Buyers unable to leave reviews

I have now been contacted by 2 different buyers saying they are trying to leave a review and cannot. I have not gotten any reviews in a week which is very unusual for my shop. My "suggested" review is also quite old. Can someone take a look and see if there is some reason my shop seems to be stalled out on reviews?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
19 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Buyers unable to leave reviews

The review window opens on the expected date of delivery. Tell the buyers to go to their purchase to see when they can leave a review.

1 Like

@NanaLetha yes I know that. These are both far beyond the expected delivery date.

2 Likes
HGCShop
Inspiration Seeker

That is only partially true, according to Etsy’s own policy on when buyers can leave reviews.

Per their policy

"Buyers have 100 days to review an order, beginning on the delivery date or estimated delivery date. For digital items, the 100-days begins when the buyer downloads the file(s).

If your order has delivery tracking, the delivery date is when the shipping carrier marks your order as Delivered.

If your order doesn't have delivery tracking, the estimated delivery date is the purchase date + processing time + shipping days."

I had a customer receive an item (which was marked delivered in Etsy on 3/24) attempt to review the order on 3/26 and the system said she has to wait until April 7 to leave a review… 2 weeks after receiving the item!!

I spoke with Etsy Support, and according to them, there is some message that is supposed to be sent from Etsy to the buyer once the item is delivered. The message was not sent and my customer has to wait until the Estimated Delivery Date to review her purchase.

Honestly, this is unacceptable and a flaw in Etsy’s programming. (Imagine if Amazon made customers wait to leave reviews).

Their Tech team needs to fix this. The support rep said their management has been made aware, however, after seeing posts on this topic dating back years, it seems this has neither been a priority nor resolved. 

Etsy, please do better. This is a huge disservice to your customers (buyers and sellers).

2 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Then advise them to use a browser instead of the app. 

1 Like
HGCShop
Inspiration Seeker

Is that the fix? If so, that information should be posted on the policy page for those who may be experiencing difficulty.

0 Likes

Can someone take a look and see if there is some reason my shop seems to be stalled out on reviews?

Etsy support doesn't accept individual support inquiries through this Forum. You need to contact them directly if you would like someone to look into the issue. You are only addressing other sellers here.

3 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Yes, you will need to contact Etsy. Don't you have the chat option?

If not, these might still work, you can try ...

Request a Callback

Submit a request – Etsy

2 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

I just looked, you are a star seller so you should have the chat option.

Go to your Dashboard page and look at the lower right hand corner.

See it?

2 Likes

I made a lot of purchases on Etsy around the holidays. Once the item was marked as “delivered” I was able to leave a review. I’ve made several purchases mid Jan/ early Feb, and now I cannot leave a review until after Etsy’ expected delivery date has passed … by one day exactly. So, on some items, I’m having to wait 10 days+ to leave a review. It’s kinda frustrating! 

I also have noticed reviews for my own shop have stalled out… I’m assuming for the same reason. 

4 Likes

@That70sChickVintage This is also happening to me on purchases I made, so it seems to be a general issue.

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

It sure hasn't stopped the nagging pop ups.

4 Likes

@ChristmasIsLove , they seemed to have gone from one extreme to another- first pestering pop ups for reviews on items not yet received, to now having to wait almost 2 weeks after the order has arrived!  

2 Likes

Did they buy as a guest? No review capability on those orders unless they open an Etsy account and transfer the sale somehow,,not sure of the specifics.

2 Likes

A pair of my customers have wrote back saying that they can't leave a review in the last weeks. I checked and in one case, the buyer bought an item from my shop under guest mode and I think that was the reason why she couldn't leave feedback.

Another customer said that he would leave the review the 17th of Feb. that is the date when my delivery timeframe allows it. I hope my customer doesn't forget it. I've been scarce of reviews (and sales) lately. Fingers crossed.

0 Likes
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

This new issue appears to be system-wide. Any items I purchased which arrived after Feb 1 will not allow me to leave reviews until after the last "expected" delivery date. Which in some cases is, yes, two full weeks. 

I have also been contacted by a few buyers saying they cannot leave reviews until a date several days after the date they actually received their item.

It's.....perplexing. 

1 Like

I wonder in some cases if it isn't sellers pushing our shipping time frames to the max to end run buyers opening cases for non delivery when items are still in transit? So you can't leave reviews until that time is up?

1 Like
BetseysBeauties
Conversation Maker

That could be part of it. In my case, I use calculated shipping.

But it seems something has changed, as I've never had a buyer tell me they had to wait to leave a review.

And as a seller, I've never had to wait either: once I received I could review within the day. 

0 Likes

@HGCShop Unfortunately, Etsy has not updated the policy on the Help Center page you quote since the policy was changed in the beginning of February (shortly before this OP was posted). The current policy is that the review window opens the day after the last date of the estimated delivery period. The review window does NOT open on confirmed tracked delivery anymore. The correct current policy is stated here:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013197687-How-to-Leave-a-Review-on-Etsy

and here

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013293148-When-Can-I-Leave-a-Review-or-Open-a-Case-

A fuller discussion of this policy change is here:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Managing-Your-Shop/Ongoing-Widespread-Issue-with-Review-Window-Failing... 

0 Likes

I'm so sorry to hear you are dealing with this.  I've been receiving reviews as normal.  This leads me to believe there is an issue since you are a seasoned seller and familiar with how both your shop and Etsy works.   I'd contact Etsy during their working hours via chat and ask them to look into this issue for you.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.