Tovcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Account was limited by Etsy. How long it be?

Jump to solution

Hello to everyone who is reading. My account has been restricted due to messages to customers in order to obtain data for personalization of goods that they did not specify... (I already know that I should have contacted via e-mail). But because of this restriction, I can't respond to customers. So my question is this. How long will this restriction last? I got it around February 25. Does anyone have an answer? I have already written to support many times, but I have no result.
I will be waiting for the answer with impatience!
Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Account was limited by Etsy. How long it be?

Jump to solution

no one knows, as there is no fixed time.

So no one can tell you.

Some sellers had it returned after 3 weeks, some are still waiting 3 months later.

Spamming is illegal in many countries, so it all depends on what you used your messenger for, only you and Etsy know this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies

Jump to solution

Etsy will limit your messaging if they think you have been spamming. When you contact buyers, are you sending the same (or very similar) wording? Etsy will consider you are sending the same message. You should only email actual buyers and really only need to do so once. Ask them for the relevant information and give them a time frame to respond or you will cancel their order. 

You should have buyers' email address on their order. Use that to contact them until Etsy gives you back your messaging ability.

1 Like
Tovcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I understand all this, I have read more than one thread about it on the forum. But my main question was how long will the restriction last?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@Tovcraft it lasts as long as Etsy wants. Some sellers have been muted for up to 2 weeks

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Sellers who have been banned from their messenger have reported that this could be several weeks or several months, depending on the severity of the rule breaking. There is no time limit for when the ability is returned to you, Etsy decides so you will just have to wait.

0 Likes
Tovcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

So I understand that Etsy doesn't specify how long the restriction will last. And there is only the experience of other sellers who have faced this problem and only they can tell how long the blocking will last? Is that right?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

no one knows, as there is no fixed time.

So no one can tell you.

Some sellers had it returned after 3 weeks, some are still waiting 3 months later.

Spamming is illegal in many countries, so it all depends on what you used your messenger for, only you and Etsy know this.

0 Likes
Tovcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I see, thank you. I'm surprised there's no mention of a time frame. Thank you anyway!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@Tovcraft maybe you could add a message to your announcement for customers who purchase, that you will contact them via email for their personalisation details as your messenger is currently having issues.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.