On the 10th customers started sending messages to let me know that they were unable to complete checkout. Customers are able to see, favorite, add to cart but they get an error message when they try to complete checkout. 

I spent several hours on chat and on the phone with support, they are unable to see anything on my account that would be causing this issue, they escalated it to Etsy Tech support. That was 8 days ago. 8 days of no sales = no revenue, not to mention the long term affects of my listings not being purchased and the algorithm lowering their ranking. 

Ironic that Etsy requires sellers to reply to all messages within 24 hrs but sellers have to wait 8 days (and counting!) for a response. 

I'm posting this to see if anyone has experienced anything similar in the past or is currently experiencing anything similar.

Re: Buyers Unable To Complete Checkout - 8 Days, No update from support

Jump to solution

Ok!!! It looks like it has been fixed for me. 2 customers just placed orders! I saw that first order come in and I burst into tears, I feel silly for it but this has been a tough THREE WEEKS with no sales, no updates and not knowing if it was ever going to be fixed. I still have not had any update from support but for now I am just happy to have my hard work back! I'll try to find out what the issue was and I'll be trying to pursue compensation in some form.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
9 Likes

Jump to solution

That is good news!

I hope it is fixed for others that had this issue, too!

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheTypographyTipi wonderful news! 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@TheTypographyTipi   I'm really happy for you!  And no, it should not have taken 3 weeks.

I also feel badly for those still having problems.  And don't know why it takes so bloody long to get a resolution.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Omg finally! This is the best news, I'm so glad you are back to selling again

1 Like
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is great @TheTypographyTipi and @TimeSpanTreasures 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TheTypographyTipi 

Congratulations to you ,it is very good news that your store  back to selling again ^_^

For me ,my store still not fix ,I waiting for Etsy Tech team to reply to my ticket ,it nearly 3 weeks with no update from them

even I had try to follow up on my ticket every day and chat live with Esty support .

2 Likes
BSILVER925
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

My shop have the same problem, Unfortunately no one has been able to check out from my shop since the 10th January.

We've contacted Etsy support many times and I still can't get a solution. - -"

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@BSILVER925

I checked with your shop . It have an error as same as our problem.

so sorry about this.

it seem to be the problem of the error at the checkout was effected to our shop as the same period.

But it is the good news that Etsy are fixing the problem and some shop was fixed .

So don’t give up to follow up with Etsy support . 
hopefully they will fix the problem for all of us in very soon.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Many shop in this thread also are  waiting for Etsy to fix the problem .

1 Like
BSILVER925
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

@ Chockypetshop

Yes, I have an error as same as your store. I hopefully they will fix the problem for your store too. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Is anyone else still having this problem? I've had two cancelled orders yesterday, both from the same buyer. I contacted the buyer as the same thing happened about a week ago. His response "I believe it is some sort of an issue with Etsy’s system, as they have cancelled both orders themselves (also happened with a couple of other orders I tried placing). I have been in touch with customer support, but unfortunately at this stage they haven’t been able to resolve the issue or even give me a reason why this keeps happening, simply told me to try again. Hopefully they will suggest some sort of a solution."

When this happened a week or 2 ago I managed to get a call back from Etsy support who insisted it was just a problem with the buyers payment. Just had another call with Etsy, they insist it is a problem with the buyers. I'm starting to doubt this after reading these posts.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MonsieurRenardsAttic 

I don't think this is the same issue as discussed in this thread, but I did have a buyer try to purchase something not too long ago, and their purchase was canceled twice.

The buyer contacted Etsy, and they were told that their account had been suspended in error, and Etsy had reinstated their account,  so they should be able to make their purchase on the next try.

Then, the sale finally went through.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TimeSpanTreasures I just had an order so I don't think it's an Etsy glitch after all - I guess that was just me clutching at straws wondering if I could blame somebody else for slow sales

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm unable to access my shopping cart now. So whatever has been happening is still going on.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

After I wait for about 3 weeks , Today I had got the reply on my ticket from Finance team again that it because the problem of buyer's Paypal .

oh my good ,it seem to back to the beginning again . I show them again for many order from my old customer and new customer who can not to buy my item from Chockypetshop but they can buy it from my another shop on Etsy  ,these customer who is the one who unable to complete the checkout at the Chockypetshop . 

they use the same buyer's paypal account .

it is very disappoint because it mean my problem still stuck at the finance team ,not pass to the Technical team as  we got the replied from Etsy Chat live as every day . oh my good ,why you had punished me like this . I am try to be the best seller to my customer and do everything to be the good seller , but now it is very hopeless .

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Chockypetshop I am so sorry. It does seem like Etsy Support has repeatedly dropped the ball here. 

2 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

omg, that is awful, I am so sorry. 

Something I have noticed is that Etsy staff who responds, they often don't seem to acknowledge the actual problem and their response is often dismissive.

1 Like
BSILVER925
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

15 days ago, Don't have any Technical team contact us about resolve in my Ticket, Please tell me how I can do ?

The last month, I paid 100 USD + for ETYS ADS, this pay for waste by don't have a sale from your problem can't resolve, Please don't refer this problem are from my Payment because other shop have a same problem, I can use my Payment send the invoice to customer or paid to your ETYS on the end of month, This mean problem are from this website. I check already with my Payment, it not has a problem that regular status because other customer can buy my items other shop.

I am not sure about you think my shop is a small business and come from Thailand so you don’t care my shop. I try heavily to keep star seller but it not benefit for me. Please help me if you can because I am a little woman who love my shop on Etsy, only Technical team help me please!!!!!!!

2 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

don't take it personally. It is not because you are a small shop or from Thailand. They treat us all like crap. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

my shop was fixed on today ^_^

Thank you very much for all of you , My shop back to selling again .

I really hope Etsy will help to fix the problem for other store ,then all of us will be move forward to selling again .

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@Chockypetshop YAY! glad this is fixed

0 Likes
EnergyPeace
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I am so glad to see this post as I just read your other! Awesome, finally fixed!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BSILVER92

so sorry that you still have this problem .

Please don't give us to following with Etsy support and your tickets ,try to ask them to forward your problem to Technical Team to solve it .

I think they are working to fix for you .

Hope they will fix your shop in very soon.

0 Likes
BSILVER925
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

My shop was fixed yesterday, Thanks to all the members of the forum who suggest and help me to resolve this problem. I never get in contact from the quiet support team!!!

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.