GUSFREE
Post Crafter

BUYERS CANNOT ADD ITEMS TO THEIR CART

The last 10 days i took many similar messages like this

***Hi, I’m trying to order this, but once it gets in my cart, it’s making me choose “options” and I already have. I just want to buy. Thanks.***

Please i want help

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
21 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: BUYERS CANNOT ADD ITEMS TO THEIR CART

I heard this is a problem with the Etsy app. Customers should contact Etsy Support and report it.

They can also try ordering via the website on a browser.

3 Likes

SOLUTION!!

I had this issue when I updated all of my variations using desktop and had no idea until a customer contacted me later that night to say they were having the issue you're having when trying to buy using the app. I did some experimenting and found that using the desktop version of etsy was fine with no problems at checkout but if I tried buying using the app it was telling me to choose options during checkout - it took me ages to work it out but I found a way around it by using the etsy app and opening every listing to edit and then saving it again but in the app rather than desktop (I can't remember if I used the etsy app or sell on etsy app so try both).

The above seemed to fix it and I was so grateful to my customer for letting me know otherwise it could've been days before I noticed and lots of lost sales Just leaving this here in case anyone else encounters the same problem and can't fins a solution!

10 Likes

Thank you so much! I just encounter the same issue!  

1 Like

Oh my, if this is really the issue, I bet we have a case for a class-action. Unbelievable.

1 Like

I tried this with a customer with one of my listings and it did not work.

0 Likes
MsLadieClairellc
Inspiration Seeker

•  
0 Likes

Yes, had a customer that  could not order from app, had to switch to laptop.  Hope this isn't hurting sales.

0 Likes
DesignedHope
Inspiration Seeker

Having this ongoing issue a few customers messaging me. But how many didn't message and just moved on?

5 Likes
PaperPenguinCo
Inspiration Seeker

I'm seeing this issue as well and have been contacted by at least 4 customers unable to check out this morning. I've been redirecting them to the website. Etsy, any ETA on the fix for the mobile app?

3 Likes

I too started getting a handful of messages from customers the past 10 days saying they can't get the items into their cart, they're being asked to choose options even though they've already chosen them. I too am grateful for the customers who are reaching out to me

Tell your customers to make their purchases through the website in a browser, either on phone or computer, and that works.

I have never gotten messages from customers before. Etsy did something in their app and now there's a serious issue.

Etsy told me to tell my customers to uninstall and reinstall the app they are using and that will fix the problem. My customer this morning wrote back and said it did NOT work. My other customers said making their purchases through the website worked.

I've found in past posts this has been going on at least since February 2022. And when I contacted Etsy they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. They assumed it was a problem I was having and asked me to send them a screenshot of the listing in question. I told them this is my CUSTOMERS experiencing this bug not being able to add the item(s) to their cart, and she went blank on me. Haven't heard anything since.

This problem is HUGE and Etsy should be escalating this technical issue to the top. Where is the technical team on this?? 

The only hope is I read in this thread the seller who edited her listings within the app itself and resaved them, then it worked. I'm going to try that and see if I get any more messages from customers. Problem is I can't see if it works or not. How to test it??! As an ex-developer this is a horrible way to go about identifying the point of issue. I have nearly 800 listings...this will take me forever. 

0 Likes

Editing and resaving 1400 listings is a little much to do when their freaking app should be working... Oh well. It's just lost money...

0 Likes

after editing/saving your listings from the app, sign out of the app and continueas a guest and you’ll be able to see your basket and “checkout”

0 Likes

This is happening to me also.  One thing that I did was to  have the customer remove the item from their cart.  I then sent them a link to another listing for the same item.  They clicked on it and they were able to complete their purchase.

I also posted about this issue this morning as I didn't see a thread was already started.  Hopefully ETSY addresses it soon.

0 Likes

Well the problem my customers are having is that they can't add the item to their cart. It keeps asking them to choose options that they already chose.

0 Likes

I have not had any messages from customers but just went ahead and checked both my stores out using another persons phone. Maybe this is unrelated, or just me, but there is NO option to sign out as a guest. You usually get to the point of going to checkout and if you are not signed in it will ask you to sign in OR in smaller letters say "continue as guest". I'm not as experienced on the mobile app. Is this normal or has etsy screwed up the checkout? It sure would explain the utter lack of orders for the past 5 or 6 days since I am a rather high volume shop... Anyone know if this is an issue on the app?

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@RarePaperDetective when you say 'sign out as a guest' do you mean 'check out as a guest'? Just want to be clear as signing in/out is not possible for a guest.

0 Likes

Yes! Checkout as a guest...

0 Likes

This has been an issue for many months now. I guess it's just not a priority for them to fix it.
I now just apologize for the inconvenience, and ask them to order via a desktop/laptop instead of the app. (if they contact me) I've mentioned trying uninstalling/re-installing to a few, but it didn't work for them.
Pretty aggravating considering majority of my traffic are app users.

There's a new iOS update as well. I'm thinking that's turned the app [on apple devices] into a nightmare past couple days.

0 Likes

I just placed an order with options from my iPhone and had no problem.....

0 Likes

Having the same problems as yourself. 

Spent a few hours testing different ideas like jackdawbindery suggestions of editing/saving listings in the Etsy app, unfortunately that didn't work for me.

Tried various alterations to variations and other options to experiment but nothing worked short of removing the variations.  Tested this by logging out of the Etsy app and using it as a guest.

Just now tried the uninstall and reinstall Etsy app. Tested it with several listings and this has worked for me. No idea obviously if it works for others. 

I mass edited all my listings to ask customers to use a browser rather than app but it obscures my listing info and many don't read this. Will probably re edit tomorrow to include reinstalling the Etsy app

But how many customers will just give up instead of asking the seller?  It's extremely frustrating to be honest

1 Like

My customers are now messaging me saying the website is giving them the same error message, choose options they already chose. This is not just happening on the app. This is now spreading to the website.

Some customers are able to purchase just fine. So many others are not able to through the app or the website.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.