Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

It won't let me read the full article without registering :(

It is getting uglier here too isn't it, I've just tuned most everything out lately as my mind is made up. It is good that our elections are short, only two weeks left.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

Oh crap. It's a good one. I read it through a public library subscription, didn't realize the online one was just a teaser.   :-( 

If you can find it, go for it.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Hhm - this weekend Tucker Carlson spoke out against Trump Ukraine phone call, and this morning, Lindsay Graham says he is hoping to talk Trump out of pulling out of Syria.  Interesting times.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Seems a few trumplicans are FINALLY speaking out against putins puppet, might be too late but it's something. Why did it take trump throwing allies under the bus and putting lives at risk for them to wake up. I was surprised graham said that trump saying ISIS was defeated was false, again a little late, trumps been making that false claim for a long time. They could have just listened to Hillary, she did warn everyone.

Did you see trumps twitter, he is trying very, very hard to change the narrative from his corruption, I wouldn't doubt that him pulling out of Syria isn't part of that. He is that twisted. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Trumps tweets this morning:

"Heritage Foundation “These numbers are blockbusters. Just since Donald Trump took office, Median Family Incomrs are up over $4,100. In 8 years under President Obama, they only went up $1000. In one third the time, President Trump has increased incomes 4 times as much, and that...doesn’t even include the almost $2000 that the families got from the Trump Tax Cut.” Stephen Moore, Freedomworks That means $5000 to $6000 more in disposable yearly income that Americans have right now because of President Trump!"  Really, bringing up the tax cut again, when anyone who really knows what's going on realizes the tax cut Is Not Permanent. (And did you see that much of an income increase?) 

Syria, well, it's being reported many involved were blind-sided by Trump's actions. Nikki Haley came right out & stated Trump is leaving our Allies "to die". Sen. Graham may be the only person who can rein in Trump - you know the old quid-pro-quo - he'll continue his campaign against Trump's impeachment if Trump reverses on Syria, otherwise he might just go silent on the "problem". But agree, Trump would probably do Anything to take the media's focus off the impeachment process.

1 Like

Jump to solution

The ISM September Manufacturing Index slipped to 47.8, down 1.3 percentage points from August. A read below 50 signals contraction. More worrisome is new export orders, which hit 41 percent, a 2.3 percentage point drop from last month.

"ISM at 47.8 is bad but new export orders at 41 is even worse ... There is no end in sight to this slowdown, the recession risk is real" said Torsten Slok, chief economist at Deutsche Bank Securities.

I don't take much heed of Stephen Moore

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Love this from the Leaders debate Tonight

Trudeau: "Mr. Bernier, your role on this stage is to say publicly, what Mr. Scheer thinks privately."

So true. Scheer is shifty right wing and Bernier is a vocal far right wing.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Was it any good? I missed most of it because I was on the phone. I thought it would be replayed but I couldn't find it. I seen a few bits and scheer was his usual petty, whiney self and I think it will hurt him, so a good thing.

I wish that Jagmeet had got out there more bit earlier after winning the leadership because I do like him the most out of all of them. Sadly our local NDP candidate is new and silent so it is between Cons and Liberal here so my mind is set. Some of the comments on local media does worry me though, seems some are falling for scheers crap.

2 Likes
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@finickypatternshop  I live in Jane Philpots riding...vote-split Central.   :-(

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This election has worried me the most of any. scheer has a right wing campaign advisor and has enlisted the aid of a woman who has dual Canadian-American citizenship and her Twitter profile says that she is a trump supporter.

You can see how American politics have slithered into ours. When I called out the woman on a false statement, she called me a liar. All I had to do was repost the statement by scheer's spokesman.

The people who scheer decided to take onto his campaign group, shows me that he is not wholly interested in Canadian interests. I can see him bowing to trump when it comes to the dairy management program, CUSMA ratification, immigration. It really concerns me that there will be a trump puppet sitting as PM.

I doubt Bernier will have any chance, thank goodness.

Basically between the Liberals & the Cons. 

I really miss Jack Layton. He would have stomped on the right wing rhetoric and I believe NDP would have had a chance at finally forming a govt.

I don't trust Philpott or JWR any longer.

