I received an email from Etsy stating that Plaid was not able to verify my bank account and I needed to re-enter my banking info. However, when I try to do so nothing happens when I click the 're-enter bank details' button. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I've used the same bank/accounts for many years, not sure why there would be an issue in the first place. 

Re: Bank Account Verification

Jump to solution

Hmm - I also use Chase. Am now wondering if this is an issue with Chase users specifically? 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

Jump to solution

Small update/FYI - looks like my most recent payment from Etsy cleared yesterday (usual day) with no issues. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yeah I had a payment Monday deposit with no issues.  But I am a little concerned about it being bank specific, but not enough to go on yet.  I think I'm just going to hold off until tomorrow and see if we get more info.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Not just Chase, I have TD

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Has anyone found a way to re-enter their bank details yet? I thought I received the email in error (I took care of linking my bank account a long time ago and hadn't had any issues since), but I checked my payment info and my account shows Plaid is no longer linked. Trying to get this updated ASAP, but the link to Plaid via Etsy doesn't work at all. Sheesh!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It seems like only Etsy through CS can reset it so you can re-enter, but I think it might delay funds for 5 days, from what I saw someone else say.  But I'm not entirely sure since Etsy hasn't responded yet.

0 Likes
ChangeandCharms
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Try chatting with Etsy. I am waiting now. I am just going to redo this. I heard they can reset it for you so you can re enter in the info. 

0 Likes
Balebagshop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Until now I have this problem.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm having a same issue! I sent an email to support. I also never changed anything, so I don't know why it's suddenly an issue. 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution
5 Likes
FrogLevelBranch
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Why are we having to do this is question? "new banking regulations and money laundering laws". What exactly does that have to do with my account that hasn't changed in 2.8 years. 

Etsy, has my name, my ssn, my bank account. It even told me my name didn't match what's listed on my bank account so they're querying it 

Etsay already as all the information , verify it. 

0 Likes
JunkWonders
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I just finished my chat. First she told me she could see that my bank info was not verified, but she would be happy to "terminate my current Plaid session". I explained the situation, the forum posts, the forum update from CS, etc. Her final response was:

"Got it. instead of terminating the plaid session. I think it would be best to leave the concern with our engineering team. Since  our engineering team is already working on resolving it as quickly as possible. I’ve added your report to our investigation and you’ll receive an update via email once this situation has been corrected or we have more information to share."

Chat does not seem to be updated on this yet. Everyone is still getting different answers. I'll just keep an eye on the forum post.

3 Likes
JunkWonders
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I just received a follow up email from a different person. Totally different response. 

It seems our accounts are still verified. I hope so.

"Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out about the email you recently received titled "We couldn’t verify your bank account information"

At this time, I can see that your bank account has been verified so please disregard the email. Our engineers are currently investigating what's caused you to receive this email and are working to have this corrected as soon as possible.

If there's any helpful updates while the team works, we'll be sure to let you know via this thread. If not, you'll receive an update once the issue has been corrected."

2 Likes

Jump to solution

If you go to your payment settings page does it still have the button asking you to re-enter your info? I still have the button as well as some text stating they were not able to verify my info. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Wait so did yall give plaid your bank info, and now it's saying "can't verify"?...

That has alarm bells to me. 

0 Likes
QueenBe
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Same problem here. This is SO frustrating, especially since there was nothing wrong with the system the way it has been for years. 

3 Likes
BobbinByTheSea
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same thing...bank notification email led to the process of finding out what this is about.  When I read the 'Disclosure Agreement' with Plaid, it's actually scary.  You turn over any and all information regarding your personal bank account.  Account number, Balances, (past/present), Deposits, Withdrawals, Checks, etc.  That's more a little out of spectrum of 'Verification of Bank Account'.  Are they the new investigative team for the IRS?  What the heck.  Anyway, tried so many times to get in touch with Etsy to get the 2 small deposits done and can't get through.  Left message after message and nothing happens.  DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET IN TOUCH WITH ETSY?  THEY'RE M.I.A. (MISSION IN ACTION).

6 Likes

Jump to solution

This is not the only site doing this. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

That's exactly my concern. So I checked into it and The plaid headquarters was in the same building as the IRS in San Fran. 

0 Likes
leirincrafts
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Yes, this problem is happening for me too. I swear I input all the banking info accurately about a week ago when they asked for it but have been sent today a message stating they weren't able to verify me. But when I go to payment settings and press the button to begin re-verifying, nothing happens at all.

And besides that I have my privacy concerns with a service that wants my banking password...a service that recently lost a class-action lawsuit over privacy breach. I do not like this.

6 Likes

Jump to solution

I inputted my information for my account that's been on Etsy for over 8 years (WTH).  Anyway, I have a message stating Plaid is verifying the information and it will take 3-5 days.  It's been over 7....and payments are "stuck" and won't be released until verified.  I think this is a big glitch that Etsy needs to address right away.  Not being paid, is a BIG issue.  

I called Etsy and they said Etsy is aware.  They better hurry, this is very frustrating.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I also tried several times my bank to connect via Plaid, however, since I read on social media forum to do it MANUALLY. Prior to this forced "requirement", the payments worked pretty well. However, I spent so much time and it's not working! And I do have the correct routing and account #. Right now I have a dilema, should I just put my store on hold and look at Etsy alternatives? If I'm not going to be paid, then why should I even use Etsy to sell my stuff? 

What are you all going to do? Why Etsy admins are not responding to this essential concern? I got to post on other social media about this issue and alert everyone about this fundamental issue .... 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yup, it is happening to me too and I am slightly glad it isn't just me because hopefully this problem will be solved! I already verified it weeks ago, which they have you log into your bank, so I am not too sure why they couldn't verify it? 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

SAME!!!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy knows about this SNAFU.  See this pinned thread in this Tech Issues section. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.