Re: Post Everything Here

Jump to solution

How long before trump starts having rallies again, inciting his base again. He will fundraise off of this.

He may confuse those in his base who still believe he won. Yes, some think Biden is in a Hollywood set of the White House and trump is still president lol.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Jump to solution

What happened to them voting on trump not being allowed to run for office in the future. I read different opinions on when it would occur but missed most of today so not sure if it was mentioned.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well at least 7 GOP Senators stepped up and voted guilty.
The vote that Trump can't run again wasn't even brought up. Who knows why.
Then McConnell made a speech that blasted Trump but he said that because it was unconstitutional to try Trump as a private citizen, he just had to vote 'not guilty'. This must be his way of saying "I want the old GOP back but just in case it has turned too trumpian"? 
Plus apparently that gave other GOP Senators a way out? That yes, they might agree though maybe only partially with McConnell, but....

I don't understand the GOP any more. What has caused them to bow down to Trump and completely ignore not only their Party's basic platform, but to ignore their oath of office? I'm at a loss.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I seen this tweet.

"To prevent Trump from holding office again, a simple majority of Congress must now pass a resolution invoking Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, which bars anyone from holding office who has "engaged in insurrection" against the United States."

Moscow mitch is a trumplican coward with no ethics. Good for the actual patriots who voted for their country instead of their dear leader.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Letter from trump. In case there was doubt. 

Last part, more before and after. A wink and nod to his base. The cowards own the future.

"Our historic patriot and beautiful movement to Make America Great Again has only just begun. In the months ahead I have much to share with you, and I look forward to continuing our incredible journey together to achieve American greatness for all of our people. There is never been anything like it!

We have so much work ahead of us, and soon we will emerge with a vision for a bright, radiant, and limitless American future."

https://twitter.com/EricTrump/status/1360728661041766404/photo/1

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Not really sure what McConnell's game was, but that was quite some speech.  "Donald Trump didn't get away with anything ... YET"

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Gets me to wondering if Mitch has plans to retire at the end of this term? While he may have the goal of the GOP retaking the House & Senate in 2022, what would his goal for 2024 be? Elect/back Trump &/or some Trumplican GOP'er?

But, guess we Floridians should be oh, so proud:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/politics/2021/02/13/statements--florida-lawmakers-on-acquittal-of-...

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I hope everyone is surviving the extreme winter weather out there.

Had a sad ending to the weekend learning about friend's health situation and others who have lost two family members to covid. It is such a shame that we can't seem to buckle down & really work at protecting others, especially with vaccinations getting closer & closer.

Gov. Cuomo's news conference yesterday interesting. Then this morning when a CNN Host asked Dr. Fauci to comment he politely declined, as he was afraid he'd be taken out of context. 

Why can't everyone just admit that initially mistakes were made; that everyone kept learning something new as time went on; that we're still learning new things about the virus today? Not to excuse some people's utter lack of any type of constructive action or indifference to COVID (not naming names here, but...) A couple of things that caught my attention yesterday is that the WHO team found data from their China visit that seems to indicate the virus started much earlier than reported, and that there may have been as many as 12 or 14 different strains of it when it first started. Also, reports that in addition to the initial virus, the UK & SA & Brazilian variants now spreading, there may be up to 6 or 7 total (or additional?) variants here in the USA alone. 

Everyone stay warm, stay safe, stay healthy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news, I hope your friend recovers soon. Our premier is opening some areas up again and I wish he would wait, some people just won't stay home unless they are forced to. The new variants are worrying.

I'm so tired of politicians/people fighting I haven't been keeping up much. I haven't been feeling well, just my usual stuff, but it is likely stress related. It is supposed to warm up a bit this week so getting out for a walk might help. I'm sure everyone is tired but we just need to hang in a while longer for the vaccines.

1 Like

Jump to solution

From NPR:   "In Florida, Democrats are criticizing Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, who they claim is allowing politics to play a role in COVID-19 vaccine distribution. DeSantis became testy when questioned by reporters at a vaccination event near Lakewood Ranch, an upscale community on Florida's Gulf Coast.

The vaccination event was the latest in a series of state-sponsored clinics at retirement communities. Under DeSantis' "Seniors First" initiative, the COVID-19 vaccine is being made available to everyone age 65 and over in Florida — an estimated 4.5 million people.