1 Like
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@TheShoppingMoll I was planning on voting strategically, but I'm guessing Jane Philpott will be pulling in a lot of votes splitting the vote further in a riding that already veers conservative. Interesting news on Sheer's campaign, for sure. I could vote Liberal or NDP, and a maybe Green. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I didn't know that about scheers campaign but add that to he ALSO has dual Canadian-American citizenship and I wouldn't trust him to look out for Canada. He claims he was giving up his US citizenship but if that were true he would have done it long ago, he isn't new to politics. Might explain him wanting to cave early on to trump on the new nafta. 

I missed most of the debate but from the clips I never seen his dual citizenship brought up or the fact that he lied about being an insurance broker. The lying hypocrite still has the "Trudeau, not as advertised" ads running, maybe look in the mirror. The 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

In a private meeting with Zelenskiy, Perry pressed the Ukrainian president to fire members of the Naftogaz advisory board. Attendees left the meeting with the impression that Perry wanted to replace the American representative, Amos Hochstein, a former diplomat and energy representative who served in the Obama administration, with someone “reputable in Republican circles,” according to someone who was in the room.

Perry’s push for Ukraine’s state-owned natural gas company Naftogaz to change its supervisory board was first reported by Politico.

A second meeting during the trip, at a Kyiv hotel, included Ukrainian officials and energy sector people. There, Perry made clear that the Trump administration wanted to see the entire Naftogaz supervisory board replaced.

The Naftogaz supervisory board is supposed to be selected by the Ukrainian president’s Cabinet in consultation with international institutions, including the International Monetary Fund, the United States and the European Union. It must be approved by the Ukrainian Cabinet. Ukrainian officials perceived Perry’s push to swap out the board as circumventing that established process.

So why are they asking for Biden's son to be investigated, when Perry with Trump's support was doing what Biden was supposedly doing?

1 Like

Jump to solution

A couple of Trump's tweets yesterday:

"Bob Mueller was pursuing the FBI Director job when he met with President Trump in 2017, Administration officials say.” @ Fox News Bret Baier and Jake Gibson @ Sean Hannity. This is true even though Mueller denied it!"   Wonder why this "old news/accusation" is being brought up again?

"Gasoline Prices in the State of California are MUCH HIGHER than anywhere else in the Nation ($2.50 vs. $4.50). I guess those very expensive and unsafe cars that they are mandating just aren’t doing the trick! Don’t worry California, relief is on the way. The State doesn’t get it!" - Here in Florida the Governor has proposed raising teacher's salaries from 46th in the nation to about 2nd at the cost of over $600 million in the first year (I believe that was the estimate) He's going to "find the money somewhere". Well if it's not in the budget now, an easy way to raise it would be thru gasoline taxes. Trump doesn't seem to realize that fuel taxes now have to go to more than road repairs.

Will be watching Canada's election results - hopefully Trump hasn't rubbed off onto to many people. Also must add that I find it 'curious' someone with dual citizenship could hold office there.

1 Like

Jump to solution

hopefully Trump hasn't rubbed off onto to many people

Just like in the US, they were always there, he and those like him just emboldened them. We have some openly racist politicians who will hopefully be squashed out.

I find it 'curious' someone with dual citizenship could hold office there.

So do I and of course the party of hypocrisy have attacked past politicians who have dual citizenship and scheer forgets to mention he also has it. A lot of Canadians have dual citizenship but I do think to be a PM one should have to give it up PRIOR to running. Imagine scheer is registered with US Selective Service, files US taxes and can vote in US elections (though he claims he hasn't voted). Pick a country so we know who they are representing.

Don't get me wrong he was vile enough without him not disclosing this but that he has ads running 'Trudeau, not as advertised' is hypocritical. A Conservative. Hopefully he loses but some are falling for his crap so we'll know in two weeks.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Seriously?

Lindsey Graham

@LindseyGrahamSC

If media reports are accurate and Turkey has entered northern Syria — a disaster is in the making.
9:37 AM · Oct 9, 2019

* Well - don't rely on the fake corrupt news media - better go over there and see for yourself!

Then this - 

Lindsey Graham

@LindseyGrahamSC

Pray for our Kurdish allies who have been shamelessly abandoned by the Trump Administration. This move ensures the reemergence of ISIS.
9:37 AM · Oct 9, 2019

3 Likes

Jump to solution

So one of trumps main enablers decides to speak out now. Can't put that toothpaste back in the tube lindsey, they created the monster, they own him. What allies will the US have once trump is out of office, it will take a while before trust is back, if ever.

