Child Sponsorship Share Page

Are you a child sponsor (like me!)? Share your stories with the rest of the team!

It's amazing the difference you make when you choose to sponsor a child. You receive letters from them, you get pictures and progress reports, thank you notes...you learn just how your money is changing that child's life. It's a beautiful thing.

I'd love to hear about your experience with your sponsored child/children.
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
42 Replies

Re: Child Sponsorship Share Page

Ever since signing up for Direct Checkout, I noticed an increase in business, wow! I have now chosen to sponsor a third child. I'm excited, and I truly feel when you bless the lives of others God blesses you as well.

I am proud to sponsor Swathi in India, Meline in Armenia, and Consuelo in Honduras. I don't have any children of my own yet but I already feel like a proud mama :)
0 Likes

Whoever sponsored a child through my share page, THANK YOU. I haven't been that excited in a very long time!!!
0 Likes

Hey everyone!

Just want to say I am excited today, as I've gotten my first letter from Meline's family. It was a nice little note from her mom, describing their family and what Meline likes to do. It included a cute picture she had drawn for me with markers of pink flowers and birds in the sky. It really is amazing to see the letter and even though it's in a different language (with a translation provided for me), to think it traveled that far in one person's hands to get all the way to mine...very cool.
0 Likes

Hi, my guys are from Senegal and Kenya. Have you sent anything like crayons or pencils? I send tablets, stickers, little books, erasers and hope they get there. So far they have but haven't heard from last month. Someone told me they sent a t-shirt so I was thinking of that. Have heard back and it is so thrilling, isn't it?
0 Likes

World Vision advises against crayons, as they could melt. But I send pencils, little notebooks, gel pens, stickers, erasers, etc. My mom and I just picked out some fabric and sewed little skirts and got matching t shirts (all 4 of my sponsored children are girls). One of my children's favorite activities is playing with balloons so I bought a package of those to send in the next envelope. I just got my first letter from my child in Honduras this weekend, too. It was her birthday yesterday and I was thinking of her hoping she was having a nice day. It certainly is nice to hear from them and their families, even if it's just a little note. Thanks for sharing your experience Holly, I like to hear about what's going on with other people :)
0 Likes

My mom has sponsored a child in Mali and got his sponsorship welcome kit in the mail the other day. She is pretty excited to send him his first envelope full of goodies. I have sent letters back and forth with my child in Armenia and she even sent me a lovely Christmas postcard. It is really great to hear from her and I have sent her an email today as it's her birthday. It's great to interact with them in different ways.
0 Likes

balloons is a great idea and maybe I will send punching balls as they last a while. Just got a note with colored pictures from my one boy....it is amazing thinking about how far the notes go back and forth.
0 Likes

In your welcome kit it tells you what their favorite activity is to do. For a lot of boys, it's playing a sport, and for a lot of girls, it's playing with dolls. But my child from India has her favorite activity as playing with balloons. I thought that was interesting. I figured she would have some fun with the pack of them I sent.

I have been sending post cards of places I've been to my child in Armenia (as I hear from her the most). I put a little note on the back of it about some details of the place on the front. The next one I am going to send a picture of a postcard from my home state and tell her about the beach. I couldn't imagine living in a landlocked country without one so I think she'll like the picture.

It's great you're interacting with your sponsored child Holly. And thanks for interacting with me here - sometimes I think I'm by myself even thought there's a bunch of people in the group.
0 Likes

I had donated money to my child in Honduras, and I received a thank you letter and pictures in the mail the other day. Very exciting stuff. My little girl was able to buy shoes, an umbrella, some clothes, and a backpack for school, as well as food for the family. It was really great to be able to see just how my donation was able to help her.
0 Likes

Oh my gosh, did my first presentation at a church today. I was able to get a sponsor for three girls in Africa: in Zambia, Ethiopia, and Rwanda. I am so excited for these girls and how their lives are going to change for the better. I only hope I can get more sponsored from my presentation next week too!
0 Likes

Excited once again to have three children sponsored this weekend! Parents were letting each of their three children pick the child they were most interested in sponsoring and they will be part of the process. I really can't think of a better way to help teach your children about the outside world while helping a child in need.

It's great to have your child pick a child they want to sponsor, and then let them help you raise money, write letters, and interact with the sponsored children. Please ask me how to get your kids involved too!
0 Likes

I sad and happy at the same time. I had many child folders for a presentation I did at a church recently. While looking through them, I saw an older girl with 11 brothers and sisters. 11! I couldn't imagine such a devastating statistic. I want to teach my students about the rest of the world and the challenges other children face growing up. I have decided to sponsor her, and I am so happy to think of all the good I hope I can do for her. Sponsorship has been truly rewarding for me and I hope you guys will consider it.
0 Likes

Just got a letter and drawings from my one child...think I will try sending a t-shirt next.
0 Likes

Great idea, Holly. I have sent t-shirts before. I also like the brightly colored bandanas you can get too.
0 Likes

I just got pictures from my child in Senegal with his mom and the supplies they got with the extra money I sent.
It was so exciting to see how much taller he is. He had new shirts for school, a backpack, copy books for school, pens, shoes and food for the family like cooking oil, sugar, maize. Thank you everyone who has supported my shop so I can continue sponsoring Leo In Senegal and Caleb in the Congo. I know it is truly making a difference for their life.
0 Likes

I just started to sponsor a third child in Nigeria, a 4 year old little girl with the wonderful experience of having sponsored two other boys in Senegal and the Congo. She has already sent a letter and I am thankful for orders on Etsy that have helped me do this.
0 Likes

Consider sponsoring a child through World Vision for $35 dollars a month. Go to their website and you can choose which country. There are so many children in need and you will make a difference. You will be able to send letters and hear back from them.
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.