According to the Bradenton Herald, DeSantis reached out to the developer of the Lakewood Ranch community, offering to use it as the site for a vaccination drive. Working with a county commissioner, the state reserved shots for residents of two ZIP codes in Manatee County that cover Lakewood Ranch and other well-to-do communities.

At a news conference, reporters peppered DeSantis with questions about the perception that he was favoring one community over another in a county where vaccinations have lagged behind the rest of the state. DeSantis responded by threatening to take the state's vaccination distribution effort elsewhere. "If Manatee County doesn't like us doing this," DeSantis said, "then we are totally fine putting this in counties that want it. We're totally happy to do that."

DeSantis said the 3,000 shots being made available for residents of Lakewood Ranch and nearby communities were in addition to the county's regular vaccine allotment. Commissioners in Manatee County expressed concern that the event favored wealthy neighborhoods over underserved communities.

Democrats immediately sent out news releases criticizing DeSantis for injecting politics into vaccine distribution. Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried, who has suggested she may challenge DeSantis when he's up for reelection next year, said, "There is no reason that Governor DeSantis should be rationing vaccines based on political influence. This is troubling and potentially illegal." State Sen. Annette Taddeo said the governor owes residents of Manatee County an apology. She said, "Veiled threats should not and cannot be tolerated by any public official." Manny Diaz, the new head of Florida's Democratic Party, said DeSantis must stop "playing politics" with vaccine distribution. Diaz said, "Threatening retribution and less vaccine access for communities that criticize the vaccine rollout for its problems is shameful and inhumane.""

Local TV News stated that the average annual income of the neighborhood (zip codes) in which the Pop-Up Site was created is $110,000.
The film broadcast showed this event at a large "Sports Complex" where I swear they had what looked like a horse race track or polo grounds. It was huge & obviously someone (thru homeowner association dues?) is paying for the rather spacious facility. 
But that's our Governor. Instead of making the extra allotment available to everyone on the County's Waiting List, DeSantis, his Developer Friend & ONE County Commissioner decided where it would be held & where, what zip codes, a recipient had to live in.  

In the meantime Publix Stores couldn't open up their clogged web site for appointments today since the extreme weather was delaying shipment of vaccines & they may have even been forced to cancel some that were already scheduled. 

Yes, I long for a return to a more normal life, not only with less worries from COVID, but less a-holes in Government. (excuse my language).

1 Like

Jump to solution

From AP News:

"Texas Sen. Ted Cruz acknowledged on Thursday that he had traveled to Mexico for a family vacation this week, leaving his home state as thousands of constituents struggled without power or safe drinking water after a powerful winter storm.

The high-profile Republican, a potential White House candidate in 2024, said in a statement that he had accompanied his family after his daughters asked to go on a trip with friends, given that school was canceled for the week.

“Wanting to be a good dad, I flew down with them last night and am flying back this afternoon,” Cruz said after The Associated Press and other media outlets had reported details of the trip.

“My staff and I are in constant communication with state and local leaders to get to the bottom of what happened in Texas,” Cruz said. “We want our power back, our water on, and our homes warm.”

The revelation drew immediate criticism from Democrats and Republicans in Texas and beyond as Cruz, a key ally of former President Donald Trump, contemplates the possibility of a second presidential run. The two-term senator’s current term expires in early 2025.

“That’s something that he has to answer to his constituents about,” state Republican Party Chairman Allen West said when asked whether Cruz’s travel was appropriate while Texans are without power and water."

Well Cruz apparently has decided to not only ignore CDC guidelines on unnecessary travel, but he didn't even stop to think how this "family vacation" would look to all the citizens of Texas who are trying to live in freezing temps without heat & electricity?

I feel badly for Texans. Warnings from the late 1980's & 2011 Fed Investigation into State Utility after catastrophes like this apparently ignored. Hope their temps warm soon & that damage from broken pipes and other causes is minor. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

He throws his daughters under the bus. Not surprising at all, he is such an a s s. How does someone like him get elected, never mind stay elected.

It looks terrible in Texas, I feel so bad for them. It is one thing having to adjust to cold temp if not use to it but with no power, heat or water it can be deadly. It doesn't look like it will let up any time soon either.

I don't see how the governor going on fox and blaming it on 'the green new deal' that doesn't exist, especially in Texas, will help. He should be ashamed of himself. Heads up to him, windmills and solar work in the cold, IF installed correctly. One would think if you detach a state from the grid they would do everything top notch to be sure it actually works. I hope the weather changes for them but the mess will take a while still.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Wonder if the Cruz family double checking their "friends list". The leaked text message from Cruz' wife inviting neighbors to join them in Mexico. Oh My!

