DesignsByOvi
Inspiration Seeker

Auto-renew is stuck on a wrong date

Jump to solution

Hello, 

I noticed I have 40+ listings who have an outdated date in the „Autorenews on” field.
What is the cause and what should I do?
For example:  „Auto-renews on: July 1 2022”

All those affected listings are active, some had sales, and also the numer or renewals is zero or very low.

Any idea or advice would be appreciated.
Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinkBirdCottage
Conversation Maker

Re: Auto-renew is stuck on a wrong date

Jump to solution

This is a known issue and you don't have to do anything. If you put your shop on vacation or otherwise deactivate one of those listing, you will need to activate and pay the .20 again for it to go live. Eventually it will deactivate on it's own by Etsy's doing.  

View solution in original post

1 Like
11 Replies
PinkBirdCottage
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is a known issue and you don't have to do anything. If you put your shop on vacation or otherwise deactivate one of those listing, you will need to activate and pay the .20 again for it to go live. Eventually it will deactivate on it's own by Etsy's doing.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

I have been trying to explain this to Etsy chats and emails since early December. They were said to have engineering working on it. My last correspondence was ignored so I gave up. I have around 150 with past dates still listed thankfully. I've explained to sort your listings by "expiring soonest" and you will see as I can't be the only one. I only noticed it Dec 2 and started communications. They fixed a couple of times manually but I've sent screen shots of all my listing affected multiple times and no one gets it. Actually 256 today are past dated active.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue, and I've noticed it happening many times in the last six months.  What I'm wondering now is if they are still active and searchable.... if the glitch affects this, how do I know the glitch is not affecting that also?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

did you ever get an resolution? This wrong date thing is scary. Am I being charged, am I not, double charged? They show up, but at what cost. Not to mention, WTH is going on>

1 Like
decotini
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Thank you for the advice, @DK VintageandBeyond. I did as you suggested and sorted my listed by "expiring soonest", and discovered that some of my active listings are set to expire in 2021!
I just don't understand all of the fluckery going on here of late, it is difficult to stay optimistic!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Me too on this one. I've got some listings a month out of date now. I did try an incognito search and had no trouble finding any of the listings. Man, I have been here since 2009 and I have never had so many different glitches at the same time. What in the world is going on (or coming down the pike)?

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes the whole site has been glitchy for me for weeks.  Showing the wrong photos in the wrong people's shops, and sometimes just showing blurry lines instead of photos.  I don't understand what they're doing....

3 Likes

Jump to solution

@CircaDesign  not here. Yesterday 510 listing of my 763 are dated in the past. All are on auto renew and complicated to figure out if charged or not but can see them all apparently. Dec 2 I started to inquire but chats and emails and now others are seeing the same. I really don't get why they haven't dealt with it.

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

They're too busy creating new half baked hoops (new app, new listing page, etc.) for sellers to jump through.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Please fix the incorrect renewal dates on my listings Etsy!!!

0 Likes
HouseOfGoldCo
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Indeed, I am concerned about how to know if I am being charged correctly each month. How would I know? Its a mess!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.