I said it when Obama was running the first time and I'll say it again, why would anyone want to run after GOP creates such a mess. Obama inherited a disaster and who ever follows trump will have an even worse one. We see what he does openly, imagine what is hidden. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

"In a written statement, he (Trump) said he does not support Turkey’s invasion of the region, but added that his goal since launching his presidential bid in 2015 was to stop “these endless, senseless wars—especially those that don’t benefit the United States.”

“The United States does not endorse this attack and has made it clear to Turkey that this operation is a bad idea,” Trump said in a statement. “Turkey has committed to protecting civilians, protecting religious minorities, including Christians, and ensuring no humanitarian crisis takes place—and we will hold them to this commitment.”"

Apparently Trump had some sort of speech/signing/whatever thing this afternoon. Was watching Shepard Smith when it was announced & continued to watch out of curiosity (yes, I do wonder how Smith is still employed by Fox, he's almost rather "normal"). When one of the few questions about Syria was addressed to Trump, swear he said something to the effect "as long as Turkey doesn't act too inhumanely" & that he & rest of his staff "were working on guidelines they expected Turkey to adhere to". About wanted to fall out of my chair - Turkey had already sent in ground forces & they were bombing residential areas. 

When asked, if the House took a vote on impeachment, & the measure passed, would Trump then cooperate with requests for documents, etc. he answered along the lines of "if it were fair to him & constitutional".

I'm beginning to feel like the US is "going to h*ll in a hand-basket" with way too many citizens along for a scary ride.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Might be time (past time) to question how much trump having personal business in Turkey influenced abandoning allies, after a phone call with them. Are any decisions he makes in the best interest of US citizens or just for his own wallet. The casualties are obviously not a concern for him, the reputation of the US isn't, surely no one will believes his crap now. He was warned it would happen and he still did it, no consulting with allies or listening to those who actually know. Everyone needs to remember that as things move forward. He can't blame this on Dems, the media or anyone else as he usually does. Intelligence matters in a leader.

I have seen clips of Shep Smith and also wonder what he is doing on fox. He isn't afraid to tell the truth and, from the clips I've seen, is not a trump boot licker like the others. trump likes to tweet hannity and that other one for a reason. Both so gross.

I'm not paying that much attn but trumplicans seem to be opposed more to the impeachment process or whistleblower than to the facts that trump is corrupt and worthy of impeachment. Why do they keep saying the full call transcript was released when it was hand picked bits of the transcript. They were damning enough so imagine what the full transcript would reveal. Why would they hide it away if there was nothing unusual about it. Produce the full unedited version if he is innocent. They know he isn't. Where are the patriots.

1 Like
kaslkaos
Crafty Poster

Jump to solution

@finickypatternshop  the last line of the Globe and Mail's editorial,

"Mr. Trump’s actions do not make sense. They do not help America’s allies. They do not help America. Given the character of this President, the question that has to be asked is: Who is he doing this for?"

an open secret at this point.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

"In case the Kurds or Turkey lose control, the United States has already taken the 2 ISIS militants tied to beheadings in Syria, known as the Beetles, out of that country and into a secure location controlled by the U.S. They are the worst of the worst!"

Well this Trump re-assurance tweet makes me feel sooooo much better (yeah, right).

1 Like

Jump to solution

From One of the "Reddest" States Out There:

"The second biggest city in Oklahoma wants to pay you $10,000 to call it home.

Tulsa Remote, a program launched in the city earlier this year, is an initiative designed to enhance the city's workforce, by bringing in some of the most driven remote workers from across the country. They’re looking for people who can work from anywhere and are willing to relocate — and they’re offering a variety of benefits for the best and the brightest, all funded by a nonprofit in the city called the George Kaiser Family Foundation.

The foundation is offering qualifying new residents $10,000 over the course of a year. Some of that money will be given upfront, more comes as a monthly stipend, and the rest arrives at the end of one year, though exact amounts for each are not detailed......"

