OpheliasArts
Inspiration Seeker

No way to add a Payment method

Hello, anyone is having this issue?

Today, I got my shop suspended for unverified bank account details. I was sure that everything was fine, since I added my iban when I opened the shop, but it seems not.

I contacted the help center and they unsospended the account, but told me to add again the payment method.

The problem is that if I try to update my bank details, I get a page where I cannot add a payment method:

https://imgur.com/a9tTm1N

And the help center, after the first reply, didn't answer anymore. Two hours have passed... do I have to do something else? Is there anyone having the same problem?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: No way to add a Payment method

Looks like the message is telling you to enroll in Etsy Payments - https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002120927-What-is-Etsy-Payments-?segment=selling

0 Likes
OpheliasArts
Inspiration Seeker

And I'd like to, if this helps to solve the problem. But there's no way to do this from the shop.

Do I have to open a new ticket to enroll in Etsy Payments?

(Also, sorry, english is not my first language)

0 Likes

@OpheliasArts  - It appears Etsy has removed payment options (Etsy payments that buyers use) from your shop until they receive the information about you that they need. 

Check your email (spam & promotional boxes too) to see if Etsy sent you an email about the specific info. they need.

You can go to the shop manager, to Finances, to payment settings to see if you can edit your bank info. that is there. Also, the Finances section is where you can access the Legal and Tax Information, which includes you name, legal documentation, etc.

If you did not receive an email, or do not see any notices in the shop manager about what is needed, you will need to contact Etsy.
You say the help center replied to your help request and then hasn't followed up yet. 
If that response is in reply to an email help request you sent Etsy, it might be generic in nature? They may have sent you links to articles & hope that is all you need.

If the reply is generic, you will need to respond to that email, that your issue is not resolved. Do not open new help tickets or you will end up at the end of the line again. 

If the reply to your first help request is personalized, do realize that Etsy's customer service to shop owners is overwhelmed & it may take some time to be able to get back to you. You can give them a nudge every once in a while & reply to that email requesting an update on your problem but that may not speed up the process. 

1 Like
OpheliasArts
Inspiration Seeker

JMOldeVintage thank you for your reply, really.

Their response, which arrived in a few minutes after I opened the ticket, was partly generic, partly personalized. They told me that they resetted the bank detail and told me what to do after, in other words, where to click to add the bank account and redo the deposit iter... I guess.

The problem is that I still see my old bank account if I click to Finances -> Payment Account -> Bank Account (near "deposit schedule", there are the  the four digits of my bank account). And there's no other option to do anything in that page: I cannot add another bank account for example.

Because the page "Payment settings" just shows the splash message to enroll in Etsy Payments. Of course, the listings in the shop are deactivated by etsy until I fix the problem.

Ok, I understand that they are overwhelmed. So, maybe I was just lucky that they replied to me in few minutes the first time?

0 Likes

Yes, since you are based in the EU, the process for opening a shop is different. US shops are immediately & automatically enrolled in Etsy payments.

On my page I am shown the option to "edit" my bank account information & can do so. If changes do need to be made you must have the old account number & will need to enter that before being able to change banks/bank accounts.

Hopefully someone else who has encountered this problem will come along with better guidance.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.