Is anyone working on the thumbnail pictures showing up as black, extra large or just blank?  This issue has been going on for days and no updates have been given.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Re: Any update on black thumbnail pictures?

It's Monday, Feb 21, and I am still having all of the above issues! What is happening??

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

More people are reporting this problem and nothing is being addressed.  Etsy does see Forum posts, so I'm sure they are aware of the increased number of posts about this very thing.  An Announcement would go a long way, acknowledging the problem and giving an estimate as to when it will be fixed.  And yet, silence.

ETA:  I realize every site has glitches, but I don't believe it's too much to ask to have a functioning site (which we pay fees to),  for both Sellers and Buyers.  And communication when things go amiss; not people trying various workarounds, because you know very well that Buyers are out there possibly viewing the same thing.

5 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

In this Thread (last page), Seller ZolaPepper said Etsy Support stated it was a known issue and they are taking it seriously.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/first-pictures-all-black-not-visible/m-p/141335365#M7...

An Announcement would be apprecitated.

2 Likes

I am having problems with several blank thumbnail photos.  Some are  best sellers.  I hope they can fix this soon.

1 Like

Some of mine are showing blank thumbnail photos too!

1 Like

I'm getting that too on some listings

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Thursday! It's still going on. I have a few blank listings in my shop view. The same listings appear blank when I find them in search view on both chrome & firefox. I mean I have a matched pair of framed painting listings, right beside each other. Created at the same time with much of the same details. One is there, the other is not. These are not new listings.

This is a joke! Is this another one of Etsy's glitches we will just have to live with & find our own workaround? Copy and paste and make a new listing? Will there be listing refunds for this? Will there be 100 free listings for us to use for our trouble and potential loss of sales?

0 Likes
MulherinLane
Conversation Maker

Etsy support emailed me yesterday saying the issue has been resolved but it has not been resolved. Today even more of my listing photos are being affected.

2 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

@MulherinLane I see 8 missing items in your shop. Crazy! Will you be clapping back at them and include screen shots of your listings in search view in different browsers? 

0 Likes

Happening to me as well and some are listings that have been up on the shop for a while, so it is not just newly added photos.

0 Likes
MulherinLane
Conversation Maker

@LastCentury  Yes I just replied to their email with new screenshots. Are you saying your are seeing 8 listings in my shop that have messed up photos? 

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

Yes, 8 listings missing & I slowed down scrolling through your shop to make sure they all had to time to populate their spaces. 

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@MulherinLane 

I checked the first 5 pgs. in your Shop.  Here are the ones in which I see colored squares and no item:
Pg. 1) Blue Willow Platter
Pg. 3) Crackle Squat Vase 
Pg. 4) White Beveled Frame Mat

(Desktop computer, Chrome, Windows 10)  

0 Likes

POSSIBLE SOLUTION/FIX. I think I may have found a way to fix my photo thumbnail listing so that they show up. See the following steps (scroll to bottom of page for all info):

1. Go to listing photo that is not showing up and click on it. Edit the listing. Click on the edit tab.

2. The photo that has the problem not being displayed is the first photo when you are editing that listing. Look at the thumbnail ADJUSTMENT  photo. I found that the adjustment photo is NOT displayed by the thumbnail adjustment "icon". Click on the adjustment icon tab. You will see the photo appear. Adjust the photo even if you don't

need to . Save your listing. Refresh your home page and go to the listing that wasn't displayed and you should see it. Volia. It worked for me. I hope it stays displayed.

0 Likes

I posted that a few days ago - but it's not a permanent fix, unfortunately. It looks like it is at the time, but several of the ones I fixed in this way have gone right back to being blurry, enlarged blobs again. 

I also noticed that from yesterday to today, some items had bad thumbnail shots, but are now fine; others that were fine yesterday, are not today. I don't think there's a rhyme or reason to which ones are being affected, or when they will be affected. I also don't think Etsy cares to fix it. 

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

@DazzlingAccents Well I gave that a go, it works, but time will tell what tomorrow will brings as @CatNipCollectibles mentioned... since they still have some blank listing images as well as one where it's just a blob. 

??? fingers crossed!

0 Likes

"Black square as thumbnail when creating new listing" Thread has admin asking for your info for Tech Support.

0 Likes

My listings were not being duplicated. I had about 5  original listing photos that were only showing a back or white listing photo when I scrolled through my shop, searches and on the edit thumbnail tap photo. Some photos were distorted if they were not showing black or white. I fixed them and they are good now. I hope the stay that way.

0 Likes

I did the following steps to fix my blank, white, black or distorted photos displayed and so far my shop isn't having any more display photo problems.

I think I may have found a way to fix my photo thumbnail listing so that they show up. See the following steps (scroll to bottom of page for all info):

1. Go to listing photo that is not showing up and click on it. Edit the listing. Click on the edit tab.

2. The photo that has the problem not being displayed is the first photo when you are editing that listing. Look at the thumbnail ADJUSTMENT  photo. I found that the adjustment photo is NOT displayed by the thumbnail adjustment "icon". Click on the adjustment icon tab. You will see the photo appear. Adjust the photo even if you don't

need to . Save your listing. Refresh your home page and go to the listing that wasn't displayed and you should see it. Volia. It worked for me. I hope it stays displayed.

0 Likes

0 Likes
MulherinLane
Conversation Maker

@ChillwolfArt  Thank you for taking the time to look. Funny thing is those ones you mentioned are showing on my ends but 8 other different listings are showing blank images. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@MulherinLane   You're Welcome.  See that's the weird thing.  We're not seeing the same ones (those with blank images).  So we can only imagine what potential Buyers are viewing.

0 Likes

I looked at your shop. I see the listings you mentioned and more. Did you try and adjust each thumbnail photo that is blank, white or black that you see in your shop? If not, edit the listing and click on the "photo adjustment tab" and readjust photo even if you see it or not adjust it anyway. See if it will fix the problems that you see.

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

i see blank images all over the place.

not in my shop yet but in just about every other shop.

just...blank.

etsy really needs to fix this issue.

sellers should not have to use work-arounds for it.

3 Likes

Yes, I agree with you. We should not have to use work-arounds. However, I'm happy that I fixed my blank listings. So far the fix is  holding and I haven't seen any additional black, white or distorted thumbnails. Hopefully technical services will resolve the system problem.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.