Hello! My sign shop on etsy is called Authentic Signs! I am currently selling aluminum signs with vinyl graphics applied. All of my designs are original or spinoffs on real signs you see in everyday life. Other signs I sell are miniature versions of real traffic and safety signs. Some of my graphic elements are hand drawn and then re-drawn on the computer. Often, I just get my pen tool out on the computer and just start drawing away.

I am currently experimenting with some new signs that I will release later here on etsy that are hand painted and stained. All of the signs are made from reclaimed pallet wood that I have been cutting down into sign blanks.

I noticed there was no team for sign makers & sign admirers so I wanted to start one here on Etsy. I make all of my signs at home and hope to grow my etsy business. I am looking forward to networking and meeting other sign makers!

You can introduce yourself here! Please try and favorite all the shops you find on here!

visit me at www.authenticsigns.etsy.com

fan me at www.facebook.com/authenticsignsllc

follow me at www.twitter.com/authentic_signs

Re: Introduce Yourself

Hello, just wanted to join a group that enjoys the same hobby as I do! My signs are purely for my personal enjoyment and time away from the kids. If I can share with others, than even better! Cheers, Hope
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Once again I'd like to thank all the new members for joining. I'm trying my best to heart all the new shops!

Also, since May 2012 this team has grown from a few members to 71! I initially invited about 15 people and all the rest have joined voluntarily. Since may only 2 members have left the team. (for unknown reasons to me) If any one has any ideas they would like to see initiated please feel free to convo me anytime!

Please feel free to post new threads if you like!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! I'm Cesar. I've been making signs for a very long time, but after seeing how much more fun it was to make signs from scrap wood, It was a whole new sign making experience for me. I opened up an Etsy shop to get me started in this new journey. Thanks for setting up this team and look forward to connecting with all of you.

You can check out my Etsy shop here: http://jetmakdesigns.com

You can follow me on Facebook here: http://jetmakdesigns.com/facebook

You can follow me on twitter here: https://twitter.com/jetmak

Thanks again!

Cheers!
- Cesar
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone! I'm new to Etsy but I'm a crafter from WAY back...I won't even tell you how long.
Selling on line, from home, works best for me now (I gave up craft malls and shows several years ago.)
Now I'm producing my unique designs on my computer, having them printed, and then decoupaging them onto wood. I still have more (small) signs to list, and I look forward to learning how to succeed on Etsy from all of you.
My prices are really low, and everything ships free to the USA - seemed easiest to do it that way. Now I just need people to find my shop!
Thank you!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! My name is Kimmie & I love quotes/sayings. I make pretty much anything you can put words on. I do the craft show circuit, rent space at a craft mall, have a blog & now venturing into the "Etsy" world. I actually signed up for Etsy last year but life happened...but here I am! I'm looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends & enjoying this new journey.

Got a saying? Let's make it a sign...
Happy Holidays,
Kimmie

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone, I make hand painted signs with personalized vinyl lettering. It's nice to see so many people who love to make signs. I love working with wood. Sanding and painting are therapeutic to me. I just started my business in November 2012 and had much success locally.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello! Came across this team and was interested in joining and sharing my work as well as meeting other sign makers out there! I started making signs as a hobby over a year ago. I started hand carving, hand painting and it took off from there. I make a lot of rustic inspired family signs and do mainly custom work. New to Etsy and just got my first sale yesterday! I run a FB business page where I was getting most of my orders before coming here.
All my signs are made on Pine or Spruce. Some signs in the past, I have used reclaimed wood, especially for rustic weddings.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi my name is Eileen and i live in New Jersey withy husband and two children, 16 and 4. I started my Etsy Shop about a month ago. It has been so much fun. I find painting my signs to be very relaxing and I love to do it. I will be experimenting with a new technique next week. I just got a silhouette cutter and can't wait to try it out with adhesive vinyl. If anyone has used this cutting machine for vinyl i would like to hear any tops you may have. I tend to use ply wood or oak for my signs. I do free-hand painting, stencils and a rubbing technique from a computer printout. I look forward to becoming a better sign maker this year and to growing my business. Good luck to everyone in 2013. Happy New Year!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Everyone

I've been doing vinyl wall decals, and printed growth charts, but have just started doing wooden signs.

I looked at a lot of shops from the members, and was impressed by the diversity of signs - hand painted on rocks, baltic birch, vinyl, cnc routed etc. It seems like everyone has different approach - that's great.

My signs are currently painted with milk paint, and then stencilled.

I hope to learn a lot and hope we can figure out how to promote each other.

