Calculated Shipping Error Beware

For those of you that use calculated shipping, please be aware that I have encounter an error which has been escalated thru support. I have a wide variety of package sizes and charge a package fee based on the size of the envelope. Today I went to list a new item and when checking the shipping price, the package fee that was added was incorrect. The chat feature is still not working and after multiple tries to get to requesting a call back, I finally spoke to support. They double checked my listing and my package preferences and agreed that there was an issue. In the meantime I had to save my listing as a draft and could not publish it.  Just one more issue with Etsy's system. Please double check your listings if you use calculated shipping.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Calculated Shipping Error Beware

I don't use the package or handling fee.  Since I consider those costs overhead, I just put them in my budget, 

My calculated shipping is fine.

1 Like

Yes, I too have had the issue. I include like .75 per shipment and it has it set at $2.00 but I can change it. I'm also experiencing where there is no shipping calculator when I try to do a listing, whether from scratch or copy from previous listing that had one when I listed the item. The only option for shipping it is giving me is free or fixed priced shipping and then only once type of delivery service rather than being able to include all delivery services such as priority or first class or the new ground advantage. So until they get these things fixed I can not list anything new. Please let us know if you get any answers. TY

0 Likes

@CraftingConfections  No response yet and I had tried redoing the listing with the same result. Will let you know.

0 Likes

I finally have an answer. When I started with Etsy in 2019, I had a lot of conversations with real Etsy support and was told that package sizes were based on dimensions. I was just told that they are using volume sizes rather than dimensions to determine which package to use & therefore what package cost to apply. My listing was 14 x 13 x .2 The system kept putting it into a 21 x 17 x 2 envelope instead of a 19 x 15 x 3. The reason was that the cubic measurement of the 19 x 15 was more than the 21 x 17.  So I had to add a new package of 19 x 15 x 2 to get it to figure correctly.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.