No Resolution Since November 2022- Can't Select Account Type in Update Bank Details Section.

I have used the same bank account since my shop opened in 2020. I have never received a request, warning or email from Etsy since my shop opened asking me to verify my account. I have not changed my bank details, I have not wanted to change my bank details. My scheduled deposits have just been rolling over every month Since September 2022.  I dont owe Etsy Money. My shop is open. Still receiving orders. 

I reached out to Etsy in November 2022 and they said the reason I have not been receiving my deposits is because my bank account has not been verified.  So I try to verify my bank account on 7th November 2022.

I notify Etsy that I am unable to select Checking or Savings account under the Account Type Section. 

Etsy provides me with all the standard trouble shooting scenarios- which does not work. 

For months they - send me the standard scripted replies on" how to verify my account"  and trouble shooting scenarios which i have done; such as: 

• Updating your browser
  • Disconnect from any VPN connections on your device
  • Turn off any ad-block extensions in your browser
  • Enable cookies for Etsy in your browser settings
  • Clear cache from your browser
  • System restart: Sign out of Etsy, fully close/quit your browser, restart your computer, and reboot your router or modem

At this stage, 

I can fill in and click: 

• My bank account is in RZAR
  • Fill in Bank Name 
  • Account Number 
  • Bank Code 

BUT

Account Type > Checking / savings Account is not clickable. 

Therefore I cannot save and verify my bank account. 

This is what Etsy is Constantly sending me: 

"Thank you for letting us know that you're having an issue with updating your bank account since you are unable to select the "Checking" or Savings" account. Allow me to help you with this. After a thorough check on your account and based on the information you’ve shared with us, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their ongoing investigation so they have more information to work with.

At this time, we do not have a timeline for when this issue will be resolved, but please know that we prioritize issues based on their impact on our members. Your patience on this matter is greatly appreciated. Don't hesitate to send us an email if you have any questions. I hope you enjoy the rest of your day. " 

It has been more than 240 days. No resolution. No Real help. My money is not being deposited. 

There is clearly a bug with that Radio button - as it is not allowing me to select check account - and surely this is a simple fix from the technical team. 

• My ID is Verified
  • I have sent bank account confirmation letter
  • I have submitted screen shots 

I am so frustrated. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies

Re: No Resolution Since November 2022- Can't Select Account Type in Update Bank Details Section.

Etsy is notoriously rubbish at stuff like this,

there have been posts before, that savings and checking accounts can be the same number on paperwork, but have 2 digits on the end to differentiate them, so you may be missing the last two numbers.

I would personally open a checking account, and have it deposited there,

you can then move it to your savings account afterwards, if that's where you want it.

1 Like

Re: No Resolution Since November 2022- Can't Select Account Type in Update Bank Details Section.

I do have a checking account but I cannot select checking account on the Etsy Payment Settings - as mentioned in my post - the button does not allow me to click it, and whilst i'm able type in my account number and all other relevant information> I cannot select account type. 

0 Likes

open a savings one then

0 Likes

Have you tried a different browser or device? (I only ask because you don't mention you have).

0 Likes

Hi, as mentioned in post above; unable to select the "Checking" or Savings" account. The two buttons are not clickable under the Account Type. 

Trust me when I say I have tried Everything! Different browsers, different computers.
I just don’t want to lose my money by closing the shop / but nothing has worked and all Etsy tells me is that it sounds like an engineering issue.

0 Likes

@ShopScrewPerfection 

your shop says you are in South Africa,

only USA shops  should have the checking/savings button, is your shop set up as usa somehow, and therefore things aren't matching?

0 Likes

My shop has always been set for South Africa. I have always received my funds then it just stopped in September 2022. But thanks - I was unaware that this would be a different setting. Etsy must have done something on the back end.

0 Likes

International money laundering rules have changed, so etsy needs more ID, and does more checks.

If you have something that says checking/savings account, somewhere you have USA set in the background

0 Likes

According to Etsy it is a requirement and the banking format for South Africa bank Account. This is the response I receive from Etsy since last year 2022 - " After a thorough check on your account and based on the information you’ve shared with us, it sounds like you’re experiencing an issue that our engineering team is currently looking into. I’ve added all of the details from this ticket to their ongoing investigation so they have more information to work with- its now been more than 8 months - with NO Real assistance in sight. 

1 Like
AzuPops
Inspiration Seeker

NRe: No Resolution Since November 2022- Can't Select Account Type in Update Bank Details Section.

i am having the same issue for months now, and with no help frpm etsy, I HAVE NOT RECEIVE MY DEPOSITS SINCE THEN. Etsy help is useless, they keep saying the same thing to me too, that their technical team is working on that. in the meanwhile, i had tu put my store on vacation mode an lost sales, no one cares, i am still waiting for my money.

1 Like

This has got to be a joke... I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I need to change my payment account because I am changing banks, I no longer have my old card and my funds will be automatically deposited in a week. It looks like I'm going to lose an entire month of my sales thanks to incompetent levels. For me, it's been 5 weeks since my first email, and guess what... I got the exact same automated response as you

1 Like

It’s beyond  frustrating. I have since put my shop on vacation mode. Etsy provides No Real Support to  Sellers. 

0 Likes
AzuPops
Inspiration Seeker

I  am with the same issue since may 2023, same answers and no solution yet, had to put my store in vacation mode and lost sales,   it is so frustrating !

2 Likes
SVGRox
Conversation Maker

The main thing that seems to be lacking is customer service from Etsy, it wouldn't take long to resolve or if not possible to refund customers deposits?

1 Like
Former_Member
Not applicable

I'm currently experiencing the same problem. I'm from South Africa as well and also can't select my bank account type. I've worked sooo hard to get my few sales. It's not a lot of money but to just see all that work turn to dust is so disheartening. But there HAS to be a solution, right? I wonder whether it would help to just start all over again with a new email address? Just scrap the store and resign-up to Etsy? But I'm scared I'll get that same issue anyway and not be able to get started at all. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.