Wait, a city government is partnering with a non-profit to PAY people to move. Wow, thought that was a "liberal" thought, which usually doesn't go over to well in 'red states'.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

Trump Tweet about one hour ago: "We defeated 100% of the ISIS Caliphate and no longer have any troops in the area under attack by Turkey, in Syria. We did our job perfectly! Now Turkey is attacking the Kurds, who have been fighting each other for 200 years....We have one of three choices: Send in thousands of troops and win Militarily, hit Turkey very hard Financially and with Sanctions, or mediate a deal between Turkey and the Kurds!" - Do you think that BEFORE you apparently made some sort of "deal" with Turkey & just pulled the troops out, you would have "Mediated a Deal between Turkey & the Kurds"??? News reports that within 24 hours over 50k people displaced & it will soon be in the hundreds of thousands of people who will have absolutely nothing, no home, no food, no place to go. 

Then there's other News (from NPR):  "Two Florida-based businessmen who helped President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani in his efforts to dig up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden in Ukraine have been arrested and charged with campaign finance violations in a separate matter.

Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman were arrested at Dulles International Airport outside Washington, D.C., on Wednesday night, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Manhattan. They were indicted by a grand jury in New York but are scheduled to make their initial court appearance in federal court in Virginia later this afternoon.

An attorney for the two men did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Giuliani declined to comment.

According to the indictment, Parnas and Fruman face two counts of conspiracy and one count each of false statements and falsification of business records. Two others, David Correia and Andrey Kukushkin, each face one count of conspiracy."                                                                   It's being reported they both had one-way tickets to the Ukraine.

Next, the New York Times reporting AG Barr met privately with Rupert Murdoch (Fox News) yesterday evening. Now sure, this could be all so innocent, but with all that's going on right now, wouldn't you think Barr would send a "not attending rsvp"???

Trump's campaign event in Minnesota tonight will probably be so full of "BS" - goodness, he's got me swearing in shorthand!! 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Where is it they want payment in advance before allowing a rally?  trump the Grifter should be made to pay up front for everything. Pay up or you get nothing.

Interesting perspective from a journalist who has covered putin, Israel and other countries who have ended up with autocrat leaders.

Comments after the trump election.

It would have been a story about how Donald Trump was running for autocrat. I think at that point there should have been a big journalistic break with American exceptionalism and that's where we would have gone to other countries to look at what has happened to other countries when politicians have run in democratic elections for autocrat. It's happened many times and it's succeeded many times.

The result of a failure of imagination: the inability to imagine that the president would profoundly break with the norms of our country’s political discourse and practices.

President Trump will have to begin destroying the institutions of American democracy—not because they get in the way of anything specific he wants to do, like build the wall, but because they are an obstacle to the way he wants to do them. A fascist leader needs mobilization.

Wars do, and there will be wars. These wars will occur both abroad and at home.

There is no way to tell who will be targeted by the wars at home. Muslims and immigrants are, of course, prime candidates, but any group of people will do. My money is actually on the LGBT community because its acceptance is the most clear and drastic social change in America of the last decade, so an antigay campaign would capture the desire to return to a time in which Trump’s constituency felt comfortable.

In a little while, once he has kicked out every media outlet that he perceives as critical, we will learn that there is no good way to cover a presidency that is a black box.

Masha Gessen  July 26, 2016

Gessen was dismissed from her position as the chief editor of Russia's oldest magazine, Vokrug sveta, a popular-science journal, in September 2012 after she refused to send a reporter to cover a Russian Geographical Society event about nature conservation featuring President Putin because she considered it political exploitation of environmental concerns.

I have spent a good third of my professional life working to convince the readers—and often editors—of both Russian and American publications that Vladimir Putin is a threat to the world as we know it.

1 Like

Jump to solution

For all the bragging and whining trump does about other countries owing the UN (well he says they owe the US but that is a lie). Likely the same reason Minnesota mayor asked for security fees up front, trump doesn't like to pay his bills, long history of it. He does like pointing fingers though.

"U.N. Warns Of Budget Crisis If Nations Don't Pay $1.3 Billion In Dues They Owe"

The United Nations Secretary-General warned this week that the organization is facing a "cash crisis" if member states do not pay the annual dues they owe: $1.3 billion in payments are outstanding....

By Tuesday, 64 states had yet to pay their assessments in full – among them the United States, the U.N.'s largest contributor. The U.S. owes $674 million for 2019, and $381 million from previous budgets, a spokesman for the Secretary-General confirmed to NPR...."

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/10/769095931/u-n-warns-of-budget-crisis-if-nations-dont-pay-1-3-billion-...

Canada is paid up.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.