Thanks,

Gary

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello,
I'm Emma. I Haven't Been Making Signs That Long. I Make Signs For Rooms and Lockers. I've Just Started Out On Etsy. I Saw This Team and Thought It Would Be Nice To Talk With People Who Have A Common Interest. I Hope To Learn Some New Things.
0 Likes
DropALineDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

What a great find! So glad I ran across this page, and thrilled to be a part of the team!
I have been creating signs for a few years, but just started selling on Etsy a few months ago. I make wood signs in a variety of sizes. All of my signs are painted, distressed, and sealed. I also include a hanger on the back so they arrive ready for their new home!
Here is a link to my page: http://www.etsy.com/shop/NotTooShabbyChicHome
0 Likes
TWWoodcraft
Inspiration Seeker

Hi Everyone,
Just wanting to introduce myself. I recently opened my wood shop and wanted to say hello.
tl
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello to all the new members!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, I'm Athena from creationsbyathena I have been making name banners and novelty signs for about 5 years.I cut, rout, sand, paint, antique, distress and hand letter all of my signs. Love getting custom orders with new sayings.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi! Angie here. SAHMof2
I started my little shop a few years back, when my husband dragged me to the mohave desert to follow his job dreams, I was stuck in the house all day, 50 miles from civilization... I started painting wooden signs for family and friends, finally got brave and started selling on Etsy. So glad I did! It's been such a wonderful experience.
I cut all of my own stencils, paint, stain and distress in my little garage that gets up to 130 degrees in the summer. YIKES, AC unit this year? lol
I don't have much of a "Style" I think that's something that's still shifting with me. I love custom orders & wedding orders.

Glad I found this group. Not often I find someone who you can relate to, or ask questions on Etsy. ;)

FB https://www.facebook.com/snappydesignsigns
0 Likes

Hello everyone! I have yet to introduce myself so here goes! I live out in the sticks in Senoia, GA. I stay at home with my two young children and paint signs of course! My specialty is portrait drawings and oil paintings. I have always wanted to try my hand at making wood signs for others to enjoy and that they can afford!

I saw down, paint all of my signs. Right now I'm practicing with the jigsaw. It's wonderful to have a handy husband who can show me how to do stuff like that! I'm trying to build up my stock of signs to sell at a craft show this fall! It's hard when you have a 3 year old and 8 month old, but I manage! ha!

Ashley
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hello Team ?

We are Chelsea and Melissa, from RI~ Ocean State. We are new to Etsy. We are coastal girls and inspired by the beach, we currently are selling Rustic Coastal signs, we like to call Ocean Statements: let us know what you think!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/130731109/by-the-sea-sign?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/128599111/beach-sign?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/128600150/follow-me-to-the-beach-sign?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/128604056/let-your-dreams-set-sail-sign?

http://www.etsy.com/listing/128603246/by-the-shore-sign?

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Half the profits from this sign are going to One Fund - Boston to help support the victims most affected by this tragedy

http://www.etsy.com/listing/129840153/boston-strong-sign?
0 Likes

I make picture frames but I love signs, so I am going to combine both. I will make some signs with the option to add a photo. I paint all of my frames and signs but I do use vinyl. I am fairly new with the vinyl and still getting the hang of it.

I have joined this team, because I need to brush up on my social media skills and hope to learn on the Etsy forum and this team. Thanks for allowing me to join your team.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

I just began selling on Etsy, and I figured that joining a team could be the best way to learn.
I wood burn signs and other types of decorations. Wood burning is a great escape for me, and I also think it looks adorable as home décor or in weddings and parties!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi, My name is Grant and I'm new to Etsy. I love making new signs that look old. I love seeing the great ideas on here and I'm excited to get started. I'm all about supporting the artistic community! Please come and check out my shop! If you have any pointers I would love to hear them. I will be adding new things daily. THANKS!!!
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Like many here on Etsy, I started making signs as a creative outlet and a way to earn some extra money after experiencing some personal trials in the last two years.

I also have taught myself how to repair and update antique furniture in the last couple of years. Check out my other Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/SweetMacedonia where I sell the hand-painted vintage furniture and home decor that I paint.

My experience on Etsy has been great so far, and I look forward to being a part of this team and being inspired by the rest of you.
0 Likes

So happy to have found this team! I'll be going through the links to shops a little at a time to favorite your shops. We sell our signs though our website, Mango Seed Designs, Facebook & our Etsy shop.
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

We are new to the sign making business and are hoping to turn a hobby into a way to earn extra income. We router the words on the wood sign, paint the letters and finish the sign with polyurethane. Please check out our new Etsy shop www.etsy.com/shop/designsbybeis
0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Hi everyone!! I just opened shop today! Georgia Peach Reclaimed Letters sells reclaimed channel letter cans and faces from old signs! The cans make great planters! All of them are great for home decor and office decor. I posted a few things today but I have MANY MANY more! if you are looking for a specific letter, i can find something for you! Come check it out!

Thank you
0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.