Is anyone working on the thumbnail pictures showing up as black, extra large or just blank?  This issue has been going on for days and no updates have been given.

Please advise as soon as possible.

Re: Any update on black thumbnail pictures?

I had several as well.  I edited all of them and readjusted the pictures and moved some around and everything was saved. fingers crossed.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I tried the "photo adjustment" tab edit to eliminate the blank photo thumbnails several weeks ago and it worked for me. I'd like to find out if this edit works for you as well long term. I believe if it holds your thumbnail photos (like it has mine) in place then maybe that's the fix. It would seem that Etsy may not want to write a program to adjust thumbnail photos because there are so many thumbnail variations (i.e. blank, gray, distorted, zoomed in, etc.). It may be left to the shop owners to fix themselves if this edit photo adjustment method holds and works. Just a thought.

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@theprincessandpea   I'm not seeing any blank squares in your Shop *(Desktop computer, Chrome)

@DazzlingAccents   I don't see any blank squares in your Shop either.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Brilliant fix for this problem by Seller @DazzlingAccents 

"I readjusted each of my photos by editing each listing, clicking on the "adjust thumbnail", readjusted photo no matter what I saw, saved the listing, refreshed home and the photos all look good. The edit worked and I haven't had any issue with those or any other thumbnails to date and hope I don't in the future."

Mind you, Etsy needs to step up and help Sellers who are experiencing the photo problem. Also Communication goes a long way.  But in the meantime, this fix from DazzlingAccents is brilliant.  

3 Likes

@DazzlingAccents

I'll give that a try.  Many thanks.

UPDATED to say, it's worked!  Long may it last.  ; - )

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.