Bank Account Verification

Jump to solution

I received an email from Etsy stating that Plaid was not able to verify my bank account and I needed to re-enter my banking info. However, when I try to do so nothing happens when I click the 're-enter bank details' button. Is anyone else having this problem? Also, I've used the same bank/accounts for many years, not sure why there would be an issue in the first place. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
26 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Bank Account Verification

Jump to solution
5 Likes
152 Replies

Jump to solution

Yes, I am having the same exact issue and I don't know what to do.  I'm afraid I'm going to mess it up and then I'm weeks out without getting paid.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with my bank account - it's mine and it's been in here for years now.

8 Likes

Jump to solution

Can anyone tell me how to verify the account manually? Im putting in the correct account number, but its telling its not correct... cant find how to manually do this! its maddening!!

6 Likes
ImagozaZ1fashion
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here! Same account form years.
In help section:
It says a manual way on the page- just click- of course there is no such button.
And no way i know to contact etsy.
Help says... We’ll connect you with the type of support that’s the best fit for your specific question: chat, phone, or email.
And offers none of these now days that i can find. 
Frustrating! 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm putting in the correct account number, but it's telling isn't correct. I still have the banner telling me that I can no longer receive funds from sales.

This is frustrating.

Please, please can someone help me out? 

Thanks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Ugh, same here!

3 Likes

Jump to solution

same. I had already done this, so why do we need to do it again??

7 Likes

Jump to solution

@DeeanasDesigns: I suspect that the continual changes in applicable laws, this may eventually become an *annual* event.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have done it now several times and I just keep more emails. Now 4 days away. I don’t know what to do and Etsy doesn’t seem to care.

0 Likes
Lexalion
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

YES I'm experiencing the same exact thing!  When I click the button to re-enter bank details, nothing happens.  And, of course, I can't reach anyone at etsy to fix this issue.  I really can't afford to not receive my funds.

4 Likes
ImagozaZ1fashion
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same 

They say a manual offered-say button right there. i cant find it. LOL
Its like their software is a mess...and no way to call chat or email that i have found now. That has changed as well. 

Send anything if you find a solution please.

1 Like

Jump to solution

It sounds like there may be a glitch of some sort - I am also very frustrated as I have used an account with a major bank for a long time and I thought I had already jumped through this new hoop! 

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Same! Annoying.

1 Like
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@BadChollaVintage  does this mean you already had done the verification process with Plaid? If so, did you do the automatic or the manual process? I'm wondering because we just received the notice that our verification needs to be done and I'm wondering how this will go or not go.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I did the automatic process at least a week ago (not entirely sure when exactly) and it appeared to go through without issues. Today I received an email saying they couldn't verify my info and I needed to re-enter it. However, there doesn't appear to be a functional way to do that. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I also just got the notice today and thought I'd pop over and see if there were any issues before I did it.  I had planned on doing the manual process, but before I did it, I did request an immediate payout  for all the money in my payment account in case there was a chance it would lock up my funds for a while.  

4 Likes
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@thevintagelot  yes you do want to request a payout before doing anything with the verification. I did that yesterday and I'm glad I did because as I went through the request to do the manual verification today, it said that funds would not be available for payout again until after the verification process goes through. Since I have to wait 3-5 days for the deposits and then enter those, it will likely be at least a week minimum before the verification process is complete and that is if there are no issues with receiving and reporting the two tiny deposits from Etsy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@BirdsongEmporium 

I went thru the verification process about this time last night. I got the same exact messages as you--but the deposits were there today and I just finished entering them (this was my other shop)  and voila! Done--in about 24 hours.  If you have moved your money , if I were you, I would go ahead and  try verifying.  I have to do this shop yet but wanted to make sure how things worked first as this is my biggest, best selling shop and did not want to "ooof".

1 Like
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ThePurplePuppy  well I wish it would be that quick but likely it won't be. Our business bank account does not update things in real to the minute time. Whenever we have a deposit from Etsy it does not show up before the next business day and then it only shows as pending. So it takes 2-3 business days before it actually is recorded by the bank as being in the account.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@BirdsongEmporium 

Our little local bank that I use is exactly the same as yours--ALWAYS but for some reason this went right thru!  Might be worth a try if your money has emptied out!

1 Like
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ThePurplePuppy  thanks for that suggestion. I checked and surprisingly both the deposits and the withdrawals of both deposits are pending. If I had not checked right now, I'm not sure if they would have showed tomorrow since they might just cancel each other out in the pending phase and not show up at all as going through to the account. So I have now got our Etsy bank account verified. Again, since it has already been verified for years.  

I am wondering if the automatic deposit and withdrawal going together could be why some sellers are reporting not seeing the deposits. If they don't catch it in pending does it ever create a record? I know with our personal bank account it would not. Not sure with the business bank account as I've not seen anything like this before there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@BirdsongEmporium 

Mine was the same way--it showed both the deposits and the withdrawals and this was not pending--it had already happened in the account so yes, it does show.

I did see  that a LOT  of those having problems used Chase Bank so perhaps it i a problem with the bank used. 

No way to tell when Etsy goes sideways!

1 Like
BirdsongEmporium
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@ThePurplePuppy  I guess it depends on the bank but if something is reversed while it is pending for our personal bank, there is never a record of it recorded on the acount because it never made it out of pending. I'm not sure how our business bank account deals with that since I've not had this situation there before.

ETA I've got two more Etsy accounts to see about verifying the banking again. So it is good to know to check right away because that is not usual with our business bank to show things so quickly. Both are in vacation mode and I'm uncertain whether we will open them again or not but if we don't verify that takes the choice out of our hands.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I have dove it both ways. Got a screenshot once saying my account t was now connected but that’s it and still getting the same emails. I guess we will all get shut down and I have now shipped 550$ in product out and not going to get paid for it.

0 Likes
DabooDesignsLLC
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Same here

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.