I'm pretty sure support tickets are private between the buyer/seller and Etsy. Being this the case... I opened my shop not even a month ago, in 2 weeks time had my first sale and after the first sale Etsy put my account on holiday mode because they need to verify my ID. 

This happened 10 days ago and 8 days ago I opened a support ticket asking how long this will take and that I found it unfair to wait for my very first sale to basically block my shop from selling for something they had more than enough time to verify beforehand. 

I've had a couple of replies from an actual human after the typical automatic message, I did all that was requested and I'm still waiting after these 10 days for something to be done. In the last 7 days I've had no replies from Etsy, nobody came back to me at all regardless of me adding 7 more comments on this ticket in the meantime, one of the comments containing my national ID, driver licence and bank card front (only last 4 numbers visible) as I thought this could speed up the process.

Curiously today, after 7 days without any communication from Etsy, someone replies to my ticket saying just this: "Hi, Any updates on this request?"

I found this to be a very poor joke in all honesty as I've been waiting for what seems to be forever and added 7 comments with no reply before this... Anyway, I replied back saying that on my side all is done and I'm still waiting for ID verification. And THIS is the reply I get:

"I just decided to just close my would be shop seeing as it took this long for this issue and its still not resolved. This seems to be a consistent issue with other people as well and the lack of support and effort on Etsy side to find the root cause why this keeps happening is disappointing. I dont want to put my business in the hands of these kind of people."

Good to remember this is a support ticket when you press "Contact Etsy Support", not a community post like the one I'm writing right now. How on EARTH does this happen? I'd really appreciate some feedback from whoever it may be that has more insight on this and what would be the best steps going forward.

Re: Breach on my personal data by Etsy?

@InTheBeginningArtz   Hope you get some answers, and are able to resolve it.  The whole situation sounds very bizarre. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Yep... She sent a screenshot of an email from Etsy Support (the ones you receive once you add or receive a comment on the ticket) which states:

"You are registered as CC on request #(number)".

She can also see comments on the ticket from 8 days old which means she can see my personal documents... Just wow.

1 Like

@ModJuan 

Please look into this. 

2 Likes

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

so when you check your support request here:

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests?segment=selling

the other sellers responses are appearing there with yours and etsys?

1 Like

Yes. The person was added (CCed) to my ticket... And she just confirmed she has access to my personal documents on the ticket.

2 Likes

Oh wow. That's all I can say. I remember the one mentioned above where two sellers were in each other's accounts to their great confusion. This is not the same thing, it is an error on the part of the support staff? Or is it an AI error? Whatever, it needs to be fixed ASAP!

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.