62 Listings Pages are MISSING! For all the shops with slow sales - THIS MIGHT BE THE REASON WHY

Jump to solution

I had no idea this was happening until I checked the forums this morning - so please check your shops!  It seems to be ok on desktop, but check on mobile devices (not using the Etsy app).  On your homepage scroll down to go to the next page of your listings.  We have 73 pages of listings.  You may find, like us and many others, that pages start skipping.  For example: Page 1, 2, 3 (skips 4), 5, (skips 6), 7 (skips 8, 9), 10 (skips 11, 12, 13), 14 (skips 15-18), 19 (skips 20 - 25), 26 (skips 27 - 34) 35 (skips 35 - 46), 47 (skips 48 - 62) and then no more show after this and the numbers start counting down backwards showing "page 85 of 73", "page 97 of 73"...and so on

This means that out of 73 pages only 11 pages or our listings are showing!

I've reported to Etsy support and they are forwarding to Technical Support.  How many of you are seeing the same thing in your shops? Remember, check Etsy on mobile - NOT using the Etsy app.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
34 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: 62 Listings Pages are MISSING! For all the shops with slow sales - THIS MIGHT BE THE REASON WHY

Jump to solution

It appears to be fixed now, thank you so much to everyone for posting and contacting customer support.  Hopefully we'll all get our sales back to normal soon!

View solution in original post

11 Likes
191 Replies

Re: 62 Listings Pages are MISSING! For all the shops with slow sales - THIS MIGHT BE THE REASON WHY

Jump to solution

Have you tried clearing the cache on your browser because I can see all of your pages clearly. No skips. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes, tried that.  Even Etsy support said they could see what was happening in my shop on their end.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

By the way, I have been randomly clicking on shops and testing it out and it's happening in their shops too.  Just think of all of the buyers that are no even realizing that they are not seeing most of a seller's listings while in their shop.

10 Likes

Jump to solution

It's happening on shops with more than 2 pages, shops with many listings.

1 Like
PepperandPomme
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Great. Just tried mine according to your directions. It skips over three of my pages. Hope this explains the lack of sales & it gets fixed.

5 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yep. I'm missing almost 300 listings. Get it sorted Etsy!

8 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Mine is fine.  However, when I was checking I discovered there was an ad for a listing that I did not have in the ads.  I double-checked and it was not there.  Also, I discovered that since I lowered my ad budget by $5.00 when I went to increase it. The ad budget was reduced to the lower number.  So, I guess since Etsy doesn't want my money I will send it elsewhere.  

And now I am truly believing they don't have enough buyers for the sellers.  But they keep forgetting every time a buyer leaves, that is another potential buyer down the drain.

And since youtube and tik tok people are telling how to scam or get rich quickly.  It is going to leave the place looking for another way to go soon.

No one here seems to be on the same page.  Everything is going in different directions.

Have a good rest of the day!

6 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Make sure you check how many listings you have if you use a browser on your phone or tablet.  Count the actual listings on there.  Don't believe the number you see.

2 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@GlitteramaCrafts, thank you. I have listings that have disappeared from the stats for at least the last 30 days. I have started to deactivate them.  No views at all.  

So I will sit down an analyze what Etsy is telling us to do about a full shop and look and see what the stats are saying.

I noticed some of the shops that are making the most money have the smallest amount of listings.

4 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@myclearstamps 

I am seeing all of your listings. I wonder if it's not happening to your shop because you offer Free Shipping?

0 Likes
myclearstamps
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SmudgePlant , thanks, I don't have free shipping on everything.  Also, when I noticed my listing were not getting seen I just started deactivating things.  

I mentioned before I notices some of the shops in my category for instance one shop which is non-us is selling more than 3000 items a month and they have only 29 items.

So I wonder if is etsy saving on the cloud servers and not showing the listings.

Because I noticed that depending on which browsers I searched from the broad form keywords a lot were missing but the long tail keywords had more listings.  And there was sometimes a difference depending on mobile vs desktop vs android and ios.  

Something is going on.  What? Only Etsy knows. 

9 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@myclearstamps

I have noticed that smaller shops are selling more too.  I think it might be because they have a higher concentration of converting listings?  It's sad when you list new items and they seem to disappear down a black hole.  The other thing is I think the new browsing search made older listings of some established shops lose some of their ranking.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Earlier threads stated that when they spoke with support, they were ware of it. It seems to be only on mobile. And remember, your items are still available through SEARCH, which is how most buyers shop.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

You don't know that for sure. In the etsy buy app listings are missing on my shop. God knows how in search things are.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, who knows (except maybe Etsy) how listings are showing in search.  If we're missing over a 1,000 in our shop - I have no faith that they are showing up in search results.  We have 0 sales right now - this is bad.

8 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is not affecting either of the apps - only using a browser on your mobile or tablet.

1 Like

Jump to solution

On the buy etsy app, I search my shop and not all listings are there, I have 192 listings and only 180 are showing. I counted them, its an issue there too.

0 Likes
HandyNat
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Many of us are dealing with the same! It’s been going on for 2 weeks or more… We are paying for every single listing but most of them are not being seen by customers!!! And sadly until today Etsy refused to take our concerns into consideration and gave no estimated time when this will be fixed…

16 Likes
GlitteramaCrafts
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Yes, I believe it has been going on for a while, but most sellers haven't realised and sellers who don't use the forums have no idea it's happening.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

I can only see 90 out of 134 items. I was checking on my husband phone. Using no app. Missing page 4 and I think 5 too.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep, about a quarter of my listings missing too ... !

3 Likes
SewlyButtons
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It's curious behavior, too. I noticed it in ALL shops. There's a distinct pattern to what's happening: first it skips 1 page (actually it skips 1 page twice), then 2 pages, then 3 pages, etc etc etc. I daresay it would keep increasing the number of pages skipped by one if you kept at it.  So the page numbers skipped that i observed as far as I went are:
4... 6... 8-9... 11-13...   
The other thing I noticed was I was not able to use the back arrow to return to the precious page, it kept me on whatever page I was on.

You have to wonder if this is another symptom of the problem shops are reporting where their listings are not showing when you view their shop on a desktop computer. Whatever is going on, it would be alot more reassuring to hear something... anything... from esty, publicly, that they're aware of the problem and have all hands on deck working to resolve it.

16 Likes

Jump to solution

Same here, the page doesn't go back using the error.  I also am missing 2 pages of items.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I'm thinking it's the same pattern for all (or most) shops.  It's seems to be an issue only when viewing Etsy on mobile (not the app) as desktop seems ok.  It's also not a browser issue as we tried several browsers on our phones and they all showed the same results.  We've been clicking on many many shops and it's the same for all.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.