Can I get rid of the pop-up for leaving a review?

Hello,

Is there a way to get rid of the pop-up from Etsy to leave a review for an item I purchased about a month ago? I was a bit disappointed in the item, a necklace, because the small natural gem stone had no sparkle as shown in the photo of it. All of the reviews are 5 stars with a very positive note. I never leave bad reviews because I don’t want to ruin the shop’s perfect score, I rather not say anything. I know how upset I’d be with a less than perfect review. But the pop-up is annoying!

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
9 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Can I get rid of the pop-up for leaving a review?

You just have to wait it out.

1 Like

What's the purpose of leaving reviews if they are not honest?  That you were a bit disappointed in the of the quality of the stone I think you should mention it.  Obviously, you don't want to completely tank the seller, but, remember 4 stars is still considered a good review.  

1 Like

I just don’t want to be the one to ruin their perfect score. 

3 Likes
UptownYvette
Conversation Maker

Unfortunately, you can't do anything to remove the notification.  You just have to wait things out for the review window to close.

0 Likes

i don't know of a way to turn the pop ups off without surrendering to their demands .....

practically speaking, there are a couple of options to get them to stop that might work

•you might leave 4 or 5 stars, along with an honest review of the experience. i got a 4 a few weeks ago and my star seller thing still says 'perfect score' so i don't think an isolated 4 has an impact. 

•or if you don't want to actually review the experience, i think if you do it from the mobile app, you don't have to write anything with the star rating

1 Like

The colorful little dot reminder (by the notifications/shop manager icons) stays there until after the review window passes. 

My experience is the pop-ups reminding you to leave a review start out as extremely pesky, slowing to every-once-in-a-while, then pesky again as those final days to leave a review draw close. There are Etsy email reminders too, from time to time.

The emails are easily trashed, and at least for the moment, clicking "close" on the pop-ups does get rid of them. At least these pop-ups don't follow you around throughout the day, appearing anywhere & everywhere Etsy. 

1 Like

I turned off notifications on the buyer app so at least the orange dot doesn't show and annoy me.

I'm stuck with the orange dot on my laptop (site browser)

I don't see a pop-up to review while Im shopping thank goodness, but I get every other imaginable pop-up, even one that says to buy something in my cart that was removed bc the shop closed. I still get that one whenever my cart is empty.

I also don't leave less than 5 stars; I just let it expire.

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

If you leave a review and say Etsy pestered, annoyed and goaded you into leaving it, the buyer can sometimes get it removed.  Doesn't always work, but it sends Etsy the message that buyers hate to be annoyed.

0 Likes

I'm annoyed at this as well.  In my case, I purchased items as condolence gifts to recipients I do not know. Since I did not, or do not expect to get feedback from them regarding the gift, I'm not able to post a review.  It has been over 2 months and the notifications pop-ups are still there.  At the very least, there should be an option for "unable to review" or "review not applicable".

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.