As of a couple days ago, I had many of my shop's items in people's carts. Several of my items were in 15 to 20+ carts. I would check this almost daily. 

Suddenly, overnight, all of my items are no longer in people's carts. It would be understandable if the numbers danced around a little bit. Someone removes an item, someone adds it, your numbers fluctuate a bit. But even my items that were in 20+ people's carts are no longer there. It shows no one has them in cart now. And again, this was a drastic change overnight.

So, I'm wondering if this is some technical issue, if this is even accurate, if I should trust it... does Etsy remove your items from carts after a certain amount of time sitting there??

This feels unfair. I know seeing items in a lot of carts 

Anyone have this happen to them? Any insight would be appreciated.

Re: All of my items in people's carts disappeared overnight

Was watching out for these numbers myself. And probably for big shops that does not matter and it is a "useless" function, I really did like it. Myself I often like to put items in the cart for the final check to compare and may be thinking of the final cart for a week before I make a decision. So I guess some other ones like me may be around, so why not to have the hopes for the "## people have it in their cart" metric? Zeroed for me few days back as well....

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

I just came to the forums to see if any one else had posted about this. Only listings that showed they were in over 20 buyers carts disappeared from my shop today, all others remained the same.

2 Likes

@1Onehepcatvintage: If you are referring to the "message" under a listing, yes it is replaced by the sale message. But there is also no information from Etsy as to how current, accurate, or complete the "in people's carts" message is. It is intended as a nudge for buyers, not information for sellers. Also many people keep items in their cart for reasons other than any intention to actually purchase that item.

0 Likes

I think each listing have 3 line items underneath format: 1st line is the title, 2nd is the price, and last is the shipping.  If you run a sale, one of those lines will be replaced by the sale ad. 

0 Likes

I had the same issue. There was about 50 -100 people who had it in the cart and suddenly 0 overnight. 

1 Like

I am dealing with thos right now too. However the etsy moving them out of carts after a period of time does not make sense because they were added to carts over a course of 2 weeks from 7 carts climbing to 18 carts, over the course of 2 weeks.. so it's not possible they all reached the 30 day mark on the same day . 

0 Likes

I know. Etsy hates it's seller

0 Likes

@SacredartPeru @NorthernRocksCo : You are assuming that the the count of how many carts an item is in is accurate, timely, and that all listings which are in someone's cart will show that information. It is just as likely that your listing is still in 50 carts but Etsy has just decided to stop displaying the buyer's nudge for that listing.

1 Like

Oh okay this makes sence! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wisdom with me. I'm only a few months into Etsy, and not the greatest at technology as it is. I appreciate your response!

0 Likes
AtBirchHill
Inspiration Seeker

This happens to me consistently.  I've read that they like to say that after 30 days  they move them to "Save for Later" but that doesn't make sense to me since not everyone removed has had it in their carts for 30 days.  What's confusing is that you can't seem to get an honest answer as to why its done...which indicates to me that there possibly is no honest answer.  Some tell you that customers just empty their carts.  Others say that carts are emptied after its been in carts after 30 days, (which only makes sense if everyone puts it in their cart on the same day, which we know isn't happening).  Here's a thought.  What's the first thing you do when you see that your items are no longer in customer's carts?  Do you run more ads to get them back?  I know it's my first thought.  Good luck with this.  It's been happening and will continue to happen, and it's not likely that we'll be getting an honest answer, or an answer that even makes sense, anytime soon.  

1 Like

Hi, and thank you for your response, I never thought about that, however now that you mention it, I think that makes more sense than other possible explanations! Your Candles are stunning BTW  

0 Likes
TadaaShopDE
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: All of my items in people's carts disappeared overnight

It is just a number to boost interest in your products in buyers. You'll recognize that that number will gain +1 when somebody buys it. And that +1 will stay until the next clearance. So if 5 people bought it in the last days (and therefore had to put it in their cart) the number will show (at least) "5" - but that actually doesn't mean that it is in any cart of future possible buyers. I'm pretty sure about that bc I've recognized it constantly. And after a period of time it'll get cleared and you have to build up that number again via sales - and maybe via actual people who have it laying around in their cart. About that I don't know.
So it is more - or at least part - of how many people have bought it in the recent past.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.