I have no ability to deactivate my abandoned cart promotion! I have tried “details” many times, but it’s just not there!

Re: Can’t deactivate abandoned cart!

1 YEAR! Holy cow. That's really long. I wonder if that can be altered? I don't send coupons, so I'm not to worried about it for myself, just wondering for anyone who does use them.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

This is crazy. I don't have any links to change it, no edit button, nor a stop sending link. It's basically going to be there and run FOREVER.

3 Likes

By the looks, we can only stop sending the thankyou or abandoned cart coupon but any that have already been sent out have to be honoured. I wonder if we can edit the discount amount and if we do, will the 'old' coupon amount be increased/decreased to the edited amount? 

There has been a slight improvement ... Etsy limits to a single use and no sharing. Not sure how they work, perhaps it is linked to the account? Now they just have to send the abandoned cart when the cart is actually abandoned, and not 5 minutes after something is put in a cart.

2 Likes

@AnniebelloPaper 
They have finally updated the help article for the "abandoned" cart timing. It's 2 hours!
If a shopper has an item from your shop in their cart for more than 2 hours, they’ll get an email offering them a discount for that item.
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115014260108-How-to-Set-Up-Sales-and-Discounts-for-Your-Shop...

0 Likes

@ALadiesShop: Unless something has changed, only one discount coupon will be applied to an item - in theory the higher discount. Except for free shipping and a discount combination, coupons cannot be stacked so if you have a Thank You coupon and a sale coupon only one of them will be applied to the listing.

0 Likes

@DaysofYoreTreasures 2 hrs??? That's not an abandoned cart. That's someone stopping their shopping to have lunch, or picking up the kids from school. Ridiculous!

4 Likes

I don't have a stop sending option. I also deactivated the day before I was notified about the 60 day thing. As usual, I'm very frustrated with Etsy's changes.

4 Likes

At least you got notified.  I only found out through your post here in the forums.

1 Like

@MarlenesSewingRoom 

You are not the only one.  I cant deactivate a thankyou or a favorite coupon which I attempted to deactivate immediately.  When i asked for help through Etsy's systems I was diverted to live chat who "escalated to technical section" and left the conversation hanging at that.  I have since had two emails to my shop neither of which have not gone through the From Etsy folder.  I assume they are scammers.  Im sorry but its Amateur Hour at Etsy.  

4 Likes

0 Likes

So we can't hold a sale for one year because the customers may use their Thank you coupon during the sale? Someone did not think this through at Etsy.

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@ALadiesShop 

You can still run a sale.  Coupons and sales do not stack (except free shipping).  If you are running a sale and someone puts in a coupon code then the item price reverts to its original price and the coupon discount is given.  Buyers can have one or the other, but not both.

1 Like

I can't deactivate a Coupon I set up if somebody favourites one of my items. No options to stop it at all. 

2 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@ParfaitPlumes 

If you can't deactivate or stop sending your favorite coupon that is a technical problem or glitch caused by Etsy's mucking about changing some of the aspects of the other 2 targeted coupons.

5 Likes
RueDeLouvain
Conversation Maker

I noticed this too now! Wanted to stop "abandoned cart" after seeing that offers are sent after 2 hours, and there is no way to end it! In Chat, support told me that it can not be stopped because I did not input an end date when I created the code. This is a lot of nonsense of course, as usual with chat support they have no clue and do not even understand the issue. Opening a ticket now via email.

2 Likes

@RueDeLouvain we were never able to put in an end date for the abandoned cart or thank you coupons that Etsy sends out automatically. Our only option was always to stop sending. And for any 'sale' ones, it wouldn't apply until you put something in that 'end date' box, and we can end those early if we want.

Chat 'support' (and I use that word with a truckload of sarcasm) is outsourced and obviously confused. Let us know how your ticket goes.

0 Likes

So what happens if you want to KEEP the code? Do you need to keep reactivating it? Can you use the same code? If I give out a code and someone comes back and tries to use it in 3 months and it doesn't work.. am I then going to lose a sale or get a sale with a bad review?? Why muck about with things like this?? If I want to end it I can remove it?

1 Like
timelapse
Conversation Maker

@hopeandjoystudios- Because they feel the need to be in charge of our shops instead of us! More micro-management by people who have most likely never run a shop so they don't think of these things!

3 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Sellers were complaining about the targeted coupons (mainly that people who weren't given the coupons were using them and they were being used multiple times).

Be careful what you ask/wish for on Etsy.  They will eventually do something, but they usually muck it up and make things worse.

6 Likes

I was actually able to end the promo code on abandoned cart but now it’s mysteriously been set to active again with no end date and no way to deactivate promo now. 

3 Likes

Same thing that happened to me. Ended it last week but it’s been used a ton since then. Over $100 in discounts I didn’t approve. 

4 Likes
GildedLilley
Inspiration Seeker

Me also, it is a substantial discount that I am running, so I won't be running any sales, between the abandoned cart discount and a sale discount, I'd be in the hole.

1 Like

@GildedLilley: "... between the abandoned cart discount and a sale discount ..." Except for free shipping codes and discount codes, Etsy does not combine discounts, so only the abandoned cart or the sale discount would be applied.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

You do not have to honor any orders that were purchased with those discounts ... simply cancel & refund, and apologize to buyers stating that you are not currently accepting coupons/discounts, and cannot deactivate them due to a current Etsy glitch.  TBH, I do not believe this is a glitch but rather a purposeful attempt by Etsy taking control of our own businesses!  Whether this "control" is actually intentional or not, I don't know, but I am not happy with the way they are handling our promotional discounts for us!  At any rate, as of right now anyway, you do have the power to exercise your right to cancel & refund any order you wish for any reason!

5 Likes

I have to agree with you about  Etsy trying to control our businesses since Etsy decided to change my shipping days. I had it set to Monday-Friday and because I sometimes ship on Saturday Etsy changed it to Monday - Sunday.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.