SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

CHAT SUPPORT SAYS LISTINGS ISSUE KNOWN

I asked chat support about the listing issue that many sellers, including myself, are

having. Etsy is aware. I was told to tell you to go to chat support

and let them know what listing issues you are having. 

If you don't have it, here is a link to initiate chat or email. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
75 Replies

Re: CHAT SUPPORT SAYS LISTINGS ISSUE KNOWN

Any idea of if they are going to fix it?  It's been really annoying not being able to bulk edit listings, or delete, or deactivate, or in fact do anything much useful.

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@ChestnuttVintage  Chat wouldn't say any specifics. 

0 Likes
AnnaleasFinest
Conversation Maker

Why shouldn't they fix it?

Question is when....

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Sounds more like a sitewide issue and Etsy tech should be looking into it.

11 Likes

Thank you for sharing this info. My feelings about this technical issue with their platform... if they are really interested in what's happening, perhaps they would like to check the Technical Issues forum they have set up for this sort of thing. Plenty of info there. I'm the customer here - I shouldn't have to be the one making all the effort to tell them about their problem.

40 Likes

Lol..all they would have to do is read the forum for a fraction of the people with issues. Not all post here so I assume there are many with issues who are clueless as to what is happening. I really crossed my fingers when I unvacationed my shops..so far so good.

9 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

A little off topic here, but did you notice no one is mentioning the Star Seller Badge today? lol  

5 Likes

Shhhh, now you've jinxed it!

4 Likes

It's nine days past the 1st of the month. The new month commotion must be dying down. 

1 Like
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

I wish! I did my obligatory “that’s how it works…pay attention” message once this morning. But only once, so that’s an improvement.

4 Likes

Here's what chat support (can't believe I could reach them) had to say; note the canned response assuming any chat is about an issue with a seller :(. I think I'll have a beer and go enjoy some California sunshine.

I cannot manually renew, deactivate or change Featured Items. This has been ALL DAY. What is Etsy doing to fix this? It's across the platform, just check your Forums page.
Chat started
Etsy
Thank you for your patience while we connect you to a support agent. The best way to get help with an order is to contact the seller: https://www.etsy.com/your/purchases/select_order If you still need help from an agent, please provide detailed information about your request. Closing this window will end the chat.

Silvana joined the chat

Silvana
Hi there.
I will be happy to help you with the options of the platform Sandi.

Love how your canned response assumes there's a seller issue. That's pretty offensive, frankly.

Silvana
I understand.
No worries, I am checking right now.

I don't need help with options. I know how to use it. You have a major tech issue here and it's been going on all day.

Silvana
Ok, let me check the updates we have.
Hold a brief moment while I check it.
I've taken a look at your account and identified the team that can best help you. I am going to transfer you to my colleague on that team. Hold on and they will be joining shortly.

Geo joined the chat

Geo
Thank you so much for contacting Etsy seller support, this is Geo and I’ll be glad to assist you today.
Allow me a few minutes to catch up please.

I don't need help except to have your sitewide issues fixed.

Silvana left the chat
Geo
Thank you for waiting Sandi.

Geo
After catching up I can see that you can't use listing features such as renew, deactivate or change Featured Items

Are you not aware of this? There are probably hundreds of posts about it in the Forums.

Geo
Thank you for bringing this to our attention today definitely important for you to get this solved so you can continue running your shop, this has been reported by other seller at this time and I will add your report as well so they can work on it and they can get back to you once solved, they assist via email only.
Is sxxxx@xxxxx the best email to contact you back?

No. Use sxxxx@xxxxx

Geo
Thanks for confirming, I went ahead and sent your information already, please keep an eye on your email to hear from them soon. Our dedicated team receives several requests and do their best to respond as quickly as possible

This is not an individual request. This is a problem across your platform that's been going on for hours.

9 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Sounds familiar.

1 Like

SandiLaneFineArt,

Ditto all the problems other sellers have been reporting.

Thanks a million for posting your exchange with Etsy "support". I was about to head for the nearest and highest bridge, but your go-nowhere exchange cheered me up immensely!

5 Likes

@SandiLaneFineArt 

Yeah that sounds just like the typical communication with live chat support. They are just a call center...they work from a script. Most don't even know how etsy works. Expecting actual help with resolving a tech issue from live chat or phone support call center people is probably expecting way way too much unfortunately. They can only handle the most basic issues that can often be fixed by reading the help center. They often copy and paste help center text for their responses. 

8 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@WitticismsRus 

"They are just a call center...they work from a script. Most don't even know how etsy works. Expecting actual help with resolving a tech issue from live chat or phone support call center people is probably expecting way way too much unfortunately."

This is nothing against you personally (don't shoot the messenger and all). But what the H are they being paid for then?

6 Likes

@ChillwolfArt 

Honestly they are probably paid to help manage the influx of support contacts that are for things that don't actually require Etsy support staff. Or to handle the contacts for things Etsy support isn't really meant to help with.  Examples- Things like "why are my sales down?" Or any number of things that are often seller errors and can easily be fixed by searching help center or asking here in the forums. By having the call center folks handle those sort of issues it ideally frees up actual tech support staff to handle what they need to handle. If that makes any sense.

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@WitticismsRus 

It makes sense the way you describe it.  Doesn't make sense that we don't have adequate help for important matters and have to pretty much struggle for it.

1 Like

@ChillwolfArt 

I totally agree. I'm really hoping that they do actually improve seller support as they say they are. It would be awesome to not have to wait weeks for email support replies. 

2 Likes

Yep-this pretty much sums up what I'm experiencing right now with Chat. Not sure why I'm bothering....It's been happening since at least July 7, I think.

0 Likes

I had a similar experience with the chat last week.. I opened a ticket to report a buyer who had just called me the C-word & said a bunch of racist stuff after she convinced herself I was Chinese, and the only answer I got was “Hello Sarah, how are you today?”.

I just left the chat & assumedthey had gotten the messagebut clearly they didn’t suspend the buyer since she just left me 2 ridiculous reviews.
I half suspect this chat support is a bot system that only recognizes keywords.

0 Likes

It's a bot, not a person. All it knows is what it has been taught and that is what you can find yourself by reading the relevant staff on the website (as I'm sure we all have)

0 Likes

Yeah, that was a waste of time.  The chat person I spoke to knew nothing about it and wanted me to send screenshots and try a different browser like it was a me-problem.  It's not a me-problem.  It's an Etsy problem.

9 Likes

Not the fault of the individual chat-employee, but Etsy is obviously not making them aware of the issue.

0 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@ChestnuttVintage. None of what is happening is funny by any means but I had to chuckle when you said they asked for a screenshot. lol

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.