Then Cruz immediately on Faux News playing "cya". 

One questionable news outlet reporting he left his dog behind in his house. Okay, maybe he has a regular pet-sitter who could feed and walk the dog, but if true, I guess his family does not think their four-legged companions are truly family.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis unveiled a slate of voting proposals Friday that he wants lawmakers to pass in their upcoming legislative session, including restricting the mass mailing of mail-in ballots and access to ballot drop boxes.

One of the proposals would ban vote-by-mail ballots from being sent out to all residents, making it so only voters who request a ballot would receive one. Under the proposal, voters would need to request an absentee ballot each election year.
Another proposed measure would "address the use of ballot boxes," which DeSantis called "a big problem" and argued that residents should either mail their absentee ballot or drop it off at an election office.

DeSantis also wants lawmakers, when they convene in March, to bolster the vote-by-mail signature verification process and to not "shut out" Florida political parties and candidates from observing the voter signature matching process.
And he hopes that the legislature will "address ballot harvesting" in the state as to not allow individuals to submit other people's vote-by-mail ballots unless they are immediate family."

So he doesn't want ballot drop boxes at early voting locations in future elections? And "harvesting" would apparently be our dropping off our neighbors' mail in ballots? I mean, they have a couple of years on us, more major health issues, but oh no, we couldn't save them the trip next time? But apparently Florida's proposed changes are "mild" compared to some other States. 
0 Likes

Jump to solution

The State of Florida is apparently going to lower the Flags to honor Rush Limbaugh. Wow.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Gee - after all the suffering in Texas this past week - some people are getting HUGE electric bills - thousands and thousands.  What exactly this is, I don't fully understand.  It sounds like a co-op?  I'll have to talk to my friend in Austin - she lost heat, but not electric.  Yikes!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Apparently some Electric Companies offer "Variable Rate Plans". What you pay is based on cost of what your Power Provider had to pay for the "resource" that powers their generators.

So if there was only Company able to provide natural gas because their lines weren't frozen that company could say the going rate is $10k per cubic foot (or however it's sold). Your Electric Provider pays that obscene sum & then you pay them based on that "Variable Rate" of what the natural gas cost.

Come July the price might only be $10.00 and even though it's 100 degrees in the shade in Texas & your AC never shuts off, your electric bill might only be $50.00.

How scary & it almost seems like "legalized price gouging". How do you budget yourself?

2 Likes

Jump to solution

That’s crazy, those poor people. I seen it online and thought maybe their electricity provider also supplied their water and sewage (how it is here) so if pipes burst the costs would be high. The variable rate thing sounds crooked.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

The situation half of the State of Texas is is living through is dire. I feel for them.

There are probably a lot of people learning how to be DIY plumbers, or scrambling to find a way to shut off the water lines coming into their houses. 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Just a follow up to my post last week about Gov. DeSantis' choice of vaccination site:

"US Representative Charlie Crist announced Sunday he has sent a letter to Acting Attorney General Monty Wilkinson, asking that the US Department of Justice investigate concerns surrounding Governor Ron DeSantis’ decision to establish vaccination sites in wealthy neighborhoods, such as Lakewood Ranch.

A release from Crist’s office says DeSantis has established “coronavirus vaccine distribution and administration sites to benefit political allies and donors, over the needs of higher-risk communities and existing county waitlists.”

However, data shows neighboring zip codes have more seniors and more virus cases.

DeSantis wasn’t the only one under fire. (County) Commissioner Baugh later issued an apology to county residents after she added herself and four others to a “VIP” list to get the vaccine at the already-exclusive clinic in Lakewood Ranch.

DeSantis told reporters, “we wanted to find communities that had high levels of seniors living there and this obviously has a high concentration.”"

Another local news channel reporting that the builder who started the communities (& may still own the undeveloped land &/or community centers etc.) is 'titled' a major Republican Party Contributor & has apparently given generously to DeSantis' campaign efforts.

I am becoming so tired in how vaccinations appear to be handled. Then the news wants to jump all over Gov. Cuomo for how he handled COVID Data, or question how New York handled nursing homes. NY is stating they followed CDC/Federal guidelines. Yet no one is asking any other Governors (DeSantis for one) more pointed questions - such as "if DeSantis had mandated masks how many of the 30K+ who died or the 1.8M+ people who became ill or 77K+ who were hospitalized would not have suffered that fate?" 

