I put my shop on holiday mode while away and last Friday (1st July) I altered the setting to shop active/not on holiday but nothing changed, my shop remained closed, so after 3 days I reported this as a problem. After 3 days I got a response asking me for the last 4 numbers of my card bank account, last bill etc. I could see no reason for this - I reported the problem through my Etsy account and the information was on my Etsy account. I provided the information and another day passed before I received a reply telling me things had been sorted and the shop was active. It is not, it remains closed. It's poor customer service when they don't bother to check whether they've solved the problem before telling a customer they have. So I responded yesterday saying it had not been fixed and my shop was still closed 8 days after I had tried to reopen. Does anyone have any advice please, or experienced the same problem and got it sorted?

Re: Can't get shop back to active after holiday mode after a week of trying

I still say the OP would not have shop sections with numbers showing if her listings were deactivated by Etsy.  Somethin' up.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

I've emailed asking for a call back but I am very pessimistic. I was away for 6 weeks sailing around the Outer Hebrides, Orkneys and into the North Atlantic. While I was away Etsy invoiced me but I had very little sustained telephone signal and though two weeks late, I paid my little bill as soon as I got home. I suspect this may have been the cause of the problem - but surely this doesn't happen to everyone who pays late when they return from holiday.

0 Likes

Hello! Sorry for your problem! When I had a trip coming up I read a few threads here on the "vacation mode" forums and didn't close up shop. I simply changed the descriptive text that appears at the beginning to say that my store will be closed from this date to this date and if there are any orders placed during the period, they will be fulfilled on ... date. It worked for me, but maybe it's because I don't have many orders and clients yet. Now I'm on vacation again and I'll do it again. I wish you a quick resolution of the problem!

0 Likes

In case anyone is still watching this thread, I have still not heard anything from ETSY and though 3 products are now without 'deactivated by etsy' and showing in the shop, the shop still shows my holiday message. The customer service is appalling but it's the sheer frustration of not being able to contact anyone that is so annoying. Another couple of days and my shop will have been unavailable for two weeks after opening.

I do think they are adding insult to injury - by charging me for Ads when my products are unavailable!!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.