RandhawaTraders
Inspiration Seeker

Alert From Scamming

I was Faced Scam, Few days Ago of 200£  and Now I Find Out Scammer ID So what I do???

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Alert From Scamming

report it to the police

Contact the cybercrime department of the police in your country and if you know the country of the scammer do the same there

0 Likes
RandhawaTraders
Inspiration Seeker

But I wanna Solution From Etsy site because it is priority of etsy

0 Likes

Etsy can only help with transactions that occur on their site. If you followed a link to another site, then they can't help you. 

They can't stop people from messaging you with these links. They're trying, but their programming is instead filtering out legit messages (because they're not known for their programming skills). 

They have added warnings to your inbox trying to tell you that the messages are coming from buyer accounts and not them, and have shared how to protect yourself. 

1 Like

No it is not.

There is a warning in messenger (just above the space you type) 

To stay protected, stay on Etsy. Never follow links to other sites, and don’t share contact, account, or financial info with anyone in Messages. Learn how to spot spam.

They can not do anything, your bank can not do anything.. you need to report it to the police as you interacted and provided information freely 

0 Likes

Also, notify your bank or credit card company whichever you gave them

0 Likes

your shop says you are in London, you have none of the legal policies required, and you ship your 26 different piece handmade stainless steel nail clipping set from Pakistan

there are scammers everywhere, everyone should report fraud to their authorities, I am sure police actionfraud in the UK will be happy to hear from you 

3 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.