Okay, I have a confession...I'm still using Picasa to edit my listing photos. I know, Picasa was ended yonks ago, and there are loads of other photo editing programs out there, but I have tried so many and I just can't find one that works for me. I always seem to end up back with comfy cozy Picasa, doing all the little tasks I need to do with my photos quickly and easily. The problem is that since it's an old program, pixel sizes of my edited and exported photos are reduced to a point where Etsy doesn't like them (this is my very non-technical understanding of the problem) and it seems to be affecting my SEO. Are there any other former Picasa addicts out there who've successfully broken the habit? My go-to edits are soft focus (blurred edges that highlight my jewelry), spot correction (an amazing little eraser) and "add text", so I can add my name- surprisingly it seems like a lot of editing programs don't include these. 

I'm totally overwhelmed by all of the options out there, and since you have to pay up front for many of them it's a gamble as to whether they'll work for me. I do most of my work on a Windows desktop computer. Any help or suggestions would be really appreciated! 

GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Re: Any suggestions for a good photo editor?

I use Gimp and irfanview, both are free.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
SanctuaryofSouls
Inspiration Seeker

I use Gimp 2.10.4.  I find it easy to use plus it's free.

0 Likes

It also still takes like 15 steps just to stroke text. in 2024 no less. You also need to install plugins to do basic stuff. Done trying any updates for that free program.

0 Likes

I dont seem to have any problems with my pics here. I just take them with my Android and put them on my Laptop. I look them over and upload them. They seem to look good on the site when I view them.

I sell vintage and try to make the pics look good in natural light.

Course I'm always trying to learn more, just to make sure I'm making Etsy happy. With my sales so low now I want to make sure.

1 Like

Adobe Lightroom - the best on the market and continues to improve with options great for editing pictures.

1 Like

The free photo editor ( Microsoft?) that was on my computer when I bought it is very similar to old Picasa. If you "got" picasa you'd "get" this. Not sure it has a name and I don't know if you can free download it someplace. So I am of zero help.. Maybe Google Microsoft Windows free photo editor? (I looked  looked like there are a couple downloads depending on PC or Windows 10/11 etc. but they are there)

1 Like

if anything, use Paint.net -- not Paint. No, that isnt a URL. that is the name of the open source program. google it. it's free and loads fast. But if you dont want to pay for Photoshop, just use the free Photopea. Google that too.

0 Likes
pHashIONpassION
Conversation Maker

There's lot's of helpful information here...thanks to everyone who shared.

1 Like

I use Photoshop mainly, but If you got a quick job to do, this one is designed almost exactly, runs in your browser (PC) and loads far quicker. Not sure if there is a phone app.

https://www.photopea.com/

1 Like

I use Adobe Photoshop, and Macromedia fireworks for my banners / graphics. I know Fireworks was discontinued a while ago, but I love it for what I need to do.

If I need to edit photos with my phone camera, my Samsung photo app works just fine for that.

0 Likes

Fireworks? I thought that was long gone. Anyway, I'm not sure my link posted, but it's called Photopea. And anyone will tell you, it is the best alternative to Photoshop, period.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.