machines.  Neither works.  Clicking on the signin button does nothing.  I was able to log in using a Microsoft Edge browser.  At a glance it appears that my privacy settings are similar for both browsers.  

I did try the help page but it only provides help based on pre-described issues.  If you are in Europe there is a section for platform to business issues, but only if you are in the EU.  

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BrianLacyPotteryHi, if you are still having the problem, check the solution to this post and try the links to put in a ticket - I ended up doing a help request this morning under "close my account" because there was literally no way to contact Etsy that I could find, unbelievable. I can now sign in using FF but I still get the error message and have to refresh. The bug is still there but at least I can get in. Best of luck and thank you for you input...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I posted in another thread, but I guess I will post in this one, too. 

I also can't sign in using Firefox. I was able to sign in yesterday, and the day before, etc. 

I would get an error message, but I would just refresh the page, and I would be signed in. 

I am signed in now using Chrome, but I really prefer FF. 

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TimeSpanTreasuresI am able sign in using FF now (with the error/refresh situation again). Who knows how long it lasts. I did put in a help ticket but I think many people were effected. See the solution for some contact links if you want to see if they can restore access with FF for you...thanks for you input, best of luck

1 Like

Jump to solution

And how many sales are being lost, if a buyer can't sign in to buy? 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here. Couldn't log into my shop using Firefox - but just tried with Edge and it worked. I much prefer using Firefox, so I hope they'll get this fixed. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I cannot sign in either... The sign in button simply does not work. I am also using Firefox and have had no issues with any other sites?

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@PrelovedJewelsShopI had the same problem and had to open a ticket this am under "close my account" for lack of another way but I am able to sign in now (still with the error messages and having to refresh). If you are still not able to sign in, check the solution to this post for links to request help...thanks for replying, best of luck

0 Likes

Jump to solution

since it became difficult to find the links for support, i’ve collected them when sellers mentioned where they found help.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is the link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is the link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you do email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to that email above the line of asterisks that their automated best guess solutions did not work. all you have to say is something like “i still need help” send the reply, and it should stay active.  it’s critical that you reply to the automated response you receive and don’t send additional emails thinking it will speed things up (this actually slows things down.)

keep in mind these none of these links work all of the time. also know they may or may not work outside the usa, or may not work outside of non-standard typical usa business hours (m-f & 8-5).

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@DreamGreatDreams 

thank you so much - I will save this post (until they take it down of course). I ended up opening a ticket this morning in the "close my account link" and I did get an automated email response. This evening I am able to sign in to both shops (still with the error message and still having to refresh the page so bug still not fixed but at least I can get in). Really unbelievable how things operate here but not surprised. Take care....

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Firefox= no access. Browser I don't want to use= no problem. Not a single issue with Firefox on any other website, so it appears to be a solid compatibility issue.

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@OldenaryThingsFinally back to getting in with the error message (I opened a ticket under "close my shop" this morning because there was no other way to contact anyone - unbelievable - and it is definitely an Etsy issue and has nothing to do with anything we are doing - I love how they assume it is our browser or add ons or virus program and make us jump thru hoops instead of just fixing the problem - a year or more I have had this bug....Thanks for your reply and support - I appreciate the help everyone

1 Like

Jump to solution

I finally was able to sign in with Firefox - although it did give me the error message I have been receiving for some time - but just clicking on the Etsy logo fully signed me in. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Same here, able to sign in with Firefox now, but with the error message.

I also got the error message when signing in with Chrome earlier.

1 Like
CloversFinds
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@DezignerheartDesigns yes, me too - a year with the error message, it's a joke - but at least I'm able to sign in too but who knows for how long -thanks for responding - 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.