1 Like

Jump to solution

"Former President Donald Trump came out swinging today after the U.S. Supreme Court announced it won’t block the turnover of his tax records to a New York state prosecutor.

“It just never ends!” Trump wrote. “The Supreme Court never should have let this ‘fishing expedition’ happen.”

Here is Trump’s full response from his 45 Office email account:

“This investigation is a continuation of the greatest political Witch Hunt in the history of our Country, whether it was the never ending $32 million Mueller hoax, which already investigated everything that could possibly be investigated, ‘Russia Russia Russia,’ where there was a finding of ‘No Collusion,’ or two ridiculous ‘Crazy Nancy’ inspired impeachment attempts where I was found NOT GUILTY. It just never ends!

So now, for more than two years, New York City has been looking at almost every transaction I’ve ever done, including seeking tax returns which were done by among the biggest and most prestigious law and accounting firms in the U.S. The Tea Party was treated far better by the IRS than Donald Trump. The Supreme Court never should have let this “fishing expedition” happen, but they did. This is something which has never happened to a President before, it is all Democrat-inspired in a totally Democrat location, New York City and State, completely controlled and dominated by a heavily reported enemy of mine, Governor Andrew Cuomo. These are attacks by Democrats willing to do anything to stop the almost 75 million people (the most votes, by far, ever gotten by a sitting president) who voted for me in the election—an election which many people, and experts, feel that I won. I agree!

The new phenomenon of “headhunting” prosecutors and AGs—who try to take down their political opponents using the law as a weapon—is a threat to the very foundation of our liberty. That’s what is done in third world countries. Even worse are those who run for prosecutorial or attorney general offices in far-left states and jurisdictions pledging to take out a political opponent. That’s fascism, not justice—and that is exactly what they are trying to do with respect to me, except that the people of our Country won’t stand for it.

In the meantime, murders and violent crime are up in New York City by record numbers, and nothing is done about it. Our elected officials don’t care. All they focus on is the persecution of President Donald J. Trump.

I will fight on, just as I have, for the last five years (even before I was successfully elected), despite all of the election crimes that were committed against me. We will win!”

0 Likes

Jump to solution

California is making the news. A Federal Judge upheld California's Net Neutrality law. 
Sadly, California is now "responsible" for a mutated COVID strain.  

The J&J Vaccine may soon be available. One more tool in the tool box!

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Well it appears the "eternal circling" in the Forums has ended!

Okay, so Texas & Mississippi lifted their State Mask Mandates. Yet Texas' positivity rate was something like 13% & only about 7% of their population has been vaccinated. Yes, as mentioned this is probably a Political Move, a way to get Texans to forget their days in winter h*ll. Just within the past few days the news reporting that about 400K still don't have ANY running water due to ruptured pipes. 
Mississippi - who knows why.

Florida Gov. DeSantis gave his "State of the State" address yesterday, and sounded like a mini-trump. 

Then, the other day while skipping ads, landed on Ingraham's tv show. I didn't know that Democrats want the pandemic to continue so that they can have control over our lives. Did you know this? 

Everyone stay safe and healthy. 

1 Like

Jump to solution

I haven’t watched much tv so know little of what is going on. I think it is COVID fatigue and any time I turn it on there seems to be bickering or their talking about trump.

I was wondering how Texas was doing, sad that they put them in further danger trying to divert.

Have you got your vaccine yet, sorry I can’t remember if you said already. Our premier spent a month crying about not enough vaccine and blaming others instead of developing a plan so my age group is a ways off. I hate him as much as I hate trump.

I am looking forward to spring so there is more to do, get outside some. We go for walks but same old is getting tiring. I hope everyone is well and staying safe.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Most of my news comes in the morning when I'm waking up & then listening while eating dinner.

So far, the most interesting things have been Pres. Biden's OMB pick being derailed. The hearings on the Janu. 6th insurrection seem to be revealing interesting things. The House will not be in session tomorrow due to apparent credible threats. Oh, and Trump's Gold Statue at the CPAC thing apparently made in China.

No vaccination yet, trying to remain patient. It's already Spring here & summer teasing us - last week a couple of days in the 80's. Like you while I'm doing my best to stay positive, I can't wait for our vaccination dates. Then, if the Country as a whole appears to be doing okay, we'll take a trip somewhere. Really need to just see different scenery even if it's places we've been before. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.