A Star Seller Forum?

The first page is full of Star Seller seller issues in the technical forum and it isn't even the first of the month! A special forum to post Star Seller seller issues would be helpful to streamline the Technical Issues forum while helping sellers easily find the answers to the questions that have been answered many times but spread out in several of the forums.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
13 Replies

Re: A Star Seller Forum?

Better suggestion - how 'bout Etsy ditch the whole kit & kaboodle?

25 Likes

They can take the PPP with it to throw out the window too....?

5 Likes

If nothing else, maybe Etsy needs to edit this article: 
https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403058372503-How-to-Become-a-Star-Seller?segment=selling

In a highlighted banner it reads: 
"Etsy Support can’t make changes to your Star Seller data or manually award Star Seller badges. If you think your Star Seller score was calculated incorrectly, you can let us know in the Technical Issues forum."

3 Likes

Interesting to know. LOL. Well, I'll get my foot out of my mouth. It's such a big problem that perhaps Etsy should create a new forum with a specific topic like they have for "shop critiques" to help those who need help for one specific topic. (edited)

2 Likes

@YarnShop4U  - That blurb has been in the article forever. I don't know why they haven't "fixed" it. Maybe even Etsy staff has trouble trying to wade thru their maze of articles, lol?

But yes, at times it would be nice to see a Forum for the Star Seller Program. It actually might reduce the number of threads since the most common questions have been answered (messaging, updating). Trying to search the forums is such a pain & often the titles OP's use come with an "air of mystery". 

1 Like

@JMOldeVintage 

Oh, you are so NOT joking there!

I was once shamed by a "higher up" that I had asked about an issue that was already discussed the prior week.     I used the forum search but didn't find anything - when they sent the link (which was indeed full of useful info) the forum post title was something obscure like "inside of my brain thoughts".

Ha - yeah, that's why it didn't pop up on my technical issue search.

2 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@YarnShop4U       LOL... You say:

It's such a big problem that perhaps Etsy should create a new forum with a specific topic like "shop critiques" to help those who need help for one specific topic.

There is a "Shop Critiques" section. Do you not see it in the drop down? 

0 Likes

Yes, I was using "shop critiques" as a reference to a specific topic forum that already exists. I was suggesting that Etsy add a new forum for Star Seller Issues.

1 Like
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

Wait for all the ‘Star seller calculated incorrectly’ and ‘Etsy unfairly took my my star seller badge’ posts tomorrow! Yes I think we need a special thread for it all- my suggestion is that new thread is kept in a big hole in the back yard. 

0 Likes

I know! I popped in just to see what was going on and literally 10 out of the 20 posts in the first 2 pages were SS woes then I realized it wasn't even the first of the month yet!!

1 Like

The star seller system is fundamentally flawed. The way to fix something that is fundamentally flawed is to start over.

It's unlikely that Etsy will start over so I recommend renaming the system 'Lucky Seller Program' and renaming the badges to 'Lucky to live in a country with affordable tracking and lucky the carriers came through', 'Lucky to have appreciative customers', 'Responds to messages quickly and/or knows the rules of the game'.

0 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Amen to that!

0 Likes
TinTeddy
Community Maker

If Etsy were to create a forum subsection for Star Seller issues, that would be their admitting it does cause a lot of issues. And I can't see them wanting